OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Couldn’t quite get to 42 pierogies but I got to 39 before I pulled a 2011 Vancouver and ran out of gas. The 40th pierogie proved to be my Tim Thomas. Oh well. So unbelievably delicious nonetheless. Pierogies + sour cream + chives + bacon + ginger ale = Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi Jovanovaki-Ohlund.

I was craving these pierogies all week. Is it bad that I feel like I just got laid?

Reactions: clunk

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Couldn’t quite get to 42 pierogies but I got to 39 before I pulled a 2011 Vancouver and ran out of gas. The 40th pierogie proved to be my Tim Thomas. Oh well. So unbelievably delicious nonetheless. Pierogies + sour cream + chives + bacon + ginger ale = Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi Jovanovaki-Ohlund.

I was craving these pierogies all week. Is it bad that I feel like I just got laid?
No better food item.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
No better food item.

Can’t wait until I go again next month. Best $60 bucks I ever spent. I eat insanely healthy for 6 days a week and have one cheat day to reset my metabolic rate (Tim Ferris strategy). I literally woke up today feeling like it was Christmas, lol. Had eggs, pancakes w/whip cream, tea latte, and potatoes for breakfast, and blizzard around lunch time, and then the 39.5 pierogies for dinner.

The scary thing is that I’m not even that full. Could probably eat a whole pizza in like 3-4 hours if I really wanted to.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Can’t wait until I go again next month. Best $60 bucks I ever spent. I eat insanely healthy for 6 days a week and have one cheat day to reset my metabolic rate (Tim Ferris strategy). I literally woke up today feeling like it was Christmas, lol. Had eggs, pancakes w/whip cream, tea latte, and potatoes for breakfast, and blizzard around lunch time, and then the 39.5 pierogies for dinner.

The scary thing is that I’m not even that full. Could probably eat a whole pizza in like 3-4 hours if I really wanted to.

You hardly ever get full eating pierogies. Just so good with each bite. Cabbage rolls + Borscht along with them is even better.

Every person I make them for who has never had them raves about them afterwards. They're a bit of work but the pay off is so nice. Though, you can't go wrong with the frozen ones. Both are incredible.

Is there a pierogi place in Shanghai? That's pretty cool.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
You hardly ever get full eating pierogies. Just so good with each bite. Cabbage rolls + Borscht along with them is even better.

Every person I make them for who has never had them raves about them afterwards. They're a bit of work but the pay off is so nice. Though, you can't go wrong with the frozen ones. Both are incredible.

Is there a pierogi place in Shanghai? That's pretty cool.

Yeah man. They’ve apparently been open since 2016, but just started doing AdWords on google and bing to get noticed.

Subway is also quite cheap in Shanghai since it hasn’t quite caught on over here. Can get a 12 inch sandwich for 7 bucks and a 6 inch for the equivalent of 4 bucks.

Dairy Queen only serves ice-cream here. McDonald’s is just like Canada/America.

Taco Bell is an upper mid class fast food chain in Shanghai, hahaha. There’s only like 3-4 here and so Taco Bell is treated quite highly here.

Burger King and KFC are quite expensive over here.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah man. They’ve apparently been open since 2016, but just started doing AdWords on google and bing to get noticed.

Subway is also quite cheap in Shanghai since it hasn’t quite caught on over here. Can get a 12 inch sandwich for 7 bucks and a 6 inch for the equivalent of 4 bucks.

Dairy Queen only serves ice-cream here. McDonald’s is just like Canada/America.

Taco Bell is an upper mid class fast food chain in Shanghai, hahaha. There’s only like 3-4 here and so Taco Bell is treated quite highly here.

Burger King and KFC are quite expensive over here.
I was there in 2000 for 6 months..I don't recall any fast food places in the city back then.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I was there in 2000 for 6 months..I don't recall any fast food places in the city back then.

China, and more specifically Shanghai, has changed a LOT since 2006. I was even here back in 2009 for a 3 week Asian field study trip for my Masters program, and have noticed how much Shanghai has changed even since then.

If you get a chance, try and visit Shanghai again. It’s extremely modern and extremely western friendly. All of the modern malls and restaurants have English names along with their Chinese names. Often times when I’m here, it doesn’t even feel like it’s that different from home.

Last edited:

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

By the way - I actually did end up almost eating a full pizza last night. Got down to my final two slices before I tapped out. Had it with two cans of coke. Watched 2 Criminal Minds episodes on Netflix while doing this. There’s a pretty good chance that I consumed over 10,000 calories yesterday, haha.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
China, and more specifically, Shanghai, has changed a LOT since 2006. I was even here back in 2009 for a 3 week Asian field study trip for my Masters program, and have noticed how much Shanghai has changed even since then.

If you get a chance, try and visit Shanghai again. It’s extremely modern and extremely western friendly. All of the modern malls and restaurants have English names along with their Chinese names. Often times when I’m here, it doesn’t even feel like it’s that different from home.
When I was there there was still hundreds of peeps on bicycles,and very few privately owned cars..it was still a bit of a big,dark grimy city..and the air was dirty.

I had a heckuva time there,I partied my brains out at the old "Manhattan Bar". and Malones,and all these other clubs that seemed to be open 24/7...Great memories.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
When I was there there was still hundreds of peeps on bicycles,and very few privately owned cars..it was still a bit of a big,dark grimy city..and the air was dirty.

I had a heckuva time there,I partied my brains out at the old "Manhattan Bar". and Malones,and all these other clubs that seemed to be open 24/7...Great memories.

Manhattan Bar is still around! One of the easiest places in the world to get laid. Plenty of cougars in that bar. :cool:

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
NBA finals... *yawn*

I dunno man, other than Raptors games I am less and less interested in watching NBA in general.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Something about how CDC forum got shut down because it was just full of Trevor Linden burner accounts screaming at anyone who dare criticize the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad