Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
I know Saginaw has played well this year but after watching the 67’s play Oshawa 8 times this year and watching Saginaw the twice, in my opinion Ottawa is a stronger team. I would take an ohl final with Saginaw right now over an eastern final with Ottawa. Just my opinion though and that’s not saying anything bad about Saginaw just that Ottawa is suffocating and it’s a huge chore to score goals against where as I feel we could score against Saginaw.

Fair opinion. Ottawa May be the favourite however that is different than most likely to win it all. What is most likely is that they will not win it all - i would take the field on that bet. 67 great goaltending and deep forwards. D are doing well but I still think that was an area that could ha e been strenghtened with all those picks in a weak draft. Once the goalie trade happened, should have made one more small upgrade. Favourites perhaps but that is not the most likely ending

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Here’s a look at the current standings and playoff scenarios:
EASTERN CONFERENCE:
1. Ottawa 67’s 101 points
(48-12-3-2) with 3 games left (at PBO, PBO, KGN)
– 67’s have clinched the Hamilton Spectator Trophy as regular season champions and will host either NB or HAM in first round playoffs.
2. Niagara IceDogs 89 points (41-17-7-0) with 3 games left (MISS, at BAR, at NB)
– IceDogs need five points to clinch the Central Division title and second seed in Eastern Conference standings.
3. Oshawa Generals 88 points (42-20-4-0) with 2 games left (at KGN, SBY)
– Generals can only finish as high as third place but no lower than fourth place.
4. Sudbury Wolves 87 points (41-19-3-2) with 3 games left (HAM, at PBO, at OSH)
– Wolves can still finish as high as second place or as low as fourth place.
5. Mississauga Steelheads 69 points (31-27-5-2) with 3 games left (at NIAG, NB, BAR)
– Steelheads need five points to clinch fifth place but can still fall as low as seventh.
6. Peterborough Petes 67 points (32-30-1-2) with 3 games left (OTT, at OTT, SBY)
– Petes can still finish as high as fifth place but no lower than seventh place.
7. Hamilton Bulldogs 63 points (29-32-3-2) with 2 games left (at NB, at SBY)
– Bulldogs can only finish as high as seventh place or as low as eighth place.
8. North Bay Battalion 61 points (28-32-3-2) with 3 games left (HAM, at MISS, NIAG)
– Battalion can still finish as high as sixth place.

Reactions: Whatanathol

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Gens v Petes 1st rounder as distinct possibility. Give the fans what they want boys!

Might want to jump on line quick for games 3 and 4 in Ptbo this Sunday early evening if Gens have game in hand v Wolves. Will sell out quick.

EJNKGens

Jan 1, 2019
If the Gens lose on Sunday, they will face Peterborough in the first round. If they win, who will they face?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
If the Gens lose on Sunday, they will face Peterborough in the first round. If they win, who will they face?

Not necessarily. Petes have 1 game left vs SBY and MISS has one game left vs BAR and PBO is only 1 point ahead of MISS. Mississauga could still finish 5 or 6

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
First round schedule is almost set. The only thing that changes based on PBO/MISS is game 3. The other 6 games are locked in

Game 1: Fri, Mar 22 @ OSH
Game 2: Sun, Mar 24 @ OSH
Game 3: Mon, Mar 25 @ MISS or Tues, Mar 26 @ PBO
Game 4: Thurs, Mar 28 @ MISS/PBO
Game 5: Sat, Mar 30 @ OSH
Game 6: Sun, Mar 31 @ MISS/PBO
Game 7: Tues, Apr 2 @ OSH

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Big game today. here is the scenario:Niagara can't drop below 3rd, while Oshawa can get 3rd spot with any win today and Sudbury loss (of any kind). If both tied with 92 points, Oshawa gets nod via wins in regulation or head-to-head, if required.
Go Gen's Go

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Big game today. here is the scenario:Niagara can't drop below 3rd, while Oshawa can get 3rd spot with any win today and Sudbury loss (of any kind). If both tied with 92 points, Oshawa gets nod via wins in regulation or head-to-head, if required.
Go Gen's Go

Not true. If the Gens win in a shootout, Sudbury would finish 3rd and Gens 4th. First tiebreaker is ROW and both would have 40. 2nd is head to head and Sudbury would win that 6 points to 4 because of the first meeting of the season when Keyser wasn’t back yet

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Not true. If the Gens win in a shootout, Sudbury would finish 3rd and Gens 4th. First tiebreaker is ROW and both would have 40. 2nd is head to head and Sudbury would win that 6 points to 4 because of the first meeting of the season when Keyser wasn’t back yet
Fake news :laugh:

Last edited:

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
They changed it this season. It used to be wins but it’s not anymore. Now it’s ROW (not shootout wins)

So according to the tiebreakers it seems a shootout today would be meaningless. Neither team could move up regardless who would win the shootout under any scenario.

Too bad we can't put a 2 v 3 series together, that would've been fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad