OT: OT Thread Part 7: Where the Only Off Off Topic is Politics (Well Not Literally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I am not sure what's more impressive, that they had 39 people in that Jeep or that you took the time to count them all!

I'm surprised they could ram that many kids in there and they were all able to walk out of there. What does the inside of that jeep look like? Do they have carefully placed seating beams for the kids to sit on, or is it just open and they tell them to squeeze in and make sure not to suffocate each other? Either way doesn't seem safe but it is impressive. It's hard enough to get two kids to double up in the back seat with a seatbelt, I guess the solution is just ditch the seatbelts and transport the children like bulk cargo.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Tiger Woods involved in serious car accident - TSN.ca

Single vehicle single occupant rollover just after 7am. I wonder if there was an animal on the road, or maybe he was distracted by something...maybe both?

tenor.gif

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hopefully it's not too serious and he can return to play in the not too distant future. He was already recovering from back surgery though so another serious trauma like this could have really serious ramifications for his career depending on the severity.
Sounds like he's in surgery right now. Not sure his career in the PGA tour is going to go on much longer if that's the case.

Reactions: oilers'72

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Sounds like he's in surgery right now. Not sure his career in the PGA tour is going to go on much longer if that's the case.

Guess it depends on what the surgery in his leg is for and what the rehab looks like. Is it surgery for broken bones, or for damage to major blood vessels? If there's a lot of scarring affecting the fascia and that transfers up into the pelvis it could definitely mess up his golf swing. Getting healthy will be the number 1 priority though, then he can focus on golf.

Guy finally wins again on the PGA tour at the end of 2018 at the Tour Championship, wins the 2019 Masters to get within 3 of Nicklaus for major wins, wins the Zozo Championship to tie Sam Snead for most PGA wins at 82, then Covid happens and more back issues leading to only 7 2020 events and another back surgery at the beginning of the year but he was hoping to be back for the Masters coming up where he finished 38th this past fall (in its Covid delayed placement on the schedule). Would be a pretty shitty way to go out.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Tiger isn't a spring chicken anymore, and with numerous back surgeries, etc, his career may well be over. He had one of those last gasp miracles happen at the Masters a couple years ago, but even without this happening, that was likely his swan song. Could turn out to be one of the finest recreational golfers from here on in. And that's if he can stand the pain.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
They really got to do something about intentional fouling in the NBA.

I turned the channel about 7 minutes ago, there were 30 seconds left in the Raptors game. Now there are 10 seconds. The last minute of any "close" NBA game takes as long as the whole friggin' quarter it feels like.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Someone said earlier he was going golfing with some pro football players (Drew Brees was one) and was going pretty quick. I'm guessing he was on his phone texting, drifted over, hit the concrete median and away he went. That or his vehicle suffered some sort of mechanical failure but I'm thinking distracted driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->