Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Re. Walker. At this point I’m just expecting the Gens to drop him or to show up to a game and see him magically in the line up

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Nope but I think theres more to it than TBA, another question,is Resnick sick or just sitting out, and if he just sitting out why is he on the team as an oa.:huh:

Scratched. McKinney/Gagnier/Resnick/McSorley are fighting for the last 2 spots each game and in a year all about development, tie goes to the younger guy. And McKinney has 3 goals in his last 3 games now

In an ideal world I think you keep McKinney/Gagnier/Michaud in the lineup most games until the deadline, then you go and add an elite OA F and/or a 2 year guy and you become a more veteran team for the stretch run. But let the young guys get a ton of action early in the year. Odds are the Petes will go all-in and finish 1st place but if the Gens can finish in that 3 spot and win a series and then give the Central division winner (probably Sudbury) a run in round 2. Not a bad place to be for a team who had a ton of question marks coming into the season

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
As we await the Walker suspension, rookie Brandt Clarke wasn't suspended for this nasty headshot on Byfield.... LOL

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Some thought Ottawa might sell off and challenge for the mem cup next year but they just traded 3 3rds for OA Joseph Garreffa. Good news for the Gens Mem cup host hopes next season

Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This stat is so unbelievable considering the Petes have had some pretty good teams over this last 9 years, but it's true

Side note: what would you do with Noel tonight? They badly need to get him engaged tonight but when they put Harrison on the top line with Tullio/McShane, they were by far the best line in the SAR game. MacLean/Neumann dominate possession no matter who they play with, so they don't need a Noel but that could be a way to get him going to add him to that line

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Side note: what would you do with Noel tonight? They badly need to get him engaged tonight but when they put Harrison on the top line with Tullio/McShane, they were by far the best line in the SAR game. MacLean/Neumann dominate possession no matter who they play with, so they don't need a Noel but that could be a way to get him going to add him to that line
I would trade Noel and Antropov
You asked.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
You asked.
I agree! Before Noel came back from suspension Suni with Tulio and McShane were unstoppable. Put them back together. Put Harrison with McLean and Neumann, and Winterton with Gagnier and McKinney.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You asked.

By trading Noel you’re saying it’s all about next year. So why would you get rid of Antropov, who’s probably their 3rd best forward who’s due back next year(assuming McShane gets signed)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I agree! Before Noel came back from suspension Suni with Tulio and McShane were unstoppable. Put them back together. Put Harrison with McLean and Neumann, and Winterton with Gagnier and McKinney.

If they do trade Noel, it won’t happen before the deadline. You’ll get way more for him if he makes team Canada, which many think he will

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Toughest call of the season so far..

Let’s go Gens 5-4 in an overtime thriller, McShane with the winner.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Not a good weekend for the Gennies. More concerning is the status of McShane though. Wasn’t able to make it to the arena tonight, but did anyone see what actually happened to him?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Another game it’s hard to be mad about. Petes came out and crushed them in possession in the first but the Gens dominated most of the 2nd and then all of the 3rd. But again like the Sarnia game, it was a momentary lapse late in the 2nd that decided the game

Based on roster construction and how many 2000 born players they have, that Petes team should be the best in the league when all is said and done this year so very encouraging to outplay them for large stretches of the game (and all of those stretches without McShane). Hunter Jones is clearly the best goalie in the league though. Hopefully he can do that for Canada at the WJ this year

as a leafs fan, I was really disappointed with Nick Robertson tonight. All I’ve heard is how dominant he is this season but he tried to do way too much nearly every time he touched the puck and finished with no points and 9 turnovers, as well as taking the penalty that the Gens scored on. Just a bad night for him I guess. You can tel when he did have the puck that’s he’s a natural goal scorer

Biggest bright spot from tonight was probably Andrew MacLean. Stopped 28/30 and the only 2 he gave up were both breakaways

I’ll ask around and see if I can hear why McShane didn’t return for the 2nd or 3rd

Last edited:

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
I’ll disagree with you GensUpdates on the domination of the two periods. I saw the third as that but Peterborough was also trying to sit on the lead. Really tonight neither team impressed me. Very sloppy and 18 is just daydreaming out there I really don’t understand it. He does not look like a 2nd round NHL pick. Their team chemistry has left them right now. Not a lot of communication out there. Interesting at the end of the game Resnick was calling the captain to bring the team to centre for the salut and he said no then slammed his stick and helmet went right off. They had an off weekend maybe next they’ll get back on track. Again overall pretty boring sloppy game to bring a UK friend who’s never seen hockey.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I’ll disagree with you GensUpdates on the domination of the two periods. I saw the third as that but Peterborough was also trying to sit on the lead. Really tonight neither team impressed me. Very sloppy and 18 is just daydreaming out there I really don’t understand it. He does not look like a 2nd round NHL pick. Their team chemistry has left them right now. Not a lot of communication out there. Interesting at the end of the game Resnick was calling the captain to bring the team to centre for the salut and he said no then slammed his stick and helmet went right off. They had an off weekend maybe next they’ll get back on track. Again overall pretty boring sloppy game to bring a UK friend who’s never seen hockey.

Agree that it was sloppy hockey on both sides. The Gens are pretty good at pressuring offensively and forcing the other team into mistakes, especially if they don't have their winger close for a pass option. Results wise it was an off weekend but in terms of how they played I don't think it was that bad. Petes dominated the 1st period, Gens dominated the 3rd, even if we say the 2nd period was 50/50 (I thought the Gens had much more possession in the 2nd) then still that's a 50/50 game against probably the best team in the league.

And the Sarnia game is kind of a write off because the team played pretty well after the 1st period, the goaltending was just really, really bad. Outshot them 46-25. MacLean had a big bounce back performance tonight though standing toe-for-toe with the best goalie in the league.

What is concerning is their starts though. More often than not the other team comes out and outplays the Gens badly in the first then the Gens come out flying for the 2nd and 3rd and dominate but you can't be giving teams that are as good or better than you these great starts and expect to win the game.

Still don't know how the Kyle MacLean wide open in the slot chance with 20 seconds left didn't go in

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Be careful. I tried saying that once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad