OT: OT Thread Part 7: Where the Only Off Off Topic is Politics (Well Not Literally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
@oilers'72
How is the health these days?

I'm still kind of worn out at times. The past couple of days were bad because of the heat. I was scaping by on food for a while because of moving and bills. Got a backpay of $1012 this month from CPP Disability, so I should be ahead for a long while.

I was just thinking about how weak my legs are these days. It was only 3 years ago, when I was working at a temp job. I was pretty much sent to the Coronation dump and to collect loose plastic bags and stuff. There's a berm around the pit and one had to climb up a moderate incline. My legs never got tired and I climb and walk down with little problem, all due to the steepness. Had to quit because my feet were bigger than the work boots. Today, I can barely make it up one flight of stairs.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I have determined that all UFOs must be piloted by Sasquatches. Both the Sasquatch and the UFOs are blurry and cannot be actually filmed in such a way they you can ever actually see anything substantial. Checkmate!

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I'm still kind of worn out at times. The past couple of days were bad because of the heat. I was scaping by on food for a while because of moving and bills. Got a backpay of $1012 this month from CPP Disability, so I should be ahead for a long while.

I was just thinking about how weak my legs are these days. It was only 3 years ago, when I was working at a temp job. I was pretty much sent to the Coronation dump and to collect loose plastic bags and stuff. There's a berm around the pit and one had to climb up a moderate incline. My legs never got tired and I climb and walk down with little problem, all due to the steepness. Had to quit because my feet were bigger than the work boots. Today, I can barely make it up one flight of stairs.
Best wishes my guy. I loved when you'd update the Euro football thread and some of the discussion in there. Hope you make it out of this ok

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Learned our lesson a few years ago to avoid the Instagram type of hikes like Grassi Lakes. I’ll be polite and say it’s not the usual hiking crowd you see there. An absolute shitshow. Prefer the hikes that are off the beaten path. Much more enjoyable and just as beautiful.

I remember when Canmore was small and there would be maybe half a dozen people on the Grassi Lakes hike. Been awhile I guess.

Years past I would go there and wonder why more people didn't go. Looks like its been found. heh. I don't have instagram so I don't always know which places have specious photo fame.

Pisses me off though that Moraine lake rockpile is one. That instagram appeal wrecks the whole access for people there to get on the many other hikes in the reason. Sentinel pass, Eiffel Lakes/Wenkchemna pass. Those are nice hikes. But hard to do now because of all the people hoarding into area starting at 5am just to get on top of the rockpile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad