OT: OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIX - Back to Lounging Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
NYPD Pizza will not pick up their phone. Keeps looping through a recording about how great they are to a "please wait while I transfer you to that extension" and crappy Top 40 music. Hockey is on so I have no other recourse but to...order Papa John's.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Reactions: Sinurgy and RemoAZ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Cool concept. Only location "near" me is a Mexican pizza joint. On a normal night I would walk on down to Ziggy's but tonight I am compromised. Hopefully Slice gets more traction locally. There is a dude on the site selling pizza in a Slayer shirt. I am sold.
You can order delivery from a lot of the places and they send it through Uber Eats or that other delivery service. Can't remember but I've used delivery before.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
You can order delivery from a lot of the places and they send it through Uber Eats or that other delivery service. Can't remember but I've used delivery before.
Will explore in greater detail. They were recommending Pomo even though not part of their services. Papa John's was a mistake. They delivered the wrong pizza and I have called 7 times. They are forcing me into a "previous order" or "speak to a manager" prompt which rings until a "this person cannot be reached" message hits. When I select the option to order they say they are transferring me to the front desk and the line drops. All of this to avoid missing hockey when I have to miss it anyways because I have to go there and force the issue.

Reactions: RemoAZ

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
It’s a dumb Twitter trend. The red flags indicate it’s a red flag when someone says “yada yada”. So basically, just type the sentence you find most annoying, then use the rest of the character limit for red flag emojis. It’s been going on for a couple of weeks and now corporations and stuff are doing it. So it’ll be dead by the weekend.

Also, I don’t think the Coyotes even did it right. I think you’re supposed to be extra annoying and use the limit of red flags.
Red flag by SNL

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Will explore in greater detail. They were recommending Pomo even though not part of their services. Papa John's was a mistake. They delivered the wrong pizza and I have called 7 times. They are forcing me into a "previous order" or "speak to a manager" prompt which rings until a "this person cannot be reached" message hits. When I select the option to order they say they are transferring me to the front desk and the line drops. All of this to avoid missing hockey when I have to miss it anyways because I have to go there and force the issue.

Papa John’s has gone to crap. Last order took an hour and a half to arrive. One before that they put zero sauce on the pizza.

Shaq needs to get off his ass.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Papa John’s has gone to crap. Last order took an hour and a half to arrive. One before that they put zero sauce on the pizza.

I was not even mad the order was wrong. Shit happens. Had it not been for the pineapple I would have taken in stride. The fact that the "new order" line would not just take care of the problem and kept transferring to dead lines really pissed me off. More so when I go to the store and they are all in the same spot. All they had to do was turn around and tell them to get a pie in the oven and back on the road.

I will give the manager credit for getting on it in person and upgrading to large and tossing in a 2 liter for my trouble but, damn, they have to work on basics. This was not rocket science. I should not have been forced to miss part of the game to fix what they messed up.

You would think there would be more effort in the customer service realm to make up for the mediocre at best pizza. They made it very easy for me to never order from them again.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Always has been crap. I tried it once, about 10 years ago, and that was it. The worst. How the hell are they still in business?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sal’s Gilbert Pizza is my favorite in the East Valley. They even have grandma pizza which is a rarity in these parts (and they do it right!) and a blessing to a guy like me who’s grandma was from New York and who’s parents are from New Jersey. Also, and I know it’s silly, but they somehow manage to make an amazing antipasto salad and their homemade balsamic dressing on it is fantastic.

But if I’m not nearby or just looking for a delivery pizza, I’m with @Bondurant - NYPD Pizza is my favorite “delivery style” pizza place around. The one by me is in the San Tan Mall area, though. So sometimes they’re just too busy. In which case I usually get Venezia’s delivered. Tends to be a little faster, and is definitely a little cheaper.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
But if I’m not nearby or just looking for a delivery pizza, I’m with @Bondurant - NYPD Pizza is my favorite “delivery style” pizza place around. The one by me is in the San Tan Mall area, though. So sometimes they’re just too busy. In which case I usually get Venezia’s delivered. Tends to be a little faster, and is definitely a little cheaper.
Venezia's was my go to when I first moved out here and lived in Tempe. Wish there was a downtown Phoenix location. Love the sliced Italian sausage instead of the "pinched" style most places use.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Most of the small pizza places around (certainly not all but a f***ing lot of them) buy all their ingredients from the same place so they all taste kinda samey. I'd rather eat mod pizza or Oregano's most of the time.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Most of the small pizza places around (certainly not all but a f***ing lot of them) buy all their ingredients from the same place so they all taste kinda samey. I'd rather eat mod pizza or Oregano's most of the time.
Never tried MOD. Is that like Fired Pie? I tried that and wasn't too impressed.

Grimaldi's is probably my favorite pie. Problem is sometimes I want pizza and wings and they don't have wings. We need more brick oven/coal fired options. Like you said, too many taste the same. My gotos for basic NY style and wings are Bruno's on 67th and Olive or Don's on 99th and Camelback.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Pure cheap pizza, Hungry Howies w/ Garlic Herb crust is hard to beat.
99th and Camelback.

Sounds like you're more on the Glendale side but if you want to venture to the hinterlands of the Arrowhead area :sarcasm: check out Fabio on Fire and Bottega. More on the Grimaldi's style side of the spectrum than the NY style.

Or for a change up, "The Rec" is Detroit style pizza and very reasonably priced.

Never tried MOD. Is that like Fired Pie? I tried that and wasn't too impressed.

It's the same style place but I think Mod tastes better.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Now this is my kind of off-topic topic

Local King's:
Nello's
Red Devil
Venezia's
Oregano's

Honorable mention
Zeke's

National Chains
Rossati's
Grimaldi's
Domino's

Then for fancy pies
Old County Inn (can't say enough about it)
Bianco
Classic Italian (now Sacred Pi)
North

I need to branch out more. My parents said there is a great place that is newish in Mesa called Bella Gusto. And I've heard a lot of people raving about the Detroit pizza place that just came into town Jets.

If you want to get out of town Old County Inn in Pine was amazing. Great atmosphere and bar as well. Can't recommend the place enough and I'm willing to make the drive for it over the wait at Bianco.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Now this is my kind of off-topic topic

Local King's:
Nello's
Red Devil
Venezia's
Oregano's

Honorable mention
Zeke's

National Chains
Rossati's
Grimaldi's
Domino's

Then for fancy pies
Old County Inn (can't say enough about it)
Bianco
Classic Italian (now Sacred Pi)
North

I need to branch out more. My parents said there is a great place that is newish in Mesa called Bella Gusto. And I've heard a lot of people raving about the Detroit pizza place that just came into town Jets.

If you want to get out of town Old County Inn in Pine was amazing. Great atmosphere and bar as well. Can't recommend the place enough and I'm willing to make the drive for it over the wait at Bianco.
I love Nello’s. The Mesa location is Across the street from the neighborhood I grew up in. I worked there as a cook, seasonally, a few different times when I was young.

Reactions: Grimes

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I need to branch out more. And I've heard a lot of people raving about the Detroit pizza place that just came into town Jets.

Do you not like Barro's? If I need a big doughy pepperoni pizza, they are the place to go.

And Jets is excellent, wish they'd have more locations out here.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Pure cheap pizza, Hungry Howies w/ Garlic Herb crust is hard to beat.

Sounds like you're more on the Glendale side but if you want to venture to the hinterlands of the Arrowhead area :sarcasm: check out Fabio on Fire and Bottega. More on the Grimaldi's style side of the spectrum than the NY style.

Or for a change up, "The Rec" is Detroit style pizza and very reasonably priced.

It's the same style place but I think Mod tastes better.
Yeah if I'm going fast chain pizza, it's Hungry Howie's. Domino's is horrible and Pizza Hut/Pappa John's are only good to fill the hungry spot at a work function where that's the only thing to eat. Can't stand Barros. Way too much dough.

Fabio and Bottega both look like Neapolitan in the pics online. That's why I've never gone there. Arrowhead is like 10-15 min from me but I do usually just get take out. I've been meaning to try the Rec. Need to be in the mood for Detroit style though. Pullanos is decent for Pizza and wings a little farther north.

Damn. Now I need some pizza.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Do you not like Barro's? If I need a big doughy pepperoni pizza, they are the place to go.

And Jets is excellent, wish they'd have more locations out here.

Yeah hoping for a Jets to open in Tempe.

Barros would probably land in the honorable mentions. Used to eat it a ton in high school, but the GF isn't crazy about it so I only get to have slices there occasionally. Love it when it gets a little cripsy and fluffy, not crazy about it when it is overly greasy. Sauce and pepperoni is top notch though.

I'm a big fan of tavern/thin style pies and Domino's has an alright one, hints why it's the only big chain I listed.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
For the snobs (Neapolitan is obviously my preference)

1) La Grande Orange (Arcadia)
2) Lamp Pizzeria (N. Scottsdale)
3) La Piazza Al Forno (Glendale)
4) Forno 301 (Central PHX)
5) Federal Pizza (Central PHX)

Runners-up
Pizzeria Bianco, Base, Cibo and North.

Gilbert has a place called Fire and Brimstone that apparently is pretty amazing but I haven't been to yet. They source their ingredients from a local community farm which is cool.
My diet is strict and I only allow myself to indulge once a month. Sometimes twice ;)

If I'm feeling like a greasy slob and in the mood for chain pizza I go straight to Lou Malnatti's.

Reactions: Grimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad