OT: OT: MTL Impact Thread - Now Is The Winter Of Our Discontent Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
@myvelouria Yeah, I guess we could make the old joke about how we want the IMFC to be our pall bearers when we pass on so they can let us down one last time...

Anyways, the question remains, any important dates in the offseason? Anything like a draft, free agency, transfer windows etc?

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Can't remember last time I was that nervous for a game.

You know the impact is a big thing now when it hurts to lose.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Disappointed but still proud of this team. With all the adversity, they fought all year to make it this far and despite being underdogs put up a fight worthy of a win.

Now it's all about getting this club over the hump of "being on the verge of winning something" and actually winning a major trophy. Bringing in Drogba was a good step in the right direction but Saputo's next big move is crucial.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Great series guys. That was one for the ages!

Our clubs just took soccer to another level in this country in terms of media hype, and the entertainment was off the charts in both games. Well done!

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Can't remember last time I was that nervous for a game.

You know the impact is a big thing now when it hurts to lose.

I was hyper angry when the game ended, now I just feel the emptiness that comes with sadness.

So close...

That game should do wonders for soccer in Canada. Looking at it objectively, it was super entertsining. Too bad the bad guys won :cry:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
I was hyper angry when the game ended, know I just feel the emptinesd that comes with sadness.

So close...

That game should do wonders for soccer in Canada. Looking at it objectively, it was super entertsining. Too bad the bad guys won :cry:

The bad guys HAD to win. It's ok this time. It was payback for last year, I guess. 1-1 now.

NExt year will be very interesting. With the newcomber, with Mancuso playing a bigger role, with no Drogba mystery around, with Bernardello for a complete season, and maybe, just maybe, a big fish from the other side of the ocean...and we get to be a contender again.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
This loss hurts so much. To be so close to the Cup and losing to TFC. I will never gather behind any Toronto team. Seattle needs to punish them but I can't see it happening.

I hope Joey Saputo sees how much we want to win and how the city needs to win the Cup. Please give us the tools we need. New DPs. A feared defender to push off big physical forwards like Kamara and Altidore. Somebody like a Laurent Koscielny or a PEPE!!!!!

Didier, merci pour tout. Tu as été notre catalyseur. We will find a new one and one that will stick around longer this time.

Tonight, we are losers. But in the future, we will be winners.

Cheers to all you crazy fans!

FWIW, I truly believe that we are the best team in the MLS.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The bad guys HAD to win. It's ok this time. It was payback for last year, I guess. 1-1 now.

NExt year will be very interesting. With the newcomber, with Mancuso playing a bigger role, with no Drogba mystery around, with Bernardello for a complete season, and maybe, just maybe, a big fish from the other side of the ocean...and we get to be a contender again.

Bernardello, Donadel and Dzemaili should be a killer midfield.

Piatti, Mancosu and whoever plays right should be a good forward group.

The D should be the same. It is a good D on paper and they have a lot of potential. Hopefully we get an assistant who can coach them.

Bush is an awesome shot stopper but sucks at everything else.

We should once again have a pretty good squad. I would like us to buy an elite guy to play RF.

void

Jan 5, 2006
All things considered, I just really love this team. Most of my favourite sports memories are from them.. some of them going way back when they used to play at Claude Robillard. They've given me a lot of happy and positive moments.

With that being said, enough is enough with choking during big moments. Tonight was definitely winnable but they completely **** the bed. Also, we had a great playoff run but we did not have a good regular season. We looked scary bad many times.

I'm excited to see what they'll do in the offseason.. And I really, really hope Piatti stays.

Kant Think

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 30, 2007
Gatineau
All things considered, I just really love this team. Most of my favourite sports memories are from them.. some of them going way back when they used to play at Claude Robillard. They've given me a lot of happy and positive moments.

With that being said, enough is enough with choking during big moments. Tonight was definitely winnable but they completely **** the bed. Also, we had a great playoff run but we did not have a good regular season. We looked scary bad many times.

I'm excited to see what they'll do in the offseason.. And I really, really hope Piatti stays.

Impact Forever!

Kant Think

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 30, 2007
Gatineau

BTW, is that Donna from That 70s Show in your avatar?

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Bernardello, Donadel and Dzemaili should be a killer midfield.

Piatti, Mancosu and whoever plays right should be a good forward group.

The D should be the same. It is a good D on paper and they have a lot of potential. Hopefully we get an assistant who can coach them.

Bush is an awesome shot stopper but sucks at everything else.

We should once again have a pretty good squad. I would like us to buy an elite guy to play RF.

That's the spirit! :handclap:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not a soccer fan at all so honestly I didn't even realize this was a big game until I came into the thread to close it. So this was our end of year game? Sorry folks.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I will never forget 2009 in the rain.

I will never forget the opener in 2012.

I will never forget driving 300km to watch a Champion's League game on a Wednesday, in the rain, against some unknown club from Haiti.

I will never forget the countless games I went to with my friends.

I will never forget the 2-0 game against Alajelense at the Big O.

I will never forget the huge 'Allez Montreal" chant before the finals against America.

I will never forget DD scoring three goals in his first start.

I will never forget how loud the Big O was last week.

This team has given me so many nice moments with so many people I love. IMFC est définitivement mon club de coeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad