OT: OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIX - Back to Lounging Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Has anyone else here been incarcerated?

The feeling after getting out is odd.

You feel like no one is watching you...

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
My buddy and I were in a holding cell with 20 other dudes. A little white guy started trying to act hard, it seemed silly at the time.

A big black guy walks up to me and my buddy and stares at us. He stops, turns and yells, "These Racial Slurs are trippin." We said, yep.

We were very effed up.

No one messed with us after that.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
MindlessBackAfricanharrierhawk-max-1mb.gif

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I’ve seen more kids with COVID pneumonia in a week than I saw in the past two years. I’m getting burned out and early retirement is starting to look really good.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’ve seen more kids with COVID pneumonia in a week than I saw in the past two years. I’m getting burned out and early retirement is starting to look really good.
Thats crazy. My six year old was sick for maybe 18 hours. My three year old had no symptoms. I didn’t know kids could get so sick from it.

Myself, I feel totally recovered in my lungs. My only major complaint is a headache every single day for the last few weeks straight. I was prescribed a caffeine spiked barbiturate which helps the headache but is an absolute rollercoaster of energy. Haha. I tend to think if I drank Red Bull vodkas all day, it’d be similar. Haha.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Is the Delta variant more dangerous to kids? I saw a news story about children's hospitals filling up, but no explanation as to why. Up to this point, we've been told it's rare for kids to have severe symptoms...has something changed?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm not sure I can take this heat anymore.
Just a few months to go! Heat is bothering me more now than in previous years. Part of getting old, I guess. Spent the last 2 weeks of July in Michigan. Hottest temp during the run was 86. A few humid days but largely a non-issue and the breeze coming off Lake Michigan helped regulate. It was beautiful.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Is the Delta variant more dangerous to kids? I saw a news story about children's hospitals filling up, but no explanation as to why. Up to this point, we've been told it's rare for kids to have severe symptoms...has something changed?
I'm not certain. I've seen some of the professional articles and some of the media stuff. It is not definitive, at least not yet. I can't make a sweeping generalization based upon my own experience, as it is classic anecdotal evidence.

Perhaps the rise in pediatric cases and pediatric hospital admissions is due to the very high infectious rate of delta rather than it being more severe. Time will tell.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Thats crazy. My six year old was sick for maybe 18 hours. My three year old had no symptoms. I didn’t know kids could get so sick from it.

Myself, I feel totally recovered in my lungs. My only major complaint is a headache every single day for the last few weeks straight. I was prescribed a caffeine spiked barbiturate which helps the headache but is an absolute rollercoaster of energy. Haha. I tend to think if I drank Red Bull vodkas all day, it’d be similar. Haha.
Very happy that you feel better! Hopefully the headaches will pass and you won't be touched by Long Covid.

Reactions: rt

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Very happy that you feel better! Hopefully the headaches will pass and you won't be touched by Long Covid.

What exactly is Long COVID? I had the headaches for about a month after getting it. They still occur here and there, but aren't as distinctive as the ones that were clearly from COVID so it may have more to do with work/heat stuff. I have days where I'm exhausted by 4pm. Again maybe due to work/heat but I didn't experience either issue as frequently as I do since getting COVID.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
What exactly is Long COVID? I had the headaches for about a month after getting it. They still occur here and there, but aren't as distinctive as the ones that were clearly from COVID so it may have more to do with work/heat stuff. I have days where I'm exhausted by 4pm. Again maybe due to work/heat but I didn't experience either issue as frequently as I do since getting COVID.

“Long” refers to those who still have acute symptoms for several months after the initial infection.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Delta Airlines currently has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Impossible to reach via phone or chat.

edit: finally got a response on chat. Only took 40 minutes. Yesterday the system timed out before anyone replied.

edit #2: First agent couldn't solve my issue. Put on hold for 20 more minutes waiting for 2nd agent. (I think each agent is servicing multiple customers simultaneously; huge wait times between chat response)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad