OT: OT Lounge (No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Have I been cancelled yet George? I annoy myself at times so I wouldn’t blame you.

I think I ignored two posters up until we drafted Laine then my number went up. I do enjoy dissenting voices but on our board I prefer to Debate with Jets fans.

Nope. Not yet :naughty:

It takes a lot before I decide to ignore a poster. But I will admit the number seems to have picked up a lot recently.

Reactions: ps241

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
It would be curious to see who the most ignored poster is.

After all the covid talk, I'd be right up there lol

eed746a888367fdd466de4c9685caf42.gif

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
After the Laine trade I unignored everyone on my list, but I have done a few since. If I go to a posters profile and the entire page is excessively negative posts or attacks on other posters I'll usually opt out of seeing their posts at all.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
After the Laine trade I unignored everyone on my list, but I have done a few since. If I go to a posters profile and the entire page is excessively negative posts or attacks on other posters I'll usually opt out of seeing their posts at all.
I didn't even know you could do that.:laugh:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Lost my aunt last night. She had taken a turn for the worse over the weekend but prior to that last i heard my Dad said that she had maybe 2-3 years left. I’m worried about my grandma. She’s still going at 86 and now here daughter has passed before her. Just, idk....

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Lost my aunt last night. She had taken a turn for the worse over the weekend but prior to that last i heard my Dad said that she had maybe 2-3 years left. I’m worried about my grandma. She’s still going at 86 and now here daughter has passed before her. Just, idk....
That's rough. Really sorry to hear that, Duke.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Sorry for your loss. Nobody should have to bury their kid, at any age. Couldn't imagine

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
That's rough. Really sorry to hear that, Duke.

Sorry for your loss. Nobody should have to bury their kid, at any age. Couldn't imagine

Thanks guys. Thankfully my grandma(who is in assisted living) was able to see her over the weekend and even just a few weeks ago my aunt was able to play the piano for her. :heart:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That sucks, sorry for your loss . I've had to deal with alot of death over the last few years , it's tough. :(

Reactions: Duke749

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

So sorry for your loss

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Very sorry for your loss Duke.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
EDIT: thanks to everyone who checked in. Was fun to chat. But I apparently really, REALLY needed to share my rage with REM's "Stand" video. Like how the song goes "now face north", and the dancers all jump and face west, and like there's a giant compass on the stage so it's not a "actor left / stage left" confusion. And again, "now face west" and they all jump east.

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Sorry to hear this. My Grandfather and Dad died within 6 months of each other in 2011. We were pretty certain my Grandmother wasn't going to make it through the grief of losing her husband and son so quickly, but she lived another 7 years afterwards. I'd daresay she thrived. She had a lot of support from my aunts and her grandchildren, she'd still be around but cancer claimed her 3 years ago at 87. She had a good life, anyways.

So make sure you and the rest of the family are there for her when she needs it (even if it's just phonecalls) and she should be OK.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I quit smoking (again) on Friday for hopefully the last time. It's been easier this time compared to other attempts, probably because I'm vaping lol. But anything is better than those bastard cigarettes.

Turning 47 in a month, just can't smoke any longer. Wish me long term luck!

Good. That infernal habit cost me both my parents far too soon. People who love you will thank you for taking this stand and I promise you, they will be cheering for you all the way.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

Sorry for your loss Duke

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I quit smoking (again) on Friday for hopefully the last time. It's been easier this time compared to other attempts, probably because I'm vaping lol. But anything is better than those bastard cigarettes.

Turning 47 in a month, just can't smoke any longer. Wish me long term luck!

good luck on it this time Luc :crossfing

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
Whatever happened to the thread that contained info about Winnipeg for people visiting the city? Why did it get deleted? We should have something like that again for people who come to the city and want to see all the sights and attractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad