Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Moore is an elite talent and he will see ice time over a couple of current defencemen.. Gross included.. Gross is a turnover machine but he is very physical. I thought Blacker would be the odd man out. On another note.. what has happened to Robinson.. to me he was doing very well after coming back from injury but has not played in the last 10 games or so. I think he is an upgrade over Bollers .. maybe coaching staff wnts a little more grit and not finesse. Cheers

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Moore is an elite talent and he will see ice time over a couple of current defencemen.. Gross included.. Gross is a turnover machine but he is very physical. I thought Blacker would be the odd man out. On another note.. what has happened to Robinson.. to me he was doing very well after coming back from injury but has not played in the last 10 games or so. I think he is an upgrade over Bollers .. maybe coaching staff wnts a little more grit and not finesse. Cheers

Blacker will be the odd man out, Gross is sick. And Robinson is dealing with an injury or he’d be in there

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
As I expected after Sudbury got shutout yesterday and Niagara now looks like the easy favs to win their division, it’s probably better to finish 4 than 3 so Keyser gets the full day off today in Ottawa. Hughes wirh Sbrocca as the backup

6-2 OTT, Chmelevski

Reactions: three dog night

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Dont understand why u go with Hughes.. I guess the coaching staff is conceding 4th place in the east. If any thing they should of played Keyser today and Hughes tomorrow night. At least we would have the home barn advantage tomorrow night. I watch the Gens like a religion and I do not like the current coaching style. But hey what do I know. Cheers

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Robinson is a reinjury & Gross is sick, also Moore is going to be a good one. I personally think Mattinen is more a turnover machine than Gross.

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Thats too bad about Robinson.. hopefully a good conditioning stint will help this kid out.. nothing but injuries ever since he's joined Oshawa dating back to training camp

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Dont understand why u go with Hughes.. I guess the coaching staff is conceding 4th place in the east. If any thing they should of played Keyser today and Hughes tomorrow night. At least we would have the home barn advantage tomorrow night. I watch the Gens like a religion and I do not like the current coaching style. But hey what do I know. Cheers

I think having the home barn advantage is exactly why you start Keyser tomorrow. With Niagara winning last night, now health is by far the most important thing going down the stretch and Keyser is the most important guy, no chance he was going all 3. So if you are gonna win a game against Ottawa, which one is more likely? vs DiPietro in OTT or vs Andree in Oshawa? I’d think the 2nd one. Ottawa’s record on the road is much worse and it’s not DiPietro, although he has struggled a bit in OTT so far

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
For sure.. Oshawa will go as far as Keyser takes them.. on a side not is Robinson shut down for the season? I'm not in the circle of insiders and appreciate the feedback. Cheers

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Wasn’t pretty but a win is a win. Hughes was great. Noel needs to learn not to take that penalty late like that. Really no need. Love the team play at the end when Ottawa player puts the puck in the net at the end of the game. Love that grit.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Side note; I guess Greg Walters knows his team better than we do.... except Freedom880, congrats on being the only one to get the winner right today

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
I thought we’d be in for a long night but Hughes proved me wrong. Great showing by him to show his worth.
I’m impressed with Walters’ management of his tenders, not caring about the spotlight and resting his #1 so he doesn’t even do a back to back. Impressive.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Even if the Gens lose today, if they just win their 2 games vs Kingston, then it’ll mean it’s winner take 3rd for the final game of the season vs SBY, no matter what Sudbury does in their games

Reactions: Whatanathol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad