OT: OT Thread Part 7: Where the Only Off Off Topic is Politics (Well Not Literally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Someone said earlier he was going golfing with some pro football players (Drew Brees was one) and was going pretty quick. I'm guessing he was on his phone texting, drifted over, hit the concrete median and away he went. That or his vehicle suffered some sort of mechanical failure but I'm thinking distracted driving.
Actually was headed to a TV interview session when he crashed. Probably going too fast and distracted as well (as you said) on a part of the freeway you need to pay attention on.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Actually was headed to a TV interview session when he crashed. Probably going too fast and distracted as well (as you said) on a part of the freeway you need to pay attention on.

That's weird, SN said he was going to play golf with Brees and someone else.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
"Woods was driving to a television shoot when his SUV crashed into a median, rolled over and ended up on its side near a steep road known for wrecks, authorities said."

Got this from the TSN report.

I wasn't doubting you...just getting conflicting stories from two outlets, which in the end matters very little. He could have been going to Walmart for ass wipe for all we know.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I wasn't doubting you...just getting conflicting stories from two outlets, which in the end matters very little. He could have been going to Walmart for ass wipe for all we know.
Yah, no problem. The news isn't the most reliable source of info these days it seems, so who knows?;)

Reactions: oilers'72

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yah, no problem. The news isn't the most reliable source of info these days it seems, so who knows?;)

So it turns out it was a little from column A and a little from column B. He was doing TV stuff for Golf Digest by giving golf lessons to celebrities on camera. Those celebrities on Tuesday were Brees and Justin Herbert (San Diego's rookie QB).

www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/golf/news/tiger-woods-was-reportedly-on-way-to-meet-drew-brees-justin-herbert-when-he-crashed-car/1s68e3ln7g7bo1t3q6502jzs63

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
This is the OT thread and no one here knows me so idk why I feel comfortable sharing this but f*** it. I'm miserable as f***

I got laid off from work 2 weeks ago, I'm losing my gym gains, I can't see friends or family due to restrictions, my GF of almost a year just broke up with me 2 days ago and I'm going through an emotional roller coaster. I can't do any of the things that would help keep my mind off shit like travel or going out or gym either. Even my Xbox is f***ing up and not working properly

Holy f*** I'm in a dark ass place man this is the worst I've felt in 6 years ever since my pops passed.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This is the OT thread and no one here knows me so idk why I feel comfortable sharing this but f*** it. I'm miserable as f***

I got laid off from work 2 weeks ago, I'm losing my gym gains, I can't see friends or family due to restrictions, my GF of almost a year just broke up with me 2 days ago and I'm going through an emotional roller coaster. I can't do any of the things that would help keep my mind off shit like travel or going out or gym either. Even my Xbox is f***ing up and not working properly

Holy f*** I'm in a dark ass place man this is the worst I've felt in 6 years ever since my pops passed.
I hear you, and trust me, you are not alone. But I think for the first time in a long while, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I would suggest try not to take in the negative attitudes of some of the government leaders, doctors, media that are fearmongers, and look at the positive things coming. The end of winter is nigh, days longer, some wonderful sunshine, vaccine rollouts getting ready for full steam ahead, numbers coming down, and loosening of restrictions on the way.. If this place can give you some positive energy, we are here for you.:thumbu:

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

Hey man, you ever need to chat just PM. I’m involved in a bunch of mental health initiatives at work and have resources if anyone needs.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Not sure how many golfers we have on here... but looking to come to the city to get fitted for a driver. Obviously golftown is a spot in eyeing but I’m looking to see if there is any more local smaller businesses that have a good selection and probably better service.. thanks!

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Not sure how many golfers we have on here... but looking to come to the city to get fitted for a driver. Obviously golftown is a spot in eyeing but I’m looking to see if there is any more local smaller businesses that have a good selection and probably better service.. thanks!
DeBoers for sure. Local smaller business and they do awesome work. 10/10 would recommend. I got my driver and irons fit there. Awesome guys and they really care about getting you into the right sticks.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
DeBoers for sure. Local smaller business and they do awesome work. 10/10 would recommend. I got my driver and irons fit there. Awesome guys and they really care about getting you into the right sticks.

Yeah I got my clubs fitted at DeBoers. They do good work and they'll take their time with you and usually offer good advice.

Reactions: TB12

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Deboers as well. Smaller outfit that take the time to help you out. You can walk around Golftown for 20 minutes before anyone even acknowledges you.

Reactions: Smartguy

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
If the world ever smartens the eff up, we should have an HF boards scramble in Edmonton one day. I’d make the four and a half hour drive for that.

also, @EchoesoftheEighties , I know it’s hard to fathom right now, but keep your chin up. Been through some of that stuff you mentioned before, and it’s not easy. As someone who has spent a fair bit of time in that dark zone you talked about, it’s okay to seek out some professional help. And if you ever feel the need to vent, you’re more than welcome to send me a PM.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Talking about it definitely helps. It's just shitty to deal with

Just echoing what others have already said. If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me. I always find bravery in those that reach out to others when things are going badly for them. We have all had times when we are at an extremely low point in life and need a helping hand.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I appreciate it guys. She honestly broke my heart and dropped me when I needed her support the most so that just compounded everything. I'll be totally fine and then randomly have a breakdown

f*** me this sucks

That just shows that she wasn't the right one for you my friend. Everyone deserves a partner that will stay with them and pick them up when they are down. That woman is out there for you, it just wasn't this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad