Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
LOL all the "Cousins is going to LA to join Lebron" people are pissed

Frankly I find it amusing the troll job of Warriors at this point

Team is going to win a few more titles before they have to start taking apart team

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
It's not the Warriors you should be worried about. Heck, Durant could even opt out and sign with the Lakers next year with Kawhi.
It is the Warriors I should be worried about because they currently have won 3 of the last 4 championships, and just added an all star talent to there super-team. Lakers have a lot of work to do from this point on and it's all just speculation. Either way what the Warriors have done has damaged the league, and it's all on the stupid cap jump.

Rockets definitely could compete with Golden State as shown in the WCF, but if Cousins is healthy and playing like how he did last year then there is zero comp for the season, Basically 2017 nba season all over again.

Rooh

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Whatever i'm a Bulls fan, not my problem. Good luck to the teams trying to compete for a title right now...lol.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It is the Warriors I should be worried about because they currently have won 3 of the last 4 championships, and just added an all star talent to there super-team. Lakers have a lot of work to do from this point on and it's all just speculation. Either way what the Warriors have done has damaged the league, and it's all on the stupid cap jump.

Rockets definitely could compete with Golden State as shown in the WCF, but if Cousins is healthy and playing like how he did last year then there is zero comp for the season, Basically 2017 nba season all over again.
Do you think Draymond, Klay, and Boogie will take a discount in 2019-2020? I don't think so. The Warriors were going to win the title in 2018-2019 regardless. No one was beating GS next year, including the Rockets. They already lost Ariza ... and Capela is NOT happy with the Rockets right now. He might sign somewhere else.

If all goes according to plan, all 3 players could get MAX deals. Boogie is just there in GS for a year to collect his ring. He wants a max deal. My bet is Draymond leaves for a max contract next year. Lacob loves Klay. GS will give him the Max.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
It's time for the NBA to end the max contract. This GS team isn't possible in a world where Steph and KD can receive offers for what they're actually worth.

Reactions: massey1984

Rooh

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Do you think Draymond, Klay, and Boogie will take a discount in 2019-2020? I don't think so. The Warriors were going to win the title in 2018-2019 regardless. No one was beating GS next year, including the Rockets. They already lost Ariza ... and Capela is NOT happy with the Rockets right now. He might sign somewhere else.

If all goes according to plan, all 3 players could get MAX deals. Boogie is just there in GS for a year to collect his ring. He wants a max deal. My bet is Draymond leaves for a max contract next year. Lacob loves Klay. GS will give him the Max.
I know Cousins will be gone but I’m sure Draymond and Klay will take discounts to continue winning.

I would’ve liked to have had at least some comp vs the Warriors next season, fatigue could of set in making it that many times to the Finals, never know.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
It's time for the NBA to end the max contract. This GS team isn't possible in a world where Steph and KD can receive offers for what they're actually worth.

It's mainly the Soft cap...can get around it easy. Paying another hundred million in luxury taxes is nothing to some of these owners in a multi billion dollar league...

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

This dude makes it sound like Lebron is still in his mid 20's.. lol. Lakers are his last hurrah and he has both the Warriors and Houston in the way

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
I don't think you realize the Lakers long term plan. It appears Kawhi wants to go to the Lakers due to a lucrative sneaker deal next year. When they get rid of Deng next year, they will have possibly 2 MAX slots available. I'm sure they will target either Jimmy Butler (who wants to play in LA) or Klay Thompson (who grew up in LA when his father was a Laker).

They will also have Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, and Hart in rookie deals. They are going to be scary.

Yah, so did Paul George. How that work out?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
This is exciting to you? This is pretty damn awful unless your a giant hater of the NBA, this is real bad for the league.

LeBron was the one who started the superteams concept and Durant and company has taken it to another stratosphere. Just awful, but you reap what you sow.

Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This dude makes it sound like Lebron is still in his mid 20's.. lol. Lakers are his last hurrah and he has both the Warriors and Houston in the way
How do you know how many years LeBron has left after his playoff performance? By the way, Chris Paul is just as "old" as LeBron with even more past injuries. So Houston isn't on their last "hurrah" as they are also capped out? Let's not forget, Draymond, Boogie, and Klay will all be UFAs next year.

You lack understanding of how the NBA works. They are obviously trying to clear room for 2 max contracts next year. You also don't realize re signing KCP was probably to appease Klutch Sports ... an agency pretty much owned by LeBron. Like I said, there's a reason Kawhi has his sights on a big market. He wants that massive shoe deal. His uncle pretty much implied it. Even if they miss on Kawhi, there's also Butler, Kemba, Klay, Durant, etc. who'll be UFAs next year.

So while the Bulls celebrate drafting Carter, the Lakers are trying to sign 3 superstars in 2 years while keeping their young assets. That said, rumors are swirling around the NBA that both Kyrie and Durant have the Knicks in their sights to possibly cement their NBA legacy.

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's mainly the Soft cap...can get around it easy. Paying another hundred million in luxury taxes is nothing to some of these owners in a multi billion dollar league...
Paying $200mn+ in annual luxury taxes is "nothing" to some of these owners? LOL. You mean like Prokhorov who pulled the plug on the Nets after spending over $100mn in luxury taxes. Prokhorov is probably the 3rd wealthiest owner in the NBA next to Balmer and Allen. Heck, Allen desperately traded away Crabbe and Vonleh last year to miss the luxury tax. The Kroenkes are from the Walmart fortune. They are dying to trade assets to get rid of Faried's contract to get under the luxury tax.

The reason why billionaires are billionaires are because they don't throw away money.

Reactions: DPHawk

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Blows my mind the NBA’s ratings haven’t dipped significantly. Such an un-interesting league.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Blows my mind the NBA’s ratings haven’t dipped significantly. Such an un-interesting league.
It's not for Generation X. The NFL targets Generation X. The NBA targets millennials.

The younger generation love this stuff. Social media, drama, shoes, individualism, super teams, etc.

Super teams aren't the problem. Well, the Warriors are sort of ridiculous next year. That will pass. However, tanking is a MAJOR problem and something that will not go away until something is done.

Reactions: DPHawk

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It's not for Generation X. The NFL targets Generation X. The NBA targets millennials.

The younger generation love this stuff. Social media, drama, shoes, individualism, super teams, etc.

Super teams aren't the problem. Well, the Warriors are sort of ridiculous next year. That will pass. However, tanking is a MAJOR problem and something that will not go away until something is done.

Super transnational aren’t a problem? I used to watch the NBA up until them. I’m not the only one who was already kind of down on it leading up to that, and then just gave up entirely on it when they started. Whole league is a joke.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

This is true for sure, well not for me personally, but for the broader fandom. The off the court stuff has become a huge part of the interest in the game.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Brian Hanley getting the heave-ho from the Score

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Super transnational aren’t a problem? I used to watch the NBA up until them. I’m not the only one who was already kind of down on it leading up to that, and then just gave up entirely on it when they started. Whole league is a joke.
I'm not of fan of super teams either. Unfortunately, the younger generation don't seem to care.

To be honest, EXCEPT for some big games here and there, were you that interested in NBA regular season games? It's the playoffs people care about. And even then, the NBA almost always have the 4 preseason favorites in the Final Four. It's always been the most predictable sport. The NBA sells by its superstars. The games don't appear to matter as much. Gambling should help the regular season going forward.

However, tanking even impacts gambling and the integrity of the game. Silver needs to change this ASAP.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm not of fan of super teams either. Unfortunately, the younger generation don't seem to care.

To be honest, EXCEPT for some big games here and there, were you that interested in NBA regular season games? It's the playoffs people care about. And even then, the NBA almost always have the 4 preseason favorites in the Final Four. It's always been the most predictable sport. The NBA sells by its superstars. The games don't appear to matter as much. Gambling should help the regular season going forward.

However, tanking even impacts gambling and the integrity of the game. Silver needs to change this ASAP.

Back then I had a lot more time to kill haha so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad