Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Gens looked good at times but you can’t lapse against a good team. We’re lucky the Petes missed the net more than they hit it or they would have run away with the game. No doom and gloom here, just wished they adjusted more after the Friday disaster. I hope this gets them back on track.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I agree with both nerf27's and naz' recent observations and comments re Noel and Antropov. Andropov has been a disappointment since being drafted. I think he was selected more on 'bloodlines' than skill. Noel has great physical attributes but looks ungainly and does not seem to have the right tools (mentally) in his toolbox plus he does not have the consistent drive I would like to see. Another McCarron? Also think the chemistry is not there with this team. They seem to get off to slow starts and I think were badly outshot in the opening period of the three games I have seen. just sayin'!

Reactions: Chipmunk

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
I agree with both nerf27's and naz' recent observations and comments re Noel and Antropov. Andropov has been a disappointment since being drafted. I think he was selected more on 'bloodlines' than skill. Noel has great physical attributes but looks ungainly and does not seem to have the right tools (mentally) in his toolbox plus he does not have the consistent drive I would like to see. Another McCarron? Also think the chemistry is not there with this team. They seem to get off to slow starts and I think were badly outshot in the opening period of the three games I have seen. just sayin'!
I want to clarify that I don’t think the sky is falling. I think this is a good competitive team. I think missing Ennis’s Minutes on the back end hurts them and exposes some other D. Antropov started great but seems like a hot cold guy. More cold than hot but was and still am hoping he can turn that around. My biggest question is Noel. The guy can dominate when he wants to. The want is totally missing so far. Maybe something is wrong. Maybe the 5 game suspension messed him up? Starts of games are on the coach in my opinion. I don’t believe Walters is a bad coach. In fact he was losing his mind on the bench last night at the lack of effort. Who knows what goes on in the room or if there is flu going around or whatever. But once again sky is not falling. They are 9-2. No reason they can’t get back on track. Hope McShane is not too banged up.

Reactions: Chipmunk

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Big key in your post is Ennis
He’s missed.

I want to clarify that I don’t think the sky is falling. I think this is a good competitive team. I think missing Ennis’s Minutes on the back end hurts them and exposes some other D. Antropov started great but seems like a hot cold guy. More cold than hot but was and still am hoping he can turn that around. My biggest question is Noel. The guy can dominate when he wants to. The want is totally missing so far. Maybe something is wrong. Maybe the 5 game suspension messed him up? Starts of games are on the coach in my opinion. I don’t believe Walters is a bad coach. In fact he was losing his mind on the bench last night at the lack of effort. Who knows what goes on in the room or if there is flu going around or whatever. But once again sky is not falling. They are 9-2. No reason they can’t get back on track. Hope McShane is not too banged up.

Reactions: Nerf27

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Could not agree more with Jaycro, Ner27 and Naz. However I did think Noel was more engaged last night. It was possibly his best effort of the season. The slow start may have been fallout from Friday night's poor goaltending. It looked like everyone was trying to prevent shots at our net rather than thinking offense. Full marks to McLean (Andrew) for a great comeback effort.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

On the “bloodlines” comment on Antropov, he did lead the Toronto Marlboros in points in his minor midget year. And that team had Akil Thomas, Allan McShane and Kevin Bahl on it. He had 36 goals and 36 assists for 72 points in 56 games. So not like he wasn’t a top prospect and projected to be a top ohl guy. But yea, hasnt lived up so far. His skating clearly being the biggest issue. Although his size and traits do lend to being a good OA next year. Right now he’s a threat on the powerplay but not much of a factor 5-on-5

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
On the “bloodlines” comment on Antropov, he did lead the Toronto Marlboros in points in his minor midget year. And that team had Akil Thomas, Allan McShane and Kevin Bahl on it. He had 36 goals and 36 assists for 72 points in 56 games. So not like he wasn’t a top prospect and projected to be a top ohl guy. But yea, hasnt lived up so far. His skating clearly being the biggest issue. Although his size and traits do lend to being a good OA next year. Right now he’s a threat on the powerplay but not much of a factor 5-on-5
At times he looks so engaged and can be great down low. His IQ comes to question. When he started the year banging in rebounds I thought ok he’s got it that’s his game. All of a sudden that’s gone.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
At times he looks so engaged and can be great down low. His IQ comes to question. When he started the year banging in rebounds I thought ok he’s got it that’s his game. All of a sudden that’s gone.

What makes no sense to me is they put him in the corner on the PP last night when McShane went out. Clearly he is a beast when he's in front of the net so put him there. No idea why he was working out of the corner on the PP. Let the McShane/Tullio/Suni/Neumann guys work in the corner and have Antropov causing havoc out front.

Reactions: Nerf27

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
What makes no sense to me is they put him in the corner on the PP last night when McShane went out. Clearly he is a beast when he's in front of the net so put him there. No idea why he was working out of the corner on the PP. Let the McShane/Tullio/Suni/Neumann guys work in the corner and have Antropov causing havoc out front.
Said the same thing. Maybe Walters still tweaking? A lot of things don’t make sense right now

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Went back and watched and McShane had his last shift of the game in the 1st period with 3 minutes left. He spent the shift away from the puck and eventually dumped it in and went off on a change, never came into contact with anyone so not sure what happened. Maybe he was just sick?

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Went back and watched and McShane had his last shift of the game in the 1st period with 3 minutes left. He spent the shift away from the puck and eventually dumped it in and went off on a change, never came into contact with anyone so not sure what happened. Maybe he was just sick?
Thank you for looking. I was at the game and didn't spot anything either. Let's hope you are right and it was just something minor.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
The Walker thing is so weird. 17 days now and still no suspension announced for what realistically was a charging minor. Don't really see any reason why its taken this long. Even if the Gens have released him or something the league should be announcing the suspension so Walker could sign on with another team or go to Jr A/Jr B
Maybe the suspension wheel of Branch needs some WD40
This is ridiculous

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Re-Walker
Suspended indefinitely
Pretty clear English. Don’t hold your breath for info from the OHL.

There’s been a bunch of indefinite suspensions over the last couple years though. That just means they need to meet with the player. Branch met with Walker 10 days ago now....

just announce a “2019-2020 season” length so they can’t have him as an option anymore and Hunt can turn his focus into Lodnia... haha

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
There’s been a bunch of indefinite suspensions over the last couple years though. That just means they need to meet with the player. Branch met with Walker 10 days ago now....

just announce a “2019-2020 season” length so they can’t have him as an option anymore and Hunt can turn his focus into Lodnia... haha
That’s all based on who he is. Crazy suspension for that particular play. I guess baseball swings of the stick are a better choice for a lower suspension

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Is Walker still practicing with the Gens? Seems odd for the league to hold a player hostage like this. Honestly, either shit, or get off the pot.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Another contender out of the elite OA picture as the Petes settle for Hudson Wilson. They now have their 3 OAs going forward. Shaping into a buyers market for Landry/Lodnia/Struthers/McGregor/Josling/Gordeev

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Why would the Gens want Lodnia or any of those others? That would give them 5 OAs! The OA quality would be majorly enhanced with that addition given we all know who the 3 retained OAs would be. The Gens are not in the running for a Mem Cup this year. Rather we should chase (in order)... Tomasino and Thomas and build for the following year..

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I don't think he was talking about the Gens necessarily. Just in general more sellers than buyers for remaining big name OAs.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Gensupdates, in his twitter, mentioned the Gens might be looking at Lodnia. Doubt they are.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
FINALLY Daniel Walker gets 10 game misconduct anle to return November 8th. Now was that hard, obviously it was as it took almost 3 weeks to decide what he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad