OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Long offseason ahead of us here folks. just to proove to A2S I havent forgot HFVan as hes upset on a nother forum :laugh:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Says the guy actively crying over Devante Smith-Pelley not showing the appropriate respect for a leader of a different country that is actively working against his own.

Reactions: PM and y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Real1 has dropped 2 tracks on Youtube. "Phoenix" and "Bury Me A G"

Not bad. Phoenix has a great beat to it. Bury Me A G gets better the more times you listen to it.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Anyone know places to buy sell trade Hockey Cards or Basketball Cards? Seen some places that do it online, just don't know who to trust.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Anyone know places to buy sell trade Hockey Cards or Basketball Cards? Seen some places that do it online, just don't know who to trust.

eBay is your best bet, that's where I do most of my hockey card purchases (for individual cards).

Bossa does a monthly sports card show at Bonsor. Here's there website with schedule: Bonsor "Monthly" Sports Collectors Show | Bossa Productions

If you're looking to sell a bunch of cards I would recommend contacting them and getting a table there to display and sell. Otherwise if it's just a couple you can just bring them and speak to the dealers who have tables, some of them will buy.

Make sure you have a copy of the latest Beckett Hockey Card Monthly (I'm sure Basketball has the same thing). It's a good resource to see the value of your cards, but also do your research. Check what similar cards have gone for on eBay as that seems to be what a lot of dealers go by when talking deals.

I've been collecting hockey cards for 25 years so if you have any questions about certain cards feel free to DM me.

Reactions: racerjoe

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
eBay is your best bet, that's where I do most of my hockey card purchases (for individual cards).

Bossa does a monthly sports card show at Bonsor. Here's there website with schedule: Bonsor "Monthly" Sports Collectors Show | Bossa Productions

If you're looking to sell a bunch of cards I would recommend contacting them and getting a table there to display and sell. Otherwise if it's just a couple you can just bring them and speak to the dealers who have tables, some of them will buy.

Make sure you have a copy of the latest Beckett Hockey Card Monthly (I'm sure Basketball has the same thing). It's a good resource to see the value of your cards, but also do your research. Check what similar cards have gone for on eBay as that seems to be what a lot of dealers go by when talking deals.

I've been collecting hockey cards for 25 years so if you have any questions about certain cards feel free to DM me.

What would you recommend for someone that has a ton of cards and is just looking to sell them? Is there a place/person who would take collections and then sell them? Obviously with a cut of profits for their work.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
What would you recommend for someone that has a ton of cards and is just looking to sell them? Is there a place/person who would take collections and then sell them? Obviously with a cut of profits for their work.

If you're talking about not doing any work and just dropping off a box and asking someone to sell them, I'm not aware of who might do that. You might want to get in touch with one of the card shops around here as they might be able to help you with that.

Two that I would recommend that are out in Langley are Wisers Wide World of Collectibles, or Pastime Sports and Games.

The condition of the cards are very important. If you just have them in a box with no protection then they're likely not going to be worth much (if the corners are dinged, for example, you're not going to get much if anything). And most cards from the early-mid 90's were mass produced so those Bure rookie cards almost everyone has is worth maybe $10-20.

Cards from the 80's and earlier will have some value (especially if you're looking at rookie cards of star players), and in the 2000's to present (again, especially rookie cards). A Connor McDavid rookie card from The Cup has been going on eBay for $25,000+

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

In the early 1990's, I was at camp and a kid stole my Darryl Sydor rookie card.

I got revenge on the kid by putting his tooth brush in between my unwiped bum when I went to the bathroom.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
There are times I regret checking this thread out. This is one of those times.
Welcome to our hotel...where you can check-in but you can't check-out....

tumblr_o1p8nhetlL1r5ixiao1_540.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Anyone else having to constantly log back in after having checked the "remember me" box? This has been happening to me on some other sites too, and I was wondering if it had to do with strengthened European data protection laws, and how they apply to cookies... HF Support said to "renew my bookmark", but I'm not even using one.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Anyone else having to constantly log back in after having checked the "remember me" box? This has been happening to me on some other sites too, and I was wondering if it had to do with strengthened European data protection laws, and how they apply to cookies... HF Support said to "renew my bookmark", but I'm not even using one.
It was happening to me for a bit a couple of days ago but it's fine now. Maybe clear your cookies for this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad