OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Anyone else having to constantly log back in after having checked the "remember me" box? This has been happening to me on some other sites too, and I was wondering if it had to do with strengthened European data protection laws, and how they apply to cookies... HF Support said to "renew my bookmark", but I'm not even using one.
It's happening to me as well as I'm often logged out after returning to this forum. Actually the odd thing is, if I actually go click on any thread, I'm mysteriously logged back in!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Login issues:
Clear cache/ cookies then restart the browser
Delete old bookmarks that use HTTP:// links. Update them to HTTPS://

Doing the second one is probably enough for most people.

Anytime you get logged out check the URL bar and see if it's HTTP. That means you got there via an old link/bookmark.

It's happening to me as well as I'm often logged out after returning to this forum. Actually the odd thing is, if I actually go click on any thread, I'm mysteriously logged back in!

This means you are getting to HF via a bookmark or your browser history and it's still using the HTTP link.
Clear out your bookmarks and history and update them to HTTPS links.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Just noticed my Scene account was hacked. I had over 15,000 Scene points on my account (I've collected for years and never redeemed) and when I purchased movie tickets tonight I noticed my balance was down to 753. Checked my account and it turns out in early April some f*** made 12 redemptions on my account. Has this happened to anyone else?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Just noticed my Scene account was hacked. I had over 15,000 Scene points on my account (I've collected for years and never redeemed) and when I purchased movie tickets tonight I noticed my balance was down to 753. Checked my account and it turns out in early April some **** made 12 redemptions on my account. Has this happened to anyone else?

No but that sucks. Have you called them? Can they tell you where they were redeemed?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
No but that sucks. Have you called them? Can they tell you where they were redeemed?

I found out an hour ago and their offices closed at 6pm so I'll be calling in tomorrow morning.

A quick google search led me to the forum redflagdeals where it seemingly happened recently to two other people. Looks like they were able to get their points credited back easily so I'm hoping that's the case with me.

Lesson to everyone (and myself): change your passwords regularly.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I found out an hour ago and their offices closed at 6pm so I'll be calling in tomorrow morning.

A quick google search led me to the forum redflagdeals where it seemingly happened recently to two other people. Looks like they were able to get their points credited back easily so I'm hoping that's the case with me.

Lesson to everyone (and myself): change your passwords regularly.

Best of luck friend.

Reactions: y2kcanucks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->