OT: OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIX - Back to Lounging Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I've seen the movie...it didn't end well.

This was one of those things I just had to check the validity on. My bullshit meter was flashing yellow lol. Its legit!

Not a bad idea to try and figure something like this out for when it's really needed. When i was a kid the remote to my remote control car was still connected to the car by a wire. And I'm only 46. Crazy how fast things progress in general. A bit scary too. Blows my mind!

Last edited:
Reactions: MIGs Dog

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I remember when I was in middle school, or maybe high school, I can't remember what age I was exactly, but my dad has been a baseball umpire for as long as I can remember. He asked me if I wanted to umpire the bases and he would do home plate for a younger kids game. Luckily one of the coaches was an old high school player that we all knew, but there was a pop fly to shallow left field, and since I was the only base umpire(in my first ever game), I didn't have the right position. I couldn't exactly see if the kid caught it or not, and he made a dive backwards. I called it a no catch. Maybe I drowned it out, but the coach that we knew just asked the kid if he caught it, and he didn't really give a straight answer. The parents didn't really say much of anything as far as I remember. This was late 90's early 00's. I've seen videos now that parents are going crazy and taking it way too seriously. I'm sorry, but a lot of these people are taking time out of their day to help referee/officiate/umpire their kids games. If the parents think they can do so much better, why don't they get out there and do it? People are going to make mistakes, especially these people that don't have the experience. Just sit back and enjoy the game. If your kid gets knocked down by an illegal hit, or something of that nature, by all means be upset, but don't be yelling at the ref because they made a call that you disagree with.
I helped a friend ump a little league game once around the same time frame of yours. That was enough for me. I thought my friend was going to get into a fight with one of the coaches that kept arguing calls. I had to make a close call at second running over from first. Looked like he missed the tag so I called him safe. Omg everyone flipped out. I just started laughing and told my friend, "you know I'm never doing this again right"? One of the coaches came over and said the runner even said he was tagged. I asked him if he wanted to take over so I could leave. That ended that discussion. Volunteer for that? Hell no.

Reactions: awfulwaffle

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Just bought 5 tickets to the Coyotes @ Lightning game on 10/28.

Also I don't want to steal rt's thunder, but I've been sick and out of work for over two months now. Started with an ear infection and has not gotten better. The infection is gone but the fluid buildup in my ears and sinuses isn't draining. I've barely been able to walk and balance the whole time. I tried walking to the end of the block today and fell down halfway there. Now I'm safely back home. :(

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Also I don't want to steal rt's thunder, but I've been sick and out of work for over two months now. Started with an ear infection and has not gotten better. The infection is gone but the fluid buildup in my ears and sinuses isn't draining. I've barely been able to walk and balance the whole time. I tried walking to the end of the block today and fell down halfway there. Now I'm safely back home. :(

Ugh that sounds horrible, any idea what it is and how to treat it? Sending positivity your way.

Reactions: Summer Rose

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018

I have vertigo. It's only when I look up. It's been with me since being stationed in Japan a few decades ago.

I wish you luck and hopefully heal quickly.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ

Sending you all good thoughts and well wishes - get better soon

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Also umpired as a kid. Once you get up the courage to start tossing coaches it's much more fun. Nothing better than to see some overweight dad lose his shit and then have to do the walk of shame off the diamond after being ejected by a 14 year old.

Reminds me of my several years I spent officiating hockey in Arizona. I think my favorite incidents were when I got to tell Tyson Nash to shut up, got to tell off Derek Morris, and one time I had to call something like 70+ PIM on one player in the same game.

Just because I'm trying to remember, I'll try and make a list of what I called on that guy:
-Butt ending (major plus game misconduct, 15 PIM total)
-Fighting (major plus game misconduct, 15 more PIM)
-Second game misconduct in one game (an additional game misconduct, 10 more PIM)
-Unsportsmanlike conduct (2 PIM)
-Assaulting an official (match penalty, 10 PIM)
-Returning to the playing area after having been ejected (match penalty, 10 PIM)

Probably a few more I missed, but boy was that a hilarious incident :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Feel better! Hope you’re getting better! I’ll ask Jobo to watch over you!

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
My mom said she got this pick from a friend walking the golf course today. That sure is a healthy looking pack.

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Got sent back to the ER today by my home health nurse. Being admitted back into the hospital. Most of the scary stuff has been ruled out with tests. I just need more help with pain management and occupational therapy.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Got sent back to the ER today by my home health nurse. Being admitted back into the hospital. Most of the scary stuff has been ruled out with tests. I just need more help with pain management and occupational therapy.

Well that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Anyone ever leave their freezer open overnight? I went shopping yesterday and apparently at night I didn't close it all the way. It was left open a little tiny bit, woke up to melting ice, frost in the freezer, and my fridge was up near 55 degrees. I scraped off all the ice, and unplugged the thing and unplugged it in. Freezer seems to be back to normal, but the fridge is only about 50 degrees. Should the fridge eventually get back to normal too?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Anyone ever leave their freezer open overnight? I went shopping yesterday and apparently at night I didn't close it all the way. It was left open a little tiny bit, woke up to melting ice, frost in the freezer, and my fridge was up near 55 degrees. I scraped off all the ice, and unplugged the thing and unplugged it in. Freezer seems to be back to normal, but the fridge is only about 50 degrees. Should the fridge eventually get back to normal too?

I’ve done it before. It’ll take a bit, but definitely don’t worry about your food in the fridge. It’ll be fine. Any frozen raw meat may have partially defrosted and should now be used sooner rather than later though. Any non-raw frozen foods will be fine though, and any frozen vegetables too (might lose a little flavor but frozen vegetables aren’t very flavorful anyway in my opinion).

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Sorry to hear that. :(

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
And now I’ve tested positive for covid. So isolation for me. I was fully vaccinated in April and had covid with covid pneumonia back in July. Now I’m positive again.

Reactions: ck26

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
And now I’ve tested positive for covid. So isolation for me. I was fully vaccinated in April and had covid with covid pneumonia back in July. Now I’m positive again.
OMG. I'm so sorry.

I don't understand Covid. It doesn't make sense to my little brain How can you get it again after already having it and vaccinated. Geez.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Dang man. I’m so sorry brother! How’s the family holding up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad