Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXI: Bulls Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Look on the bright side Cubs fans, now you got more time for hockey. And hockey>>>>>>baseball.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It was a great 4 year run. There's nothing wrong with retooling and making some whole sale changes.

The Cubs have power with Baez, Rizzo, and Bryant. Perhaps you keep Contreras as catchers are tough to find. However, everyone from Schwarber to Happ to Russell to Almora to Heyward (impossible to trade) to LaStella to Caratini to Bote to Zobrist are expendable. The team needs a major change.

Lester, Hendricks, Hamels, Quintana, Darvish, and Chatwood have enough for one more go around.

That's the mindset I'd take.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Look on the bright side Cubs fans, now you got more time for hockey. And hockey>>>>>>baseball.
I'm not even that big of a baseball fan. It's just fun during late Sept though October. I thought the Cubs overachieved this year. That said, they were also extremely irritating with their style of play.

I'd rather just watch the Bears, Bulls, and Hawks anyways.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Cost controlled players have become valuable in this day and age.

Dangle Almora
Dangle Schwarber
Dangle Happ
Dangle Russell
and pray to god Heyward walks

= 2019 World Series!!!

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Cost controlled players have become valuable in this day and age.

Dangle Almora
Dangle Schwarber
Dangle Happ
Dangle Russell
and pray to god Heyward walks

= 2019 World Series!!!

Schwarber gets you the most but weakens the team the most. Happ probably gets you a decent player or two. Almora is pretty much a 4th OF/defensive replacement, and while those do have value, it's not going to be high. As for Russell, nobody is giving up much for a wife-beater. Russell is most likely a DFA candidate. Even before his allegations, he was not very good. So I'm not sure you could have gotten much for him. And Jason Heyward is not going to walk. He's here for the duration.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
It's unfortunate what happened to Addison Russell. Came out of nowhere and hit 20+ homeruns and 90+ rbi's in 2016. Also had the most RBI's during their world series run.

Agree his trade value is at an all time low...

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's unfortunate what happened to Addison Russell. Came out of nowhere and hit 20+ homeruns and 90+ rbi's in 2016. Also had the most RBI's during their world series run.

Agree his trade value is at an all time low...

It's...unfortunate? Not really. He's scum and hopefully he's out of the league in a year. Karma sucks.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Lester got squeezed in the 1st inning by the ump which is the only reason Colorado got a run. Otherwise, Cubs win 1-0.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
@piteus

Lol my original How'd the team win the WS? was simply a question. You over thought it and spun off a huge retort

Most people here think everyone is out to get them and goes for the jugular immediately. I was just saying back off.

You were calling to trade everyone that wasn't Baez, Bryant, or Rizzo. I simply was stating this roster won the WS so what changed to need to get blown up?

Same thing about the contract, Rizzo signed an amazing deal, but Jesus Christ, since it wasn't literally the greatest contract ever written, a huge retort again?

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
There’s severe overreaction here and at the end of the last thread. Joe isn’t getting canned. The roster doesn’t need wholesale changes. This is silly talk.
Overreactions? Definitely

Davis getting fired? Most likely

Maddon getting fired? Where there is smoke, there is fire, but I'm hesitant. It wouldn't shock me, I could see him retire as well, he is 64

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Overreactions? Definitely

Davis getting fired? Most likely

Maddon getting fired? Where there is smoke, there is fire, but I'm hesitant. It wouldn't shock me, I could see him retire as well, he is 64

Sure, Davis may not be back. But a change at hitting coach is among the most insignificant and inconsequential moves a team can make.

Maddon will be back, guaranteed. There is absolutely no good reason to not want him back.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
This team needs a healthy Bryant and someone at the top of the lineup to set the table and a bullpen arm since we can’t rely on Morrow. Add in a healthy Darvish and even better.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
This team needs a healthy Bryant and someone at the top of the lineup to set the table and a bullpen arm since we can’t rely on Morrow. Add in a healthy Darvish and even better.
Gambling on a injury prone pitcher.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Pretty Comfortable

Davis fired

Kintzler, Hamels, Duensing, Wilson, and Murphy gone

Gore signs some basic deal

1-2 relievers signed

KB shoulder surgery

Wildcards

Heyward + primo package or Chatwood cap dump

Harper or Machado signed (think KB can sway it)

Russell exonerated, stays (heals in off-season, bounces back)

Schwarber/Almora gone

Lester - Hendricks - Darvish - Q - Smyly

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Pretty Comfortable

Davis fired

1-2 relievers signed

KB shoulder surgery

Wildcards

Schwarber/Almora gone

That rotation is awful

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Pretty Comfortable

Davis fired

1-2 relievers signed

KB shoulder surgery

Wildcards

Schwarber/Almora gone

I’d be nervous about that rotation but ok with it if you brought in an elite RP you can go to for two innings in the playoffs.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I’d be nervous about that rotation but ok with it if you brought in an elite RP you can go to for two innings in the playoffs.

Gotta gamble somewhere . This isn't the NBA

Those are my hot takes. What's everyone elses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->