OT: OT: MTL Impact Thread - Now Is The Winter Of Our Discontent Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kant Think

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 30, 2007
Gatineau
yeah and when players have heart attacks for playing 210 minutes what do u do? This isn't hockey.

I thought that my proposition of having fans sub in during overtime would have made it obvious enough that I was aware of the problems related to infinite overtimes.

Alas.

BigFatPapa

Oct 7, 2003
http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/01/20/duvall-la-defense-les-coups-de-pied-arretes--braz-sexplique

Ciman and Camara as cb's and Duvall as rb?

Also, I've heard good things about Mkungilwa, seems he'll get a real shot at making the team as backup for Oyongo, who I'm surprised is still with the team btw.

Apparently, there were many clubs in Ligue 1 interested in him for the second half of their season but one of their condition was for Oyongo to come straight to Ligue 1 and not go to the Africa Cup of Nations. The reasoning was that he would be a Ligue 1 rookie and they wanted to give him some time to adjust before the last stretch. Since Oyongo wanted to represent Cameroon at the ACN, this hampered the deal for the winter transfer window.

On the other hand, Oyongo leaving for Ligue 1 during the summer mercato is a very real possibility.

Source: Romain Schué on FC919 about a month ago.

For Mkungilwa, I like his game a lot but these would be big shoes to fill for a 20 years old rookie. With Oyongo possibly leaving at mid-season and likely being called up by Cameroon at some point during the season, the #2 LB is likely to start quite a few games even if Oyongo stays and doesn't get injured.

Here's his highlights reel

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
he looks younger than ballou lol and Idk why but I feel he'll play DR Congo if he gets the chance over Canada (can't really blame him).

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Interesting report out of Italy.

http://www.afrokanlife.com/blerim-dzemaili-montreal-des-le-debut-mai/

Serie A season ends May 28th, MLS transfer window closes May 8th.

Because Bologna is playing quite well and is far from relegation, Joey is considering transferring Dzemaili early.

So he'd come the first week of may instead of early July, and miss a month of Serie A action.

Puts us in a weird place lol. Right now Bologna is 13 points from relegation and 14 points from the top 5.

If they start losing, we won't get him early, and if they go on a run and compete for the top, I also imagine he'll have to stay.

So we want them to stay Mediocre :D

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Interesting report out of Italy.

http://www.afrokanlife.com/blerim-dzemaili-montreal-des-le-debut-mai/

Serie A season ends May 28th, MLS transfer window closes May 8th.

Because Bologna is playing quite well and is far from relegation, Joey is considering transferring Dzemaili early.

So he'd come the first week of may instead of early July, and miss a month of Serie A action.

Puts us in a weird place lol. Right now Bologna is 13 points from relegation and 14 points from the top 5.

If they start losing, we won't get him early, and if they go on a run and compete for the top, I also imagine he'll have to stay.

So we want them to stay Mediocre :D

That is fantastic news. There's always an adjustment time for players that arrive in July, that will mean he'll be up to par before the last stretch of the season.

Dzemaili in Montreal is the equivalent to Bradley in Toronto, he is exactly what this team was missing. Our 1st need was an offensive n.8, now it's a quality back-up striker behind Mancosu and a young n.6 who's good in the air and can develop to something good as Donadel is not getting any younger.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
speaking of DMs, I'm laughing at NYCFC fans that think they'll lure Khedira in near future

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Three words : $$$

YEah good point but he's one of the Juve's best player AND still an important member to the NT..

They lost Pogba and Marchisio is injured. I mean I 'd love for Khedira to come to the MLS but it'll be a bigger career killer move than Eto'o to Russia. But it,ll be good for the league

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I feel bad taking Dzemaili away from Bologna. What a player he's been for them. Basically doing what Krejci should've been doing for them.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
4-2 final vs Bermuda.

one of the 2 bermuda goals was an own goal due to a young inexperienced backup Canada keeper who will probably not get called much going forward. (22yr old Whitecaps 2 keeper Sean Melvin)

First goal was very early, and the result of bad coverage which did not repeat itself.

But they bounced back with 4 goals.

Baby steps, I choose to see the positives. This was a largely young, MLS based lineup, and they did alright.

Half our best players are in europe and didn't play, no biggie.

edit: highlights here http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-wins-4-2-over-bermuda-to-kick-off-2017-campaign-p160362

AJH's goal was a nice bit of opportunism.

Granted, Bermuda sucks, but still.

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
As for the kids playing with the canada u20 team for 2 prep friendlies against Panama, TMG was the only one that started both games, as captain. Ballou and Shome started the second game, a 2-1 loss.

oh, and Choiniere wasnt in any game. He was sent back to imfc because of injury, a sprain i beleive.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Is it just me, or tickets are more expensive? Not by a dollar or two, but more.

37$ + 2$ fee for general admission

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Is it just me, or tickets are more expensive? Not by a dollar or two, but more.

37$ + 2$ fee for general admission

Once again, bad marketing (in this case, once again, bad market analysis). Demand has increased in the last two years, but they overestimate the elasticity of the demand. If they raise the prices too much, people will stop going. 40$ for general admission is crazy at this point.

OT: You guys are going to hate me. I got invited to the Habs game tomorrow by a supplier and I am going to be in one of the luxury suites wearing a tie and not really paying attention to the game while discussing deals with business partners. I will be part of everything that is wrong with pro sports today. Bitter sweet feeling I would say. Fun to have the chance to go in one of these suits, sad that I am not going for the product itself and will, by not being there for hockey, lessen the real fan's experience.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Once again, bad marketing (in this case, once again, bad market analysis). Demand has increased in the last two years, but they overestimate the elasticity of the demand. If they raise the prices too much, people will stop going. 40$ for general admission is crazy at this point.

OT: You guys are going to hate me. I got invited to the Habs game tomorrow by a supplier and I am going to be in one of the luxury suites wearing a tie and not really paying attention to the game while discussing deals with business partners. I will be part of everything that is wrong with pro sports today. Bitter sweet feeling I would say. Fun to have the chance to go in one of these suits, sad that I am not going for the product itself and will, by not being there for hockey, lessen the real fan's experience.

Meh no big deal imo

Enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad