OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I only use Twitter for news/updates - it's entirely replaced clicking through different websites to stay up-to-date on things.

I'll follow around 15-20 accounts and that keeps me set for world news, local news, general sports, specific sports, and then a few other interests that I have. Gives me the information I need, then if I want to dig deeper I can click through articles.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I think it has less to do with age and more to do with communication style. I still struggle with Twitter, for example, because it is just not the way that I like to communicate with people. I struggle with brevity and tend to overthink what I want to say. Hell, I edit my posts on here 12-13 times sometimes and will edit them to correct even the most minor grammatical errors. It is just the way that I like to think about and compose my thoughts carefully, which is sort of the opposite of what Twitter represents. SnapChat I never tried but I imagine it would unappeal to me in much the same way.

I am the exact opposite I don't edit any thing on here and it probably shows. Especially when I type on mobile.

I use to use Twitter all the time for a source of up to date information, but it has kind of dropped off.

I loved Snapchat but it is becoming less and less popular, still on instagram, but sometimes that feels like work.

Facebook use to be great, but is becoming more and more about sharing things I just don't care about.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Facebook is a dog and pony show now. I call it the high school reunion with people you were glad to not see anymore post Highschool graduation. I do Instsagram mostly now.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Facebook is a dog and pony show now. I call it the high school reunion with people you were glad to not see anymore post Highschool graduation. I do Instsagram mostly now.

This is fair my Facebook has entirely too much going on (to many people and liking things)

This is why I’m mainly using Instagram as it’s very targeted I only follow people I see irl on a regular basis and then a couple on interests so it’s very targeted and more enjoyable.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I use Twitter primarily for sports news, although I also enjoy verviticus on there, Snapchat for friends and some HF members, and Facebook only for certain teams I’m on or else I’d probably delete it. For whatever reason I just can’t get into Instagram.

For reference I’m 23.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Holy shit I've been brutally sick the last week, had hay fever to start I think, was getting hives and allergic reactions to something in the air, then as that was going away I f***ing got sick and have had a brutal cough

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
don’t let jr’s stupidity overshadow the absolutely putrid officiating down the stretch absloutely disgusting the nba should be ashamed of the way they’ve officiated the past 3 warriors game f*** that team as if they need more help what a f***ing joke

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
i also got banned from the nba thread about this series despite having the most likes on my replies. what a joke, f*** the warriors

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
I may tune into a game... not sure. I hope the Warriors win. Don’t like to see guys who take steroids winning anything.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Guys Ive been not here much lately but tonight i am DRUNK

Ask anything of M2B :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad