OT: OT Thread Part 7: Where the Only Off Off Topic is Politics (Well Not Literally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
This is the OT thread and no one here knows me so idk why I feel comfortable sharing this but f*** it. I'm miserable as f***

I got laid off from work 2 weeks ago, I'm losing my gym gains, I can't see friends or family due to restrictions, my GF of almost a year just broke up with me 2 days ago and I'm going through an emotional roller coaster. I can't do any of the things that would help keep my mind off shit like travel or going out or gym either. Even my Xbox is f***ing up and not working properly

Holy f*** I'm in a dark ass place man this is the worst I've felt in 6 years ever since my pops passed.

Hang in there. We all know too well that when it rains, it pours. Everything may be hitting at once and things feel a bit overwhelming, but don't let it make you feel defeated. Everyone who goes through these valleys (or sometimes canyons) always bounce back and are stronger and better off in the long run for it.

And screw the bitch for ditching you when you've hit a time of need. (Saying this respect that I have no idea who you or she is and no idea what your relationship has been like in your time together). If she's ditching you now, she's probably not deserving of what you bring to the table, and you'll be able to apply the lessons of red flags from her and find yourself a gal on the future who's much more deserving and much more supportive.

As Red Green always said, keep your stick on the ice, we're all in this together.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
This is the OT thread and no one here knows me so idk why I feel comfortable sharing this but f*** it. I'm miserable as f***

I got laid off from work 2 weeks ago, I'm losing my gym gains, I can't see friends or family due to restrictions, my GF of almost a year just broke up with me 2 days ago and I'm going through an emotional roller coaster. I can't do any of the things that would help keep my mind off shit like travel or going out or gym either. Even my Xbox is f***ing up and not working properly

Holy f*** I'm in a dark ass place man this is the worst I've felt in 6 years ever since my pops passed.

I know you got laid off and money might be tight, but a few years back I had to live in a really tiny space and didn't have access to a gym. I had been lifting for most of my life, to the point where if I don't get in three days a week or so it really messes me up. So I bit the bullet and bought a powerblock set and a cheap bench. (Started with the 50lbs set, then bought add-ons to 90lbs. About $500 all in.) It turned out to be one of the best purchases I've ever made. I used them all the time, and of course, with quarantine, they're paying off again. I use them almost every day. You won't get gym gains--there is no replacement for cables, I find--but they do the trick.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

I know you got laid off and money might be tight, but a few years back I had to live in a really tiny space and didn't have access to a gym. I had been lifting for most of my life, to the point where if I don't get in three days a week or so it really messes me up. So I bit the bullet and bought a powerblock set and a cheap bench. (Started with the 50lbs set, then bought add-ons to 90lbs. About $500 all in.) It turned out to be one of the best purchases I've ever made. I used them all the time, and of course, with quarantine, they're paying off again. I use them almost every day. You won't get gym gains--there is no replacement for cables, I find--but they do the trick.
If you don't have access to a gym and don't want to spend money on equipment, you can also go a really long way with bodyweight workouts at home. It may seem like a big step down from lifting at the gym, but there are some hard progressions for pretty much every muscle group. You might be surprised.

If you want, I can PM/post a sample routine. https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/ is also a pretty great resource for this kind of thing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Since I didn't drown that day, tried scuba diving the next day to test my luck. Woman in our group knocked the regulator out of my mouth (why she was flailing her arms so much, who the hell knows), while we where about 35ft underwater, fun way to experience my first time scuba diving :laugh:

:amazed:

If I had time I’d write the entire story about my first time sky diving. It’s a long story but in brief, a massive fast moving t-storm hit about 3-4 minutes after I jumped and with the fierce wind I landed about a kilometre away from the drop zone target and I was dragged clear across a farmers field as the wind was too powerful for me to collapse the chute. Thankfully the parachute got tied up in a barbed wire fence or I’d still be going.

My buddy was right behind me. He landed 11 miles away.

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
:amazed:

If I had time I’d write about my first time sky diving. It’s a long story but in brief, a massive fast moving t-storm hit about 3-4 minutes after I jumped and with the fierce wind I landed about a kilometre away from the drop zone target and I was dragged clear across a farmers field as the wind was too powerful for me to collapse the chute. Thankfully the parachute got tied up in a barbed wire fence.

My buddy was right behind me. He landed 11 miles away.

There was actually a second time after that experience? ;)

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad