OT: OT Lounge (No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Did you grow your own wood? I was looking at building some raised garden beds out of cedar and it was way cheaper ordering some pre-fabs made out of vinyl. They look good and work just as well.
Ya wood is goofy priced right now, went with composite because it was almost the same price. Used to have a cedar deck and it was done, like the idea of never having to stain my deck anymore though.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Maybe this is better suited for the nerd thread, but I’m wanting to binge a TV series this summer. Gonna get HBO, so ... Wire or Sopranos first? I’ve seen absolutely zero of either (was too young when they were airing and never got around to it since, I just know both are beloved, and they look interesting).

Both are excellent. The wire builds a bit slowly but if you like it you will love it. Sopranos was a bit more accessible. Both shows have excellent acting and the wire is prey raw and from what I hear a very accurate depiction of Baltimore in that era.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
SmartSelect_20210512-172456_Chrome.jpg
:D

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
More good news...:facepalm:

Canada could see 50% cut in fuel capacity if Line 5 pipeline shut down: experts

Maybe it's good that Covid won't let me leave my house... if we lose 50% of our fuel I won't be able to afford to start my car and go anywhere.
No wonder all the junk at the police bike auction was selling for hundreds...Brent Bellamy's dreams are coming true! :sarcasm:

This interruption in supply should be short-lived, but I'm sure the gas stations won't miss a chance to jack prices up even further.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
The soccer team I follow back in the mother land won the championship…. It’s been 19 years since they won…. Was a rough next morning for me and my liver :laugh:

Oh, cool.. which country/league?? Been really tough to follow soccer since I cut cable.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
First episode is up :):P shameless!
Imagining a world where we did draft DeBrincat and Girard instead of trading up for Stanley…. Sigh….

Solves our RS forward and top-4 d problem almost immediately.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
ALMOST had a major sewer back up...basement toilet and sink started bubbling and burping when you flush the upstairs one with a small amount of water backing up (but was able to wipe it up). Got the sewer line cleaned this afternoon, I couldn't believe the roots they pulled out, like a garbage bag full.

I had some trouble finding the access to the sewer line. It was behind the basement bar (which is basically plastic bin storage space ha) and the previous owners had tiled over it . You could see some water seeping up from a cracked tile so the plumber ripped it up and there it was. Seemed like a stupid idea to tile over the access pipe, I mean they had it grouted and everything unless that's how it's usually done? Anyways, crisis averted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad