Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Some Tomasino notes:

-Will wear #26 for the Gens
-On pace for 107 points this season
-Comes to OSH on a 7 game point streak
-Has points in 13 of his last 14 games and has 30 points in those 13 games

Looks like I'm driving to Windsor tonight now lol. They're a good team, should be a good game

Reactions: sbpointer

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Sorry...brain dead after that announcement... blinded by all the 2nds including that one!

Reactions: dirty12

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Regarding Tomasino finding his way to Oshawa this season, I won't say "I told youso" but....

Ah hell, I TOLD YOU SO!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I like the Tomasino deal. Yes it was steep BUT you stockpiled last season at the TDL and could afford it. You should get some valuable playoff experience this year for the “real run” next year. AND it can be a crapshoot sometimes with player movement at this point of the season whether they can gel and settle in. This way the team and Tomasino can settle in and have a training camp together and focus on the 20-21 goal of a Memorial Cup. I think it’s an awesome move and again if you overpaid it’s OK you still are in great shape and can add next season as well!! All good......

Reactions: Whatanathol

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Now I need you to say Perfetti and/or Harley are coming to Oshawa next year.... haha

I did say Perfetti but I got that one wrong. I said Noel would go to Saginaw for picks and then picks and a player would end up back in Saginaw for Perfetti. Maybe part 2 of that will still happen?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Tomasino is good but not that good to give up that much...what are ya thinking Mr Hunt.. think u got fleeced there

A picks deal next year would be at minimum three 2nds and three 3rds. Probably four 2nds.

I'd say this is a very good deal in so far as they had to give up zero players.

Reactions: Nerf27

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I like the Tomasino deal. Yes it was steep BUT you stockpiled last season at the TDL and could afford it. You should get some valuable playoff experience this year for the “real run” next year. AND it can be a crapshoot sometimes with player movement at this point of the season whether they can gel and settle in. This way the team and Tomasino can settle in and have a training camp together and focus on the 20-21 goal of a Memorial Cup. I think it’s an awesome move and again if you overpaid it’s OK you still are in great shape and can add next season as well!! All good......

The training camp thing is a good point. Tomasino will be on Team Canada next year so if you wait until next year to get him, that's a super, super busy December/January for him. Now he's already settled into oshawa for a full season, can go play for Canada and come back and be comfortable here already, not needing to then uproot his life and move cities

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Threads been going wild today so I apologize if I've missed any guesses. I only have GensFan2k2 and Nerf27 for guesses for tonight in Windsor so far. If anyone else already guessed just post it again because I missed it

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Walker having season ending shoulder surgery (threw it out in the Paquette fight) so Cole Resnick has been added to the roster to replace him. OAs will finish the year as Resnick-MacLean-Neumann

Resnick is switching his number to 28 so that Tomasino can have 26

Last edited:

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017

Are u serious.. your head is bigger than I thought.. i think i guessed the scores this year right on 4 out of five games but u have me at zero in the standings.. better than what i really think about u

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I guess bringing Resnick back signals that Hunt is done until the summer?

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
i agree you can argue all day long if you think they overpayed or not but he's elite and if it wins you a championship then was it an overpayment?? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->