Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LVIII: Hamels & Kintzler are Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
LeBron was the one who started the superteams concept and Durant and company has taken it to another stratosphere. Just awful, but you reap what you sow.
This right here.

LeBron is just salty they didn't have enough money for him on GS, so he took the huge twilight deal instead.

As for Cousins, how is this a bad thing? If it was a team you rooted for who was deep in talent nobody would be crying. I thinks it's awesome watching a loaded team destroy the league, like the Hawks in 10 and 13.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
This right here.

LeBron is just salty they didn't have enough money for him on GS, so he took the huge twilight deal instead.

As for Cousins, how is this a bad thing? If it was a team you rooted for who was deep in talent nobody would be crying. I thinks it's awesome watching a loaded team destroy the league, like the Hawks in 10 and 13.

Lol. The Hawks in 10 and 13 aren't close to being comparable to GS.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Lol. The Hawks in 10 and 13 aren't close to being comparable to GS.
When the playoffs start, and you just have that underlying feeling nobody is beating them, that's what I am saying.

Had it in 10, and 13. Same thing with the Warriors currently

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
When the playoffs start, and you just have that underlying feeling nobody is beating them, that's what I am saying.

Had it in 10, and 13. Same thing with the Warriors currently

A feeling is quite different than reality. I had that feeling 14 too, but they lost and they could have lost in 2010 or 13. The Warriors aren't losing without an injury to a superstar.

For reference, you would get better odds on the field winning the title than the warriors.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Has anyone posted new odds for the Warriors to win it all next year? I’d be curious to see what team had the next best odds in all of sports, entering a season.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Another nice win for the Cubs. Think they’ve come from behind in each of their last 5 wins. Would be nice to just have the lead the whole time, but beggars can’t be choosers!

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Another nice win for the Cubs. Think they’ve come from behind in each of their last 5 wins. Would be nice to just have the lead the whole time, but beggars can’t be choosers!

Yu Darvish signing, what was Theo thinking??? Quintana has been average at best as well. Jon Lester on the other hand....

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Even though Giolito completely sucks, I'm ok with him getting lit in a lost season. He only has one option left, and the Sox can maximize the time they have to see if the light turns on by keeping him in the majors all season. If they have that luxury, why not use it? The light has to come on by ASB 2019 though, or it won't happen with the Sox, if it ever does.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Let's hope Wendell Carter plays well in the summer league. I hope he lights it up from the outside and proves me wrong.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Let's examine the Chris Sale trade.

Nothing to say about Sale other then he's one of the best pitchers in baseball.

Moncada? He's closer to bust then even a stop gap player at this point. It's funny that there was even talk about Moncada VS Baez at the beginning of the year. He's just not going to be a superstar. There's a reason why when Hahn asked for Benny and Devers the Red Sox countered with Moncada.

Yoan is going to be average, and that's with his questionable play, not running hard, etc. I am more then comfortable calling him a bust now at 23. He doesn't get it and never will.

Kopech has numbers almost identical to Tyler Chatwood in the minors. That's a huge red flag. Yes, he can hit triple digits on the gun, but if you can't find the strike zone, it doesn't matter. One has to question his mental makeup because if he was this great prospect, or wasn't replaceable, I don't think the Red Sox would have traded him, at all. Previous drug suspension and aggressive behavior aside, he's either going to "get it" or flame out, and I see him trending on the later.

The other two were filler.

This is a complete fleecing. More now then when the trade was made.

Just being honest;
KBIB

Reactions: Easy E

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I don't think Butler isn't against coming back to Chicago. Any chance the Bulls can clear up space for TWO MAX contracts next year?

Kyrie and Jimmy would look great in a Bulls uniform. They want to play together. I don't think the Knicks have enough room for 2 max contracts although Kyrie and Jimmy's first choice could be MSG.

The Bulls better sign Lavine for cheap and somehow get rid of Felicio's contract.

In 2019, the Bulls can have:
* Lavine, Kyrie, Butler, Markannen, Hutchinson starting.
* Carter, Nwaba, Portis and Dunn coming off the bench.

Now we're talking about being a legitimate threat to Boston and Philly in the East.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
I don't think Butler isn't against coming back to Chicago. Any chance the Bulls can clear up space for TWO MAX contracts next year?

Kyrie and Jimmy would look great in a Bulls uniform. They want to play together. I don't think the Knicks have enough room for 2 max contracts although Kyrie and Jimmy's first choice could be MSG.

The Bulls better sign Lavine for cheap and somehow get rid of Felicio's contract.

In 2019, the Bulls can have:
* Lavine, Kyrie, Butler, Markannen, Hutchinson starting.
* Carter, Nwaba, Portis and Dunn coming off the bench.

Now we're talking about being a legitimate threat to Boston and Philly in the East.
Yeah I've been thinking about this, i'm not sure if Butler would comeback to Chicago with the whole Hoiberg rift he had when he was here, but they are one of few teams that can actually pair the two of them together.

Large portion of the roster is off the books next offseason, should be able to max out both Kyrie and Butler. Hopefully they don't overpay Lavine and Nwaba, just wait it out, there's not much of a market for the players, only three teams have space at this point, Bulls, Kings and Hawks.

Would definitely be a fun team to watch, and Kyrie is still only 26, he could continue developing with the rest of the young guys.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Yeah I've been thinking about this, i'm not sure if Butler would comeback to Chicago with the whole Hoiberg rift he had when he was here, but they are one of few teams that can actually pair the two of them together.

Large portion of the roster is off the books next offseason, should be able to max out both Kyrie and Butler. Hopefully they don't overpay Lavine and Nwaba, just wait it out, there's not much of a market for the players, only three teams have space at this point, Bulls, Kings and Hawks.

Would definitely be a fun team to watch, and Kyrie is still only 26, he could continue developing with the rest of the young guys.
Hoiberg's gone if Butler and Kyrie want to come back to Chicago. That's a no brainer. That's when you make a play for a coach like Beilein or someone from the D'Antoni coaching tree.

To have 2 MAX contracts next year, the Bulls must not overpay for Lavine. Portis will come on the books in Sept. of 2019.

This is the issue. The Bulls will have:

* 4 post / interior defenders (Markannen, Felicio, Portis, Carter)
* 4 wings (Butler, Lavine, Hutchison, Nwaba)
* 2 point guards (Kyrie, Dunn)

Although Markannen can play the stretch 4 or 5, the Bulls are over represented in the post / interior. What the Bulls don't have is an athletic 6'9" wing who can defend on the perimeter. That's one of the reasons I preferred Kevin Knox. It's not because I think Wendell Carter will be bad. It was because of the roster make up.

That said, the Bulls can draft long athletic wing next year. Hopefully, package a future 1st rounder to get rid of Felicio and save $8mn in the cap. Hopefully, Portis signs a reasonable deal. Otherwise, he'll get the boot for Carter.

They key is to sign BOTH Butler and Kyrie next year. Yes ... they are both injury risks. However, the triple threat of Butler, Kyrie, and Markannen should fit really well. All 3 have different skill sets that complement each other well.

Watch the Knicks. They are thinking the same by teaming up Butler, Kyrie, and Porzingis. However, unless they make some major roster moves ... I don't think they have enough for 2 max contracts. The Hardaway and Noah contacts are killers.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
Hoiberg's gone if Butler and Kyrie want to come back to Chicago. That's a no brainer. That's when you make a play for a coach like Beilein or someone from the D'Antoni coaching tree.

To have 2 MAX contracts next year, the Bulls must not overpay for Lavine. Portis will come on the books in Sept. of 2019.

This is the issue. The Bulls will have:

* 4 post / interior defenders (Markannen, Felicio, Portis, Carter)
* 4 wings (Butler, Lavine, Hutchison, Nwaba)
* 2 point guards (Kyrie, Dunn)

Although Markannen can play the stretch 4 or 5, the Bulls are over represented in the post / interior. What the Bulls don't have is an athletic 6'9" wing who can defend on the perimeter. That's one of the reasons I preferred Kevin Knox. It's not because I think Wendell Carter will be bad. It was because of the roster make up.

That said, the Bulls can draft long athletic wing next year. Hopefully, package a future 1st rounder to get rid of Felicio and save $8mn in the cap. Hopefully, Portis signs a reasonable deal. Otherwise, he'll get the boot for Carter.

They key is to sign BOTH Butler and Kyrie next year. Yes ... they are both injury risks. However, the triple threat of Butler, Kyrie, and Markannen should fit really well. All 3 have different skill sets that complement each other well.

Watch the Knicks. They are thinking the same by teaming up Butler, Kyrie, and Porzingis. However, unless they make some major roster moves ... I don't think they have enough for 2 max contracts. The Hardaway and Noah contacts are killers.
It's to bad they will likely not have a top pick next season, Someone like Zion would have been an awesome fit on this roster. I'm hoping the younger players play majority of the minutes and players like Lopez, Holiday are either traded or put in bench roles with limited minutes.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Let's examine the Chris Sale trade.

Nothing to say about Sale other then he's one of the best pitchers in baseball.

Moncada? He's closer to bust then even a stop gap player at this point. It's funny that there was even talk about Moncada VS Baez at the beginning of the year. He's just not going to be a superstar. There's a reason why when Hahn asked for Benny and Devers the Red Sox countered with Moncada.

Yoan is going to be average, and that's with his questionable play, not running hard, etc. I am more then comfortable calling him a bust now at 23. He doesn't get it and never will.

Kopech has numbers almost identical to Tyler Chatwood in the minors. That's a huge red flag. Yes, he can hit triple digits on the gun, but if you can't find the strike zone, it doesn't matter. One has to question his mental makeup because if he was this great prospect, or wasn't replaceable, I don't think the Red Sox would have traded him, at all. Previous drug suspension and aggressive behavior aside, he's either going to "get it" or flame out, and I see him trending on the later.

The other two were filler.

This is a complete fleecing. More now then when the trade was made.

Just being honest;
KBIB

Sadly, the Cubs got fleeced taking Quintana from them. Really disappointed in the trade. I agree with you about Sale trade. They got fleeced badly .

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's to bad they will likely not have a top pick next season, Someone like Zion would have been an awesome fit on this roster. I'm hoping the younger players play majority of the minutes and players like Lopez, Holiday are either traded or put in bench roles with limited minutes.
I'm interested how Zion plays for Duke. He doesn't have the best reputation for work ethic. That said, a lot of us didn't have great work ethic in high school. He probably needs to shed a couple of pounds.

Trade Holiday and Lopez along with Felicio's contract. Since the Bulls have cap space, we can take a big contract back as long as it expires this year. Heck, the Bulls should trade for Carmelo as long as OKC takes Holiday, Lopez, and Felicio. OKC can easily trade Lopez and Holiday's contract ... saving themselves a ton of money. The Bulls can just cut Melo like they did to Jameer Nelson.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
LOL! Carmelo Anthony has a no trade clause. There is zero, zilch, nada, caput chance he waves that right and signs with the Bulls.

NEXT!!

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
LOL! Carmelo Anthony has a no trade clause. There is zero, zilch, nada, caput chance he waves that right and signs with the Bulls.

NEXT!!
You really have no idea how the NBA works.

If the Bulls promise to cut Melo while giving his $28mn, why wouldn't he waive his no trade clause to the Bulls? Melo would become a UFA like DWade last year. He would then be able to sign with either the Lakers or Rockets at a minimum to join his friends ... while also collecting his $28mn owed (or negotiated buyout).

You do realize this is how DWade got to the Cavs last year? How old are you? You seem to have absolutely no clue how the NBA works. Let's not forget this was the way Greg Monroe got to the Celtics last year.

Ignorance is a choice. If you are going to call out people, at least vet the topic.

NEXT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1