Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki

Shadowthrone

Zombies Welcome
Sep 24, 2006
Franconia, Germany
I love Moonsorrow. Great epic metal, there are some guys from Finntroll playing with them I think. Klamydia made a split Cd with a German punkband, Lokalmatadore, they're singing in german and Lokalmatadore finnish. Very funny stuff.

Bangarau*

Antti Tuisku's new song: Juuret is great. Some peopel hate on Tuisku, but it's because they are ugly and Tuisku gets the women. And this song has clever lyrics, i hope Antti has written them himself.

I hate the fact that Finland is known as heavy metal music country. I hate heavy metal it's for losers in my opinion.. Well Maj Karma might be good and Kotiteollisuus.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
For the rap/hip hop fans!

Redrama is very talented rapper (raps in english):

Best finnish rap song ever: (in EA NBA 07 Soundtrack)

And his new material is with some autotune sh1t :shakehead just leave it you know how to rap and even sing without that sh1t!!! (ps. Kanye West sucks!)

The second best Finnish rap song ever: Conscious Youths (Redrama, Paleface and CapeNape/Mr Singh featuring Promoe):

Last edited:

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
Antti Tuisku's new song: Juuret is great. Some peopel hate on Tuisku, but it's because they are ugly and Tuisku gets the women. And this song has clever lyrics, i hope Antti has written them himself.

I hate the fact that Finland is known as heavy metal music country. I hate heavy metal it's for losers in my opinion.. Well Maj Karma might be good and Kotiteollisuus.

..talking about losers... :laugh: Antti Tuisku :laugh:
I'm not sure if Antti is even interested in women.
Anyway, good luck with that POP thing you got going on.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
Hmmm Finnish Music..

Amorphis
Apocalyptica
Beherit
Blackthrone
Children Of Bodom ( New stuff is beyond terribad )
Cryhavoc
Demilich
Dreamtale
Ensiferum
Finntroll
Impaled Nazerene
Kalmah
Lordi
Moonsorrow
Nocturnal Winds
Northern Kings
Sonata Arctica
Turisas
Tyr

All I could think of off the top of my head.. it was late/early zzz.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Metal such as Amorphis, Moonsorrow, Swallow the Sun, Finntroll are amazing but here some good non-metal from Finland.

Lapko - melodic indie rock (Mew meets AFI)
Asa - Best Finnish hiphop by a thousand miles.
Sibelius - The great classical composer
Viikate - tango rock... I guess (so good)

wow... I thought I was going to write a bigger list of music there, but in the world of rock, Finland is pretty weak. Wish Finland spawned a band of Sigur Ros/Radiohead caliber, but no.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
wow... I thought I was going to write a bigger list of music there, but in the world of rock, Finland is pretty weak.
Or maybe you just haven´t searched enough ;)

Maybe some:

-Hanoi Rocks
-Rubik
-Joensuu 1685
-The Flaming Sideburns
-Disco Ensemble
-22-Pistepirkko
-Hybrid Children
-Sweatmaster
-Damn Seagulls
-Callisto

I don´t know has someone mentioded some good Finnish Reggae/Ska bands:

Puppa J - Lähiörakkaus:

The Capital Beat - Salty Fish:

The Valkyrians - Hooligans:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
I find Mokoma to be above the rest these days, Stam1na has some great stuff too.

But how on earth has nobody mentioned YUP yet? Lyrically above anything else in the finnish music scene, and we have had some amazing lyricist (Juice, J. Vainio, P. Hanhiniemi etc etc). Martikainen is a genius. I do understand that the quirkiness of the music might be hard to sell but the guy is an awesome talent in making musical poetry.

Musically the most gifted band must have been Kingston Wall, but unfortunately their career was cut kinda short. But every time Kuoppamaki is behind the drums he elevates the whole song (like that Von Hertzen Brothers song linked earlier...good song).

And yeah I get the mention of PMMP in this discussion. I completely wrote them off after their first breakthrough but they revealed a completely different side on their next album, it was some scary good **** from two girls who met at a talent show and never made it through. They are serious artists, no matter what some people might say...it's more prejudice and not being able to admit you were wrong. It's like Britney Spears doing Oops I did it again and then turning into Tori Amos on the next album. Bad start with a cheesy suggestive song, but should not dictate the whole career.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Doom Unit - Killing Time

Before The Dawn - My Room

OP:L ******** - Scorpius

I Was A Teenage Satan Worshipper - OMG, Techno Chicks

Les Gillettes - Send in the Clowns

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Finnish Metal.. Hell yeah..

Finnish rap / hip hop .. OMG it's awful

Sentenced - Best Finnish Band Ever

Andy.B

Mar 2, 2004
Nottingham,UK
I though eternal tears of sorrow were Finns?

Hanna Pakarinen is Ok if you want eye candy aswell as music but the first prize goes to the Sleepy sleepers!!

Last edited:

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Hanna Pakarinen is Ok if you want eye candy aswell as music

Good point. The eye candy music genre deserves more representatives. Jenni Vartiainen should get the first honor:

And for something completely different...here's Don Johnson Big Band's new video "Running Man" featuring my sister in the very first clip. From what I've heard, the band has apparently dedicated this song to both Usain Bolt and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the gigs! I don't like the chorus, but everything else and particularly the instrumental part starting at 2:22 I consider quite magnificent.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00