Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
While im surprised at what Oshawa paid for Kooy (especially cause we only gave up 3rd) ignore his numbers in Sarnia.. Trust me.. No goalie in the league would have good numbers playing for the sting.

He is a good goalie. He recently stopped 44/49 in Saginaw after missing almost 2 months with a concussion. With a proper defence in front of him his numbers will be good

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
The Oshawa #Generals acquire Jordan Kooy from the Sarnia #Sting in exchange for a Windsor 2nd round pick ('20), an Oshawa 5th round pick ('22) and a conditional Kitchener 3rd round pick ('24)
I like the trade. Come into next season with Kooy and Paputsakis. Ideally after a full season, you hope Paps comes into camp and shows a huge improvement making Kooy expendable.

Reactions: Naz

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Gee, it's nice to see some positivity at this time of the year StingUpdates! Well done!

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Yeah maybe we over paid for Kooy ( it was only draft picks you always can get those back) but I'm glad Hunt is try to improve the General's instead of doing nothing. :thumbu:

Reactions: howlman

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Kooy won't have long before he faces his old team Sarnia as the generals are in Sarnia Friday.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Kooy won't have long before he faces his old team Sarnia as the generals are in Sarnia Friday.
I think Kooy always knew he wouldn't end the season in Sarnia, so I don't expect this clash to phase him much. March 8 in London though? Look forward to watching Kooy stand on his head just to prove the Hunters wrong.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
MacLean to NIA for a 5th

Got him from OS for a 5th as well so it's a wash. Got 11 wins for free

He'll get to start for them the rest of the year while Tynan is out

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
He was drafted and for good reason. Something went wrong and he’s not right yet. Will he get back to form is the question. Can he swallow his pride and play behind a rookie. Can he stay healthy. Interesting to see. He has baggage.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
He was drafted and for good reason. Something went wrong and he’s not right yet. Will he get back to form is the question. Can he swallow his pride and play behind a rookie. Can he stay healthy. Interesting to see. He has baggage.

agreed with Naz. You don’t spend 2nd+5th to get a guy to be a backup, MacLean could’ve done that. They feel there’s a legit shot Kooy can be a #1 on a Memorial Cup team next year

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I think it is just being ricocheted around other (Kitchener's) sites to ease the boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad