OT: Finnish Music

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The only worst opinion with Finnish music is that there's that 1 person who only listens to music he/she likes and therefore automatically calls all other genres shit.
God forbid if someone actually makes a good pop song that gets national radio play constantly.

Robert Siegel

Sep 8, 2018
I am wondering if anyone can help me. We used to have a Finnish nanny, and she sang 3 songs to us that I just can't find anywhere. I am sure my spelling is all wrong, but maybe someone recognizes them by what I type, or knows of a good Finnish message board where I could find them. These songs were sung to us in the late 60's, and she was about 50 at the time, so I don't know how old these songs could be. I will type out what I know:

1. Kee cooty co cootie kiddy of a lindu east to be ox
2. Gurler Gurler gita gon bobba fula blankie
3. Kupinua Kupina only could not miss

Sorry the rest I remember but vaguely.

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
I am wondering if anyone can help me. We used to have a Finnish nanny, and she sang 3 songs to us that I just can't find anywhere. I am sure my spelling is all wrong, but maybe someone recognizes them by what I type, or knows of a good Finnish message board where I could find them. These songs were sung to us in the late 60's, and she was about 50 at the time, so I don't know how old these songs could be. I will type out what I know:

1. Kee cooty co cootie kiddy of a lindu east to be ox
2. Gurler Gurler gita gon bobba fula blankie
3. Kupinua Kupina only could not miss

Sorry the rest I remember but vaguely.

#2 has to be Körö körö kirkkoon `?
a very old nursery rhyme

-------

#3 could be Hopoti hoi, maybe..?

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Saw this thread hadn't been updated in a while. Figured I'd throw in one I remember from my time in Vierumaki.

Also sure to rile a certain team's fan base. At least it did at the time.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
For some reason that reminded me of this. Now it isn´t Finnish band either. It´s Russian folk metal band Wandersworld. The lyrics are from Kalevela (rune three) and singed in Finnish.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I always struggled to find Finnish bands to listen to because I generally found them either too folksy or too metal/proggy. But did find a 2021 one from an album this year which I'm really enjoying. Just a regular sounding indie/alt/shoegaze band. Album had good reviews and it was their 2nd which is nice because I hate getting into bands with only a debut that they follow up with either stinkers or breakups.

Reactions: Tony Piscotta

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
bestest rock 'n' roll from Tampere since The Popeda's

new awesome sludge from Lahti:

industrial louhinta band also from Tampere

yeah...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->