OT: OT Lounge (No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Rogers is trying to buy Shaw for 26 billion. In 20 years they'll just stop giving a f*** about the illusion of choice and try merging with Bell, as if there wasn't already blatant collusion.

canada already has some of the highest internet and wireless charges to consumers in the world...this is just another step to even higher charges

It will be interesting to see if the emerging global 5G satellite networks will disrupt the traditional distribution ecosystem in Canada?

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
It will be interesting to see if the emerging global 5G satellite networks will disrupt the traditional distribution ecosystem in Canada?

We can only hope... Sounds like Starlink has been very promising for the rural folks. We definitely need more options / competition. Not less.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
canada already has some of the highest internet and wireless charges to consumers in the world...this is just another step to even higher charges
Remember when it was MTS and not Bell how you could switch to Shaw or threaten to and they would give you a deal? Not anymore, now they just charge the exact same no matter what, it's just a joke. How many billions in profits do these companies need?

Reactions: GNP

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Happy 3:16, you jabronis

200.gif

None

Feb 22, 2012

Doubtful, if anything Rogers and Bell are cheering companies like Starlink on because they've promised rural network expansion themselves. If Starlink can deliver cheaply and fast enough there won't be as much demand for their own expansion. Starlink in particular also won't have the bandwidth to compete with terrestrial networks in high population density areas like cities, so no disruption in Winnipeg for example.

There's also a chance that for Starlink to get full regulatory approval here in Canada that they'll need to be operated by a Canadian company for this market, which means zero disruption as they'll likely be operated by Bell or Rogers.

Reactions: ps241

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Happy 3:16, you jabronis

200.gif

I guess it never always sat right with me that this slogan was built on the back of Jake Roberts' trying to sober up during his last hurrah, but on the other hand, Jake turned his life around and got into the Hall of Fame where he belonged (and you better believe I ugly cried my eyes out when it happened!) so I guess all's well that end's well. Or as @kanadalainen would say, <insert entire text of All's Well That Ends Well>

Reactions: kanadalainen

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
OK, I guess the board admins think people here are stupid. It's not enough that clicking on the little dot takes you to the first unread message. Now they feel it necessary to drive home that point by sticking a little
upload_2021-3-17_20-6-28.png
symbol on the posts you haven't read. I mean, really? :facepalm:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I guess it never always sat right with me that this slogan was built on the back of Jake Roberts' trying to sober up during his last hurrah, but on the other hand, Jake turned his life around and got into the Hall of Fame where he belonged (and you better believe I ugly cried my eyes out when it happened!) so I guess all's well that end's well. Or as @kanadalainen would say, <insert entire text of All's Well That Ends Well>

The documentary with Diamond Dallas helping Jake and Scott Hall sober up was pretty intense. Lots of respect for Page.

Wrestling is such a brutal life style for the boys it’s a wonder any of them survive.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
So Holden and I have some news. He proposed on Friday night and I said yes.

Funny story. Ring got stuck because he wasn't sure on size. The rings I wear fit my right hand and not my left. Had to go to urgent care to get it off. It'll be on a necklace until we take it in on Tuesday to get resized
Congratulations to both of you!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Funny story. Ring got stuck because he wasn't sure on size. The rings I wear fit my right hand and not my left. Had to go to urgent care to get it off. It'll be on a necklace until we take it in on Tuesday to get resized

Congratulations to you and Holden LJ26!!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Congrats!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Congrats!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Getting the first dog of my life tomorrow. My kids are at the perfect age so I am finally taking the plunge. Little Aussie Labradoodle girl.

pretty pretty pumped

Congrats PS. Sorry, you were upstaged by an engagement. :laugh:

But getting a dog is pretty great too. We lost ours a little over a year ago, but last June got a Golden Retriever. It's been great to have her while I'm working from home.

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Getting the first dog of my life tomorrow. My kids are at the perfect age so I am finally taking the plunge. Little Aussie Labradoodle girl.

pretty pretty pumped
Dogs are the best, what an exciting time for you and the kids!

Congrats! :banana::banana:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

pretty pretty pumped

That sounds like an insult I'd be called when kids found out I was half Australian. :laugh:

Awesome news though, I'm sure your kids will love her!

Congrats to you both!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Is anyone else having trouble reading HF Boards, and inputting comments? I've got so many ads and pop-ups that it crashes the site, and puts me in a white screen if I don't manually reload the page.

Also the posts all appeared to be strangely centred on the page (during the Nucks game).

Its far worse when the "Live" posts are running. Last night's game was brutal. 10-15 crashes on my laptop during the Live feed.

Today is much better.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad