Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i can’t believe it’s taken this long for me to realize who zadorov reminds me of

1714193693499.gif

Reactions: Nucker101 and Flik

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The bottom line is that everyone in the Canuck lineup 'plays bigger' when Zadorov is on his game. He's a one-man wrecking crew in his own zone. Just built for the playoffs.

Will be a real loss if he walks in the off-season. There's basically nobody out there on the UFA market who brings anything close to what he brings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucker101

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The bottom line is that everyone in the Canuck lineup 'plays bigger' when Zadorov is on his game. He's a one-man wrecking crew in his own zone. Just built or the playoffs.

Will be a real loss if he walks in the off-season. There's basically nobody out there on the UFA market who brings anything close to what he brings.
In the off-season: Sign him first; worry about fitting him under the cap later.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I am going to be devastated if we don't re-sign Zadorov this off-season. He's been playing like one of the most valuable pieces on this team for months now, not just these 3 games. He's got a sneaky good shot, knows when to join the rush, delivers the crushing hits that can tilt momentum and he's a talker. I love having assholes on our team, we're at our best when we've got guys like Burrows, Torres, Lapierre who teams hate playing against and Zadorov is one of them IMO. He should've been signed the minute he did the griddy to the Red Wings' bench.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I am going to be devastated if we don't re-sign Zadorov this off-season. He's been playing like one of the most valuable pieces on this team for months now, not just these 3 games. He's got a sneaky good shot, knows when to join the rush, delivers the crushing hits that can tilt momentum and he's a talker. I love having assholes on our team, we're at our best when we've got guys like Burrows, Torres, Lapierre who teams hate playing against and Zadorov is one of them IMO. He should've been signed the minute he did the griddy to the Red Wings' bench.

Yeah, he's definitely been making a case for being an essential re-sign, in much the same vein as Joshua is. Teams are always clamouring for guys like this that have the skillset not just to provide talent value, but also to be able to play in the trenches.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
There have been zero rumors about the team talking to Myers.

It was more the rumors that circled around TDL, that the team really liked Myers, and how Zadorov is pricing himself out of our range.

If they really choose to get Myers signed over Zadorov, difference in price it may be, it'd be a classic Commander Dimbo move.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
It was more the rumors that circled around TDL, that the team really liked Myers, and how Zadorov is pricing himself out of our range.

If they really choose to get Myers signed over Zadorov, difference in price it may be, it'd be a classic Commander Dimbo move.
Calma

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
...But I read Z is a bum, just like most resident "experts' were saying before.

He was on most of the resident "experts'" do not resign list.

Eventually Lindholm will be removed from their "do not resign lists" and become an absolute must have.

BTW: Meyers is 5 or so years older than Z. give your collective heads a shake.

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
have to figure his camp is using the Cernak contract as a comp. I'll maintain my previous stance that term doesn't make me uncomfortable with this player. He'll age like a big diesel engine and his compete is unwavering. would offer him 6 years at $4MM and negotiate from there.

Reactions: calnuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad