OT: OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIX - Back to Lounging Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Ouch.

Attachments

• 546200B4-B0E3-4291-A87C-9117C47097FD.jpeg
    546200B4-B0E3-4291-A87C-9117C47097FD.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 22

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
And I already have an insulin pump. So partially bionic already. Haha. I’ll be a full blown cyborg. TSA won’t know what they’re dealing with. Lol.
Sorry to hear about the injury, my friend. Here’s to a speedy recovery!

What kind of pump do you use? Type 1 diabetic since age 11, have been using the Omnipod and Dexcom since I retired from baseball 5 years ago. Medical technology is sweet:yo:

rt

May 13, 2004
Sorry to hear about the injury, my friend. Here’s to a speedy recovery!

What kind of pump do you use? Type 1 diabetic since age 11, have been using the Omnipod and Dexcom since I retired from baseball 5 years ago. Medical technology is sweet:yo:
I have a 12 year old minimed from Medtronic. It’s so old and clunky. My insurance won’t cover any pumps or any pump supplies. So I’ve just be rolling with the OG all these years. I was diagnosed at age 23 - so I’m a late bloomer.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
@rt how the hell did you do that? Get run over by an elephant? Sex on a trampoline? Jesus, you will need pins. Wishing you the best, my friend.

Reactions: rt

rt

May 13, 2004
@rt how the hell did you do that? Get run over by an elephant? Sex on a trampoline? Jesus, you will need pins. Wishing you the best, my friend.
Yep. Pins are coming. Surgery at 12:30 this afternoon. I was ice skating with my four year old. He’s not a strong skater so I had him between my legs, holding him up by his armpits. His skates got tangled in mine, and rather than pancake my baby, i dove to the side onto my hip. My femur snapped. Could feel/hear it like a dang chicken wing. It was unpleasant. Lol. More than the pain, though, my phobia of anesthesia has got me laying awake despite the morphine, norco, and Toradol. Haha.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Went to a haunted house Saturday night. Superstition Mall parking lot. Sanctuary of Horor or something like that.

It was $24 per person, but there are 2 houses...if you dare. I got my tickets free on a veterans website :)

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Yep. Pins are coming. Surgery at 12:30 this afternoon. I was ice skating with my four year old. He’s not a strong skater so I had him between my legs, holding him up by his armpits. His skates got tangled in mine, and rather than pancake my baby, i dove to the side onto my hip. My femur snapped. Could feel/hear it like a dang chicken wing. It was unpleasant. Lol. More than the pain, though, my phobia of anesthesia has got me laying awake despite the morphine, norco, and Toradol. Haha.

Man, the X-ray looks awful. Hope you emerge from this okay.

In a related incident, didn't Doan get injured in an attempt not to injure a vulnerable goalie during the 2010 playoffs?

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
More than the pain, though, my phobia of anesthesia has got me laying awake despite the morphine, norco, and Toradol. Haha.
I had anesthesia for a hernia repair about 15 years ago. It was a strange experience. They administered it and told me to count down from 10. I got to seven and instantly woke up from my hour surgery. It was like being dead. Time didn't exist. Hope your surgery went well and you have a decent recovery.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I had anesthesia for a hernia repair about 15 years ago. It was a strange experience. They administered it and told me to count down from 10. I got to seven and instantly woke up from my hour surgery. It was like being dead. Time didn't exist. Hope your surgery went well and you have a decent recovery.

That's how my experiences have been. I think I've been under 6 times, all have happened this way. I'm assuming thats the intended functionality. What rt is describing sounds horrifying.

Reactions: rt and Jagged Ice

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
This sounds horrible. Hoping the procedure goes well and you have a speedy recovery

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Between the Long COVID and the fracture, I think someone needs to paint a red cross on the guy's roof!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Ay, caramba...I will say, 20 years of beer league hockey, and I've only seen 2 injuries that approach yours. And we sometimes have people trying to hurt us intentionally.

More Cooley

We walk together forever
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2015
@rt take care man, jeez. Horrible. Hope you'll be okay. You did the right thing for your kid tho!

I got stung by a wasp just above the eye this summer, that's the worst thing happened to me in a long time, but compared to this I shouldnt complain :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad