OT: OT Lounge (No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I had my 2nd shot of AZ on the 23rd of April...haven't worked since.
Today is the first day of feeling halfway normal...first day without having to have a 4 or 5 hour nap at least once a day.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
One only has to look at Sweden to see what would happen if we didn't take it seriously like they didn't at first.

edit ... Had a negative test result on Friday.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watching “I care a lot” on Prime and so far it’s pretty funny.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
That's the BEST comparison I've ever seen...

At my age/fitness I'm at lower risk from covid than a serious side event from the vax.

You use your background and risk profile to make your decision, I'll use mine. Difference is I won't mock mock for your choice.

Lots of people on here just assume someone's opinion is wrong just because they disagree.

Because you are wrong, it’s not disagreeing if you are clueless and wrong.... which you are.
It’s a cut and paste of the same dumbass answers as all the other covdiots.
My entire family is in the medical field, it’s a absolute shit show. My wife works 18 hours shifts in the ICU dealing with this garbage and the “it can never happen to me” dummy’s.

The new mutations are hammering the young /healthy people now. Sure, for the most part, most people are fine but until someone you love gets hit, your views of stupidly will continue.

the vaxx is almost 100% effective at keeping people out of the hospital, which is the point of it. To keep people from dying...... crazy eh?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Maybe this is better suited for the nerd thread, but I’m wanting to binge a TV series this summer. Gonna get HBO, so ... Wire or Sopranos first? I’ve seen absolutely zero of either (was too young when they were airing and never got around to it since, I just know both are beloved, and they look interesting).

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Because you are wrong, it’s not disagreeing if you are clueless and wrong.... which you are.
It’s a cut and paste of the same dumbass answers as all the other covdiots.
My entire family is in the medical field, it’s a absolute shit show. My wife works 18 hours shifts in the ICU dealing with this garbage and the “it can never happen to me” dummy’s.

The new mutations are hammering the young /healthy people now. Sure, for the most part, most people are fine but until someone you love gets hit, your views of stupidly will continue.

the vaxx is almost 100% effective at keeping people out of the hospital, which is the point of it. To keep people from dying...... crazy eh?
Umm, the plural of "dummy" is "dummies", not "dummy's". I'm not sure if it gets more ironic than that.

Skip to "Supplemental Appendix" to see the absolute risk reductions in hospitalizations (as well as other endpoints). Maybe have your family take a read too.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2101765

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Maybe this is better suited for the nerd thread, but I’m wanting to binge a TV series this summer. Gonna get HBO, so ... Wire or Sopranos first? I’ve seen absolutely zero of either (was too young when they were airing and never got around to it since, I just know both are beloved, and they look interesting).

The Wire for sure.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Umm, the plural of "dummy" is "dummies", not "dummy's". I'm not sure if it gets more ironic than that.

Skip to "Supplemental Appendix" to see the absolute risk reductions in hospitalizations (as well as other endpoints). Maybe have your family take a read too.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2101765

That study says that after 2nd dose the vaccine (Pfizer?) was 94% effective at preventing hospitalization and 92% effective at preventing death with covid variants, so I'm not sure how this runs counter to what TheGovernment was saying.

Also I don't know where you got the idea that vaccine side-effects are somehow worse than the effects of Covid-19 in healthy individuals. Could you source that?

Reactions: blues10

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
In terms of the odds, the vaccine is far more favorable than catching COVID at probably any age > 20. Most adverse vaccine effects are from allergic reactions, which is why they make you sit there for 15 minutes after getting the shot.

Reactions: TheGovernment

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
@Buffdog
Vaccines NEVER work out to be good for anything.

That is why you see such large numbers of people dying from tetanus, smallpox, chickenpox, polio, diptheria, measles, mumps, whooping cough etc...

"Germs can travel quickly through a community and make a lot of people sick. If enough people get sick, it can lead to an outbreak. But when enough people are vaccinated against a certain disease, the germs can’t travel as easily from person to person — and the entire community is less likely to get the disease.
That means even people who can’t get vaccinated will have some protection from getting sick. And if a person does get sick, there’s less chance of an outbreak because it’s harder for the disease to spread. Eventually, the disease becomes rare — and sometimes, it’s wiped out altogether."

Smallpox is considered to be eradicated due to the smallpox vaccine and the USA stopped vaccinating in 1972 and everyone by about 1980.
When was the last case of polio that you hvae heard of or have you ever heard of anyone getting it...you'd have to be fairly old to remember someone getting polio.
Being on the birth control pill for over 10 years gives you WAY more of a chance to get blood clots than the Covid vaccine.

I could go on and on and on but some people only hear what they want to hear; however,
I do respect the individual's right to not get the vaccine but I don't think that person should be allowed to be on a bus/plane/subway/taxi etc... with other people.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Funnier than the game?

A really pleasant distraction. I had a great day at work.......in nature at the golf range (karma)......and having a cold beer on the back deck in the setting sun when I got home from work at 5:45. I thought the movie would be a more relaxing, stimulating way to finish my day. I wanted to defer/avoid stress (Jets) since my day was one of the best in a while.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
That's the BEST comparison I've ever seen...

At my age/fitness I'm at lower risk from covid than a serious side event from the vax.

You use your background and risk profile to make your decision, I'll use mine. Difference is I won't mock mock for your choice.

Lots of people on here just assume someone's opinion is wrong just because they disagree.
1. No you are not.
2. Not everything is about you. People need to vaccinate to help everybody else too. Some people cannot get the vaccine for whatever reason (allergies etc.) and they need to be protected by the rest of us doing our part. If you want life to return to normal anytime soon, getting vaccinated is the way out of this hellhole.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
A really pleasant distraction. I had a great day at work.......in nature at the golf range (karma)......and having a cold beer on the back deck in the setting sun when I got home from work at 5:45. I thought the movie would be a more relaxing, stimulating way to finish my day. I wanted to defer/avoid stress (Jets) since my day was one of the best in a while.
Good for you, actually paying attention to how you feel and thinking about what would make your day more positive. It’s something that most people don’t do. I’ve seen you post similar things this year and always appreciate seeing someone improve their lives. (Not that I think you have a lot to improve!).

The world in general could certainly use more of that.

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
And now summer is back starting today - highs in the 20s for the foreseeable future!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I absolutely LOVED the Sopranos , great writing and acting and some brilliant humor and drama.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Getting a new deck done right now, lots of money but we love to travel and that's not happening for a while so we put our travel money towards a new deck and BBQ. Bring on summer man.:nod:

Did you grow your own wood? I was looking at building some raised garden beds out of cedar and it was way cheaper ordering some pre-fabs made out of vinyl. They look good and work just as well.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Did you grow your own wood? I was looking at building some raised garden beds out of cedar and it was way cheaper ordering some pre-fabs made out of vinyl. They look good and work just as well.

Yeah, our backyard 6 foot privacy wood fence project is on hold until further notice...

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB

@garret9 - so you don’t have to shamelessly plug your own podcast. I had wondered why we were being blessed with your presence around HFJets more often as of late. I’m eager to hear/see more of your stuff assuming your insights are no longer locked behind a corporate curtain (or at least some of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad