OT: OT: MTL Impact Thread - Now Is The Winter Of Our Discontent Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Watching the IMFC vs AS Roma highlights and it makes me excited to see what Ballou can do. Hopefully he gets a fair chance.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
So the press conference was really for Bernier's new contract and his new role as a coach for the Academy in 2018 after he retires. Not surprised but still... :facepalm:

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Also confirmed that they won't pull a Lampard with Dzimalli.

Apparently bologna staff really like him and would like to keep him in italy, but Joey re-confirmed he's coming.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Unconfirmed, but Dax McCarty is going to Chicago.

I think they're the clear off season winners.

EDIT: It's confirmed.

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I really hope that we can find a similar arrangement with Ciman and Camara at the end of their playing days. We need those guys to help develop the next generations.

Camara is a Canadian Citizen, now, I believe? He will probably stay when his playing career is done. I like Ciman but he would probably like to go back home once it's done (especially if his daughter is growing up fine with all the help she gets)

penaltykiller

Feb 19, 2007
province of quebec
I wrote Ciman's name because I heard that him and his wife were considering staying , espescially since their daughter is doing well. The job would be one more incentive to stay, but this is really just speculation.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I think it's great that they did this press conference to announce Bernier's last season as player and intergration to the academy coaching staff beyond that.

He deserves it, and we need to cherish guys like him if we want this club and ultimately this sport to continue growing here. This is exactly the kind of example i want the club to put forth for young quebecois players to look up to.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm happy for Bernier, and I hope we land a couple of players that will help us win the cup next year for him.

BigFatPapa

Oct 7, 2003
Montreal passed during the 3rd round of the Superdraft today (No doubt they'll pass during the 4th round too)

Biggest IMFC news of the day is probably losing prospect Mastanabal Kacher to Colorado Springs (USL).

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Should work to get Piette after Bernier leaves. Surely he realized after not cracking Deportivo's first team that Spain would probably not be an option. Time to come back boy

BigFatPapa

Oct 7, 2003
More than anything, Montreal should acquire another LB. With Oyongo being regularly called up to play for Cameroon and transfer rumors to Ligue 1, we're going to need a solid #2 LB. With Toia gone and neither Duvall nor Camara being experienced on the left side, the spot would be fought between Dia (invited to camp) and Mkungilwa (FC Montreal's best LB last season) if no one else is brought in.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Camara is a Canadian Citizen, now, I believe? He will probably stay when his playing career is done. I like Ciman but he would probably like to go back home once it's done (especially if his daughter is growing up fine with all the help she gets)

The help his daughter gets will never be over. Unless it gets better in Belgium or the family decides to go back anyway.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
The lack of action and rumors is concerning to me

Our core is pretty old.
Our starting lineup which we haven't improved so far.

Bush 30
Hassoun Camara 30
Ciman 30
Cabrera 23
Oyongo 25
Donadel 33
Bernardello 30
Bernier 37
Oduro 31
Piatti 31
Mancosu 32

Aside from Cabrera and Oyongo that's a freaking old squad. Even Dzemaili who will join in July will be 31.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Our core is pretty old.
Our starting lineup which we haven't improved so far.

Bush 30
Hassoun Camara 30
Ciman 30
Cabrera 23
Oyongo 25
Donadel 33
Bernardello 30
Bernier 37
Oduro 31
Piatti 31
Mancosu 32

Aside from Cabrera and Oyongo that's a freaking old squad. Even Dzemaili who will join in July will be 31.

total opposite of FC Dallas, outside of Javier Morales (who's a temporary replacement for Diaz) there is 1 player in the entire squad over 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad