OT: OT Lounge (No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Tiger is lucky to be alive, I'm surprised with that roll over he didn't have more internal injuries, as for his career I'm guessing with his age, all the back and knee problems he has been having lately and length of rehab you could say former PGA tour professional.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We have a simple house rule. If we don't recognize the caller, or recognize it as someone we don't want to speak to, we don't answer the phone. If it's important, they will leave a message. I know some people get their jollies by stringing along solicitors just to waste their time, but I can't be bothered wasting my own time in such a manner.

The exponentially increasing desperation of such callers is testament to the growing popularity of your policy :)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Oh man seems like Avgard got banned. Can't see his profile anymore.

The Rise and Fall of Avgard

Yes, and (I know this may not be entirely rational) this strikes me as unfortunate. Just to provide perspective: I *completely* understand he (or his persona of this burner account) was widely viewed as a troll.

Polarizing? Yessir.
Most couldn't stand his stuff and put him on ignore I suspect. Some of our Finnish friends felt strongly this way, understandably so.
Nonetheless, his presence was part of the Jets' HF ecosystem since Laine's arrival - he was loathed by some and tolerated and quoted by many.
Viewed through a certain lens his comments were amusing, and if one could ignore the vitriol, had moments of enlightenment/perspective.
His account didn't survive long in the Jackets' purvue, as their inheritance became a perceived burden.
Personally I feel that if that account has been sanitized, it's kind of a loss, and takes away from some of the breadth of input.

Paraphrasing some relative gems (likely not accurate but capturing the spirit):

"Lost Christmas Santa Brothers" - Jackets playing in reverse retro CBJ jerseys
"Put a fart backstage" - famously explaining Laine's Kafkaesque misstep, and Maurice's subsequent use of his sniping winger
"O'Connor Farmleague player enjoying big iceminits highlife" - chafing at KFC's early placement with Wheels and Shuffles - Avgard never seemed to hammer Ehlers for similar transgressions.
"no choklat bars, just turnoff and drinking" - disgust at Laine's play - for games wherein Laine was hoped to do well, Avgard's floor became littered with "choklat" wrappers
"church choir Hockey team" - recent description of CBJ linemates for Laine
"MONSTERplayer" - Laine
"zoun" - zone

Sifting through Avgardian diatribes always seemed to produce a diamond. I wish there was an accurate compendium. :nod:

"Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly."
- Kafka

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Yes, and (I know this may not be entirely rational) this strikes me as unfortunate. Just to provide perspective: I *completely* understand he (or his persona of this burner account) was widely viewed as a troll.

Polarizing? Yessir.
Most couldn't stand his stuff and put him on ignore I suspect. Some of our Finnish friends felt strongly this way, understandably so.
Nonetheless, his presence was part of the Jets' HF ecosystem since Laine's arrival - he was loathed by some and tolerated and quoted by many.
Viewed through a certain lens his comments were amusing, and if one could ignore the vitriol, had moments of enlightenment/perspective.
His account didn't survive long in the Jackets' purvue, as their inheritance became a perceived burden.
Personally I feel that if that account has been sanitized, it's kind of a loss, and takes away from some of the breadth of input.

"Put a fart backstage" - famously explaining Laine's Kafkaesque misstep, and Maurice's subsequent use of his sniping winger
"O'Connor Farmleague player enjoying big iceminits highlife" - chafing at KFC's early placement with Wheels and Shuffles - Avgard never seemed to hammer Ehlers for similar transgressions.
"no choklat bars, just turnoff and drinking" - disgust at Laine's play - for games wherein Laine was hoped to do well, Avgard's floor became littered with "choklat" wrappers
"MONSTERplayer" - Laine
"zoun" - zone

Sifting through Avgardian diatribes always seemed to produce a diamond. I wish there was an accurate compendium. :nod:

"Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly."
- Kafka
I enjoyed reading "his" posts. Lots of people bitch and complain about player usage, etc. He came up with a way of doing it that reflected some comedic creativity - whether he was serious or trolling our Finnish friends a little.

There's no doubt in my mind it was someone's throw away account (if you're reading this, kudos). Almost like they ran posts back and forth from English to Finnish and back through Google translate 20 times

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Polarizing? Yessir.

"MONSTERplayer" - Laine
"zoun" - zone

- Kafka

Have to admit I didn’t get “it” but I love your post and how you embraced the madness.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Polarizing? Yessir.

"MONSTERplayer" - Laine
"zoun" - zone

- Kafka

Ok one last comment.

I was walking through St Vital Mall getting my sun glasses straightened that I sat on (again) and as I was walking past the Jets store I noticed some whacky Green St Patrick’s day Jets Jersey’s and the first one on display said..........drum Roll.......

O’Connor

Reactions: kanadalainen

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Ok one last comment.

I was walking through St Vital Mall getting my sun glasses straightened that I sat on (again) and as I was walking past the Jets store I noticed some whacky Green St Patrick’s day Jets Jersey’s and the first one on display said..........drum Roll.......

O’Connor

Dang. Did you buy it? Thats a great story. :thumbu:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Ok one last comment.

O’Connor
There are actually 3 good ones to choose from... (CLICK)

JSSTP20J81_300x.jpg
JSSTP20J55_300x.jpg
JSSTP20J26_300x.jpg

And one that's half price... :laugh:

JSSTP20J29_300x.jpg

Last edited:

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB

Polarizing? Yessir.

"MONSTERplayer" - Laine
"zoun" - zone

- Kafka

No one is gone forever.

Reactions: kanadalainen

None

Feb 22, 2012
Rogers is trying to buy Shaw for 26 billion. In 20 years they'll just stop giving a f*** about the illusion of choice and try merging with Bell, as if there wasn't already blatant collusion.

Reactions: Jets 31

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Rogers is trying to buy Shaw for 26 billion. In 20 years they'll just stop giving a f*** about the illusion of choice and try merging with Bell, as if there wasn't already blatant collusion.

canada already has some of the highest internet and wireless charges to consumers in the world...this is just another step to even higher charges

Reactions: Jets 31 and None
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad