Other Arizona Sports Thread 4: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
**** yea! **** yea! **** yea! **** yea! **** yea! **** yea! **** yea! **** yea! **** yea!

Arizona upsets Oregon again!

:partytime:

pitbull-o.gif

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. Un****ing real! Un****ing real!

:partytime:

Never once did I think Rich Rod would upset Oregon let alone upset them for 2 straight seasons and certainly not with his history on defense.

Holy ****ing ****!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I don't think AP is watching the right game, USC was up by 2 at half.

Todd Graham has to have set a record, most timeouts used on defensive side of the football in the 1st or 3rd quarter.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Well, that was the most exciting 5 minutes of football ever. ASU pulls off the win. Seriously the D needs to pick it up though.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Hahaha. What's up now, kitty cats! One heck of a finish to that game!

This season of college football is so messed up. People thought there was controversy with the BCS, just wait until the Playoff selection! This is fun. ASU's defense and special teams gives up too many big plays. The offense is a machine, but damn the other side of the ball can't be consistent and solid.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I'm not a blind fan. ASU is a better football team and has faced more ranked competition early on than Arizona. We are clearly overrated and even though we beat a #2 ranked team, it wasn't like we beat the Ducks in a blowout either.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm not a blind fan. ASU is a better football team and has faced more ranked competition early on than Arizona. We are clearly overrated as even though we beat a #2 ranked team it wasn't like we beat the Ducks in a blowout either.

Fair enough. I'm sure there are many U of A fans who might feel the same way but if I believed U of A was a better team than ASU I'd just keep my mouth shut instead of admit it :laugh:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Fair enough. I'm sure there are many U of A fans who might feel the same way but if I believed U of A was a better team than ASU I'd just keep my mouth shut instead of admit it :laugh:

Except come March Madness time where almost every ASU Fan will be cheering on the Wildcats in the tourney. :P

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Injuries. Down to a 3rd String QB. Just not our day today. We really need the 49ers and Seahawks to lose this week.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Arizona shouldn't be ranked that high and ASU should be ranked higher than them.

What makes you say that? ASU is ranked where they should be. They are below UCLA, who beat them easily. UofA hasn't lost yet. ASU beat Weber State, New Mexico, and Colorado, but then lost to UCLA. And on top of that, it took a hail mary to beat USC. UofA should be ranked higher than ASU because ASU hasn't proven themselves at all this season of being a highly ranked team. They have Stanford and Notre Dame coming up, so obviously the ranking could increase, but you have to win the big games to be taken seriously.

I do agree though, #10 in the nation after beating Oregon is a big stretch, but so be it. That win over Oregon solidifies the thought that nobody from the Pac-12 will be involved with the playoff this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad