Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I think Hunt dun good but would have preferred Valade over Stepien but I guess that's just being greedy. I assume the Rangers would not give him up as they think they have a chance to make a run this yea.r

Last edited:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
  • To Oshawa
  • Forward Ryan Stepien
  • 2nd Round Selection in 2021
  • 2nd Round Selection in 2022
  • 3rd Round Selection in 2022 (OTT)
  • 3rd Round Selection in 2024 (NIA)
Generals trade:
  • Serron Noel
  • I imagine those draft picks will be going to Niagara :laugh:

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
My favourite part of the year. Reading all the Facebook/Twitter/Instagram comments from people wondering why Hunt is trading away well known players.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I pretty much follow the east what's the deal with the kid from kitchener

Stepien is a nice depth piece IMO. He’s got a really nice shot when he gets it off. But what I like most about his game is the high compete on the forecheck. Always finishes hits on opposing defenders.

I think you’ll like him, but obviously the inclusion of the high picks is to offset not getting one of Kitcheners 02s

Reactions: dirty12

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
My favourite part of the year. Reading all the Facebook/Twitter/Instagram comments from people wondering why Hunt is trading away well known players.
Oh man it’s so bad. The Facebook comments alone on the gens posts are so funny

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I think Gross is the only other tradeable player, but is a little more of a challenge for Hunt to trade, I'll be happy if Gross is not traded and take a chance he will return as an OA.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Whatever the picks are for tomasino 6or 8 picks I really like this move by hunt pay more for the guy he knew he wanted but get him now no bidding war next year looks good for the gens I’ll be coming down for a cpl mem cup games next year. Of and no player going niagara’s way can you say fleeced!

Reactions: Nerf27

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think Gross is the only other tradeable player, but is a little more of a challenge for Hunt to trade, I'll be happy if Gross is not traded and take a chance he will return as an OA.

I’d prefer him keep Gross. He makes the PP and PK so much better. A Tullio-McShane-Tomasino-Neumann-Gross PP unit is a nightmare for other teams

Reactions: Naz

The Little General

Mar 30, 2017
Oh man it’s so bad. The Facebook comments alone on the gens posts are so funny

Gens Updates, is it possible this is the other part of the Big Deal with the Ice Dogs last year and Tomasino was the last piece of the puzzle? Just curious - I guess possible? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens Updates, is it possible this is the other part of the Big Deal with the Ice Dogs last year and Tomasino was the last piece of the puzzle? Just curious - I guess possible? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

it’s possible I guess, although that means the trade was 3.5 years of Moore and 1.5 years of Tomasino for 0.5 years of Studnicka and Brassard

That’s a massive, massive win for the Gens if it’s one big trade. And add in the fact the Gens knocked them out in that 0.5 years of Studnicka/Brassard window lol

Reactions: The Little General

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
If so, who gets demoted? #11? He has regressed this year but still has the 2nd half to regain form. He played well last year and we are only at the mid pt this season.

#5, #42, #12, #66, #25 all merit continued ice and development. An OA D man would have to be a significant upgrade to warrant any move and would cost Hunt serious picks. He should save his cookies for Harley this summer or next trade deadline.

A major push for Harley now would all but lock the M Cup bid. The Tomasino acquisition may already put us there with the following top forwards next year being:

Suni
Tully
McShane
Tomasino
Harrison
Winterton
Gagnier
Michaud
et al

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Is Hunt done trading? I would like an OA dman but only if it comes on the cheap side, whats your thoughts.

That would help. 15th in league GF. Trades yesterday should help but some support from the backend perhaps

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I would not label Winterton, Gagnier, Michaud etc.'top forwards'.They barely played this year. I think the Gens are rather thin compared to the Mem Cup lineup we had.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I personally would be fine leaving the D how it is, they have 6 legit OHL Dmen, but wouldn’t mind adding a cheaper OA forward for the 3rd line

Tullio-Tomasino-Suni
McShane-Neumann-Harrison
OA forward-MacLean-Stepien
McKinney-Gagnier-Winterton/Michaud
extras: McSorley,

Ennis-Gross
Moore-Brewer
Vallati-Jesus
extras: Pitt, Whittaker

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
What's the holdup on the Tomasino announcement? Are the Burkes backing out of a deal again?

Reactions: boknows

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hunt has 13 2nds and 8 3rds right now before the Tomasino trade. Even after the 6-8 picks it'll cost for Tomasino, he's still in a great spot going into next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad