Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
The Generals have done something only two other teams could do, that is beat Ottawa in regulation on their home ice.

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Noticed that as well. March 17 game could be for all the 3rd place marbles.

Was interesting to hear #10 interview yesterday, saying that they really want to finish 3rd. Sounds like they want another crack at Nia'.

Sold out game tonight (single seats only). Should be a gem.

Reactions: three dog night

Sportz57

Oct 11, 2018
The Gens are looking so good and are proving they will be ready for the playoffs. Its a new season in the playoffs, and since the trades the Gens are uniting and continue to play stronger. They are a deep team and have the best record in the league in the last ten games. (8-1-1). They have a tough schedule to wrap up the season but I look at this as great conditioning for the playoffs. Go Gens Go

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Well here goes... Serron Noel is capable of playing better. He's my bet.. Brendon Saeigon is my second.. but that don't count lol

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
That Moore kid is quite the skater, reminds me a bit of Ryan Ellis. Good pick up.

I can't even imagine how good he'll be next year when his foot is fully healed and he’s able to run the PP. Gens fans are super excited about him now, as they should be, but important to keep in mind he hasn't even played in 2 months with the foot issues. Very exciting future for him as a Gen

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Well that was a pathetic effort if I ever seen one.. Coaching staff still juggling lines after game 65? Still haven't figured it out yet. Bottom line is that Ottawa is head and shoulders above Oshawa and most other teams in the east. I know there's not a lot of fighting in hockey anymore but Bahl's drumming of Gross after a whistle on a offside and Keyser receiving a snowshower towards the end of a game should have been met with a little more grit and pride. I still think this coach is in over his head.. let me see lets put our 4th line out against there top line when they get up 3-0? Not much happening for the Gens if they get to round two. Wish they would prove me wrong

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Well that was a pathetic effort if I ever seen one.. Coaching staff still juggling lines after game 65? Still haven't figured it out yet. Bottom line is that Ottawa is head and shoulders above Oshawa and most other teams in the east. I know there's not a lot of fighting in hockey anymore but Bahl's drumming of Gross after a whistle on a offside and Keyser receiving a snowshower towards the end of a game should have been met with a little more grit and pride. I still think this coach is in over his head.. let me see lets put our 4th line out against there top line when they get up 3-0? Not much happening for the Gens if they get to round two. Wish they would prove me wrong

The gens and Ottawa have played 4 times post deadline and the Gens outplayed them twice, Ottawa outplayed them twice. Ottawa’s special teams is a big weakness for them statistically and the gens need to beat them there if they’re going to beat them. PP going 0/5 and the PK giving up 2 goals won’t work against Ottawa ever

It’s easy to say “oh that was the coaches fault”, because that’s a statement that isn’t proveable. Ottawa was very good today at just clogging the neutral zone, waiting until you get frustrated and someone gets caught and then jumping on you. That and special teams was all their goals today. They don’t generate a ton of chances 5-on-5 but they’re good at waiting and picking their spots and capitalizing on odd-man rushes and that’s what they did tonight

Last edited:

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Hoping for three wins this week to get the third seed. I would love to see a series with Niagara. It would be good playoff hockey. Not saying we can win that series but it could be a 6 or 7 gamer. Hope someone else takes Ottawa out , although not likely.
Ottawa is the team to beat and most likely OHL rep at memorial cup but we know anything can happen in playoffs.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Yeah maybe it was pathetic but got 4 out of 6 points this weekend :thumbu:

Reactions: Generalsupdates

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Hoping for three wins this week to get the third seed. I would love to see a series with Niagara. It would be good playoff hockey. Not saying we can win that series but it could be a 6 or 7 gamer. Hope someone else takes Ottawa out , although not likely.
Ottawa is the team to beat and most likely OHL rep at memorial cup but we know anything can happen in playoffs.

Do not over look Sag. Guelph too but goaltending might let them down. London always dangerous but Sag might be the team to beat. This year is still up for grabs. I would not agree that 67 are most likely going to win it all. Would take the field on that bet every day!

Reactions: three dog night

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I know there's not a lot of fighting in hockey anymore but Bahl's drumming of Gross after a whistle on a offside and Keyser receiving a snowshower towards the end of a game should have been met with a little more grit and pride.
They'll probably see similar against Kingston with the back to back. That team seems frustrated as hell and had no problem trying to stir things up against the Petes in their recent back to backs.

Oshawa probably best to just skate away with the free four points, with the playoffs so close, no need to get into that nonsense against a last place team.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Do not over look Sag. Guelph too but goaltending might let them down. London always dangerous but Sag might be the team to beat. This year is still up for grabs. I would not agree that 67 are most likely going to win it all. Would take the field on that bet every day!

I know Saginaw has played well this year but after watching the 67’s play Oshawa 8 times this year and watching Saginaw the twice, in my opinion Ottawa is a stronger team. I would take an ohl final with Saginaw right now over an eastern final with Ottawa. Just my opinion though and that’s not saying anything bad about Saginaw just that Ottawa is suffocating and it’s a huge chore to score goals against where as I feel we could score against Saginaw.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
What a race down to the final week.....

Gens HFBoards Standings:
Last Game Calculated: Mar 10 vs OTT

GensFan2k2: 53
GeneralsUpdates: 52
GeneralConversation: 40
AWagner3018: 11
Pepsihead: 10
Sakic19: 6