Other Arizona Sports Thread 4: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
2 straight games where the 49ers got owned in the 2nd half. Colin's big pay day is looking more and more like a bad contract by the game. Cardinals have the bye week coming up.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Will Kurt Gibson still have a job after this season? I see more of the problems with the team over the years in the GM position and would like to see Gibson in action with a more contending team overtime than the one he had a few seasons ago with an early exit to the Brewers.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Anyone see the brawl in the stands during the game yesterday? Such a disgusting shame and a bad showing by both teams fans yesterday.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Not surprising considering the brawling many 49ers Fans often get into with the Raiders Fans.

Speaking of brawling, one broke out between the Redskins and Eagles Sunday after former Arizona QB Nick Foles got hit with a cheap shot way after the whistle.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Not surprising considering the brawling many 49ers Fans often get into with the Raiders Fans.

Speaking of brawling, one broke out between the Redskins and Eagles Sunday after former Arizona QB Nick Foles got hit with a cheap shot way after the whistle.

Cardinals fans aren't exactly the model fans...

Fights happen everywhere. Drunk people taking sports a little too seriously.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Last edited:

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Pretty cool how Darnell docket is going to give tickets to the guy wearing his jersey that came to the aid of the security guy. Pretty classy!

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench

NFL games are scary in general. Even though there is alcohol at NHL games I feel like it is a much more family-friendly environment. Of course the NFL has to deal with 3x the spectators but still...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Anyone see the brawl in the stands during the game yesterday? Such a disgusting shame and a bad showing by both teams fans yesterday.

Your so right. I went to a Cardinal game a couple of years ago. So many drunks walking around yelling and swearing (the Cards were losing). Takes all the fun out of it, especially if you have young kids around.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

Again, every team has good and bad fans. However they're bad apples who root for certain teams that are worse than the bad apples of other teams. We have bad apples in the Coyotes Fanbase but they don't compare to that of the bad apples in the Oakland Raiders Fanbase for example.

NFL games are scary in general. Even though there is alcohol at NHL games I feel like it is a much more family-friendly environment. Of course the NFL has to deal with 3x the spectators but still...

The reason why the NFL games tend to have more violent drunk fans than say in the NHL is because most of the games are played on a day(Sunday) where the majority of Americans have the day off from work and many of those same people have Monday's off as well. Most people are not going to drink or will drink a little if they have to work the next day and some will call out sick if they had too much.

Your so right. I went to a Cardinal game a couple of years ago. So many drunks walking around yelling and swearing (the Cards were losing). Takes all the fun out of it, especially if you have young kids around.

To be fair to the NFL here despite the league being dragged through the mud over the past few weeks, there have been efforts made to make things more family friendly at the games. Such moves that have been made to ensure this by having "Family Friendly" sections of the stadium where no alcohol is allowed and they're quite a few of these so called "Alcohol Compliance" officers walking around along with local and state police at the games as well.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
RT @BNightengale The #Dbacks and Dave Stewart are on the verge of agreeing to a multiyear contract to become their GM, which could be announced Friday.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Again, every team has good and bad fans. However they're bad apples who root for certain teams that are worse than the bad apples of other teams. We have bad apples in the Coyotes Fanbase but they don't compare to that of the bad apples in the Oakland Raiders Fanbase for example.

Are you really comparing an NFL fanbase to an NHL fanbase?

Hell, I'll give you an example. When I was in college, I paid for glass seats against the Sharks on dollar beer night. I put my beers on the glass, and they got knocked off when someone was hit into the boards. Yes, rookie mistake. Best part, about 6 rows up there was a Sharks fan. Was he drunk? I don't know. But him and I bantered all night long. It was fun.

Cardinals are just like any Arizona team, the opposing team fans usually outnumber them. Cardinal fans could just brush off what is said, and not care, and watch the game on the field. There is no reason for someone to take something said about a football team personally. Just be the home town fan, and banter with the opposing team fan.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I was at a Cardinals game back when they played at Sun Devil Stadium. The players on the field basically outnumbered the fans in the stadium. Where were all these Cardinals fans then?

Avoiding the God damned heat and horrible everything at Sun Devil Stadium. :laugh:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Not anymore.

That's great for Cardinals fans. But 2 years ago when the Dolphins came to town, nearly half of the fans in my section and on the bust from the parking lot to the game were Dolphins fans. When you watch a Cardinals games on TV, the mid level is nearly completely empty. Their support isn't as much as it's made out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad