Other Arizona Sports Thread 4: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
http://m.dbacks.mlb.com/news/article/96368972/d-backs-hire-stewart-as-new-gm

Diamondbacks now have a new GM.

PHOENIX - The Arizona D-backs announce that Dave Stewart has been named Senior Vice President & General Manager and De Jon Watson has been named Senior Vice President, Baseball Operations according to D-backs Chief Baseball Officer Tony La Russa. Stewart and Watson will both report directly to La Russa, while the trio has a combined 122 years of experience in professional baseball.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Stay classy UCLA.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...me-in-arizona-state-logo-on-field-before-game

ByauMvICIAIpA3O.jpg:large

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm just surprised they spelled it the right way.

HAHAHAHA. Oh man, that just made me remember what happened at the Cats game 2 weeks ago. The people that run out with the flags, they mixed up the T and S, so it spelled "CAST" instead of "CATS".

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

9168f0e8.jpg

:biglaugh:

I laughed more at that than I should've. I swear between ASU and UofA, ASU gets more hate when it comes to these attacks on the stadium logo and A Mountain.

I'm just surprised they spelled it the right way.

HAHAHAHA. Oh man, that just made me remember what happened at the Cats game 2 weeks ago. The people that run out with the flags, they mixed up the T and S, so it spelled "CAST" instead of "CATS".

379aac802933321012288e346303251b8c15666033590d7ef2bac1c462e4a196.jpg

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Bruins have stuck the Sun Devils own fork in them as they're done. TD off a drive from the fumble recovery. We may have a lopsided basketball score here.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm excited for the future. Most of these guys are in their first or second year of eligibility. But there's no excuse for such poor tackling and special teams play in the present.

Norvell should be embarrassed that he went for it with a backup at the end of the first half, and had it intercepted for a touchdown. Instead of a tie game, they get devastated.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yeah, should have just taken the points in hindsight, but he had a good game though. Dude can sling the ball. That just deflated the team going into halftime. And then the first play coming out of the half, it was just downhill from there.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Perhaps this firing is karma coming to Gibson for hitting that home run for the Dodgers vs the A's in the 88 World Series that Stewert was on the losing team at that time. :laugh:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The DBacks finish with the worst record in baseball and now have the 1st overall pick in the draft along with a house that is cleaned. Anyone want to guess who they'll pick? Any guesses to how long it will take them to get back into playoffs? Any faith so far in what Tony LaRussa is doing?

Also, the 49ers avoid a 1-3 early hole. ****! Now the Cardinals face the Broncos in Denver next week.

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The early front runner is probably Michael Matuella, a RHP from Duke.

We're still over 8 months away from the draft though. Going to be a lot of reshuffling in the rankings before then.

ironpatriothockey27

Dec 26, 2013
Needles
Are you really comparing an NFL fanbase to an NHL fanbase?

Hell, I'll give you an example. When I was in college, I paid for glass seats against the Sharks on dollar beer night. I put my beers on the glass, and they got knocked off when someone was hit into the boards. Yes, rookie mistake. Best part, about 6 rows up there was a Sharks fan. Was he drunk? I don't know. But him and I bantered all night long. It was fun.

Cardinals are just like any Arizona team, the opposing team fans usually outnumber them. Cardinal fans could just brush off what is said, and not care, and watch the game on the field. There is no reason for someone to take something said about a football team personally. Just be the home town fan, and banter with the opposing team fan.

I think that fans in the valley who do support the home team are starting to get a chip on their shoulder and tired of visiting fans outnumbering us. I think the main cause of the NFL violence too is that people tailgate all day long up until the game. By the time the game starts they are so lit up that they don't even need to drink inside the stadium. I also wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers - cards fan fight did not have anything to do with the two teams on the field. A lot of times fights start because of other reasons like insulting someones child, wife whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad