OT: Finnish Music

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Oh my god :O I had no idea Grendel were finnish! They're like a modern version of Nitzer Ebb. They're HUGE among Body-people here.

EDIT: Aren't they dutch?

Haha, yes now I checked, they're are from Netherlands, sorry. Great band anyway.:yo:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
EBM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Metal

Wrong.;)

Everybody has their tastes of course, I enjoy all good music from hiphop to death metal, but metal music is best for me.

Sean Avery*

All we need to Listen too is Pikku G, Lissut, and Cheek!

Sean Avery*

But seriously:

Hanoi Rocks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXRAWl94g_4

Stam1na - Lääke
Finntroll - Trollhammaren
Ensiferum - Warrior's Quest
Nightwish - Wish I had an Angel, Amaranth, Dark Chest of Wonders, LAST OF THE WILDS, Nemo
HIM - And Love Said No, Right Here in My Arms, CIRCLE OF FEAR, Endless Dark, Ressurection, Funeral of Hearts, Heartache Every Moment
Entwine - Surrender
Sentenced - Killing Me Killing You (Honestly reminds me of when I lived in Oulu)
Värttinä - Äijö

Also, a lot of the other bands listed here.

No orders.

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
Best finnish metal band at the moment: Medeia

And probably the best music videos I've ever seen :)

Last edited:

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
Some more random artists:

Lackluster

Hidria Spacefolk

Gjallarhorn

Apparently Swedish "folk" bands sing in Finnish and Finnish folkbands in Swedish (In this piece it's Icelandic, or is it?)

Teukka

Jul 17, 2007
Don't hate me, but now that the popularity of this song has faded, I have the courage to admit that I find it beautiful and enjoyable.

Perkele 14

Sep 19, 2002
Terrebonne
Now that is hilarious. The funniest music videos ever to be made :yo:

Yep!! I didn't know that band either but now, they have a new fan!!:yo:
Other GREAT finnish metal bands: Moonsorrow, Gloria Morti (1st albut is something you have to listen), Thy serpent, Throes of dawn, Insomnium, Imperanon, Children of bodom (not mentionned yet, how can it be?), And oceans (first 2 albums), Catamenia and for the not to heavy fans, Fall of the leafe is pretty good...

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
This band (New wave/industrial/goth/etc) just keeps getting better year after a year!

Vanity Beach - Garden of Cruelty
http://www.stumbleaudio.com/#vanitybeach4/1

"they sound like Mötley Crüe's souls look like: dark, sexy, sleazy and totally shameless. They sound like they'd sleep with your girlfriend/wife/mum and film it for you as a birthday present."

-Metal Hammer

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Appearantly my band (of which I am the only finnish member) will start making finnish punkrock... good influences of the rougher kind?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Appearantly my band (of which I am the only finnish member) will start making finnish punkrock... good influences of the rougher kind?
Riistetyt = hc punk.

Maybe Klamydia, rough enough?

Or some old school: (this is "new wave" more though):

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad