Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
But you put it out on this forum. A forum which is about hockey discussion. Maybe you should just keep it to yourself before you have the urge to publically share nothing.:thumbd:

Reactions: PEPSIHEAD

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Again your the one who posts something . I enquire and you then try and look like the I respect all parties involved guy so feel it’s inappropriate to talk about it. Maybe your fingers should wait that extra moment while your brain figures it out if you should press Reply next time.:huh:

Reactions: PEPSIHEAD

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Again your the one who posts something . I enquire and you then try and look like the I respect all parties involved guy so feel it’s inappropriate to talk about it. Maybe your fingers should wait that extra moment while your brain figures it out if you should press Reply next time.:huh:

Feel free to quote anything I say.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I, for one, hope I was wrong in Post 120 above and that your speculation is also wrong. I strongly want the Gens/Dogs trade to be consummated. I have been holding my breath, but it's taking a long time to get it public. I hope someone who actually knows the truth speaks up ... and soon!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Don't think this affects a potential OSH/NIA trade, but this will help replace Jack because Neumann is actually a better scorer than Jack (Jack obviously the better all around player). Hunt is setting them up nicely for next year which is huge to get 1.5 years from Neumann instead of just getting him next year at the deadline and only get half a year

In the end it'll be Studnicka/Wong/Brassard out but Neumann/Moore in and we'll be getting more picks than we give up. That's a really good return for those 3 guys and sets us up nicely going forward

I think Neumann was the best non-rental available in the entire OHL this deadline. Assuming Hayton and Dellandrea stay put

Reactions: three dog night

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I hope you are right 'updates'! Find out tomorrow? What's the holdup?

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Exactly OMG! So if the Studnicka deal was leaked a week ago, again, what's the holdup? Maybe NHL 'sources' get their info from the same place os OHL people do, or off threads like this?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Exactly OMG! So if the Studnicka deal was leaked a week ago, again, what's the holdup? Maybe NHL 'sources' get their info from the same place os OHL people do, or off threads like this?

I think Niagara sees the Entwistle deal as well as the Neumann deal and is having second thoughts on trading Moore.

Reactions: three dog night

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Can't see the connection between those two deals and the Gens deal. How would that change things regarding Moore...specifically?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

I don't think a Bruins reporter would be scouring the OHL hfboards looking for rumours from fans

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Nice trade. Nuemann will be back next season as an OA. Good value for sure

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Can't see the connection between those two deals and the Gens deal. How would that change things regarding Moore...specifically?

Entwhistle goes for picks. I know it is part of the Bertuzzi deal but Bertuzzi has not impressed and they only get an extra 2nd and 3rd after all the picks shake down.

Then the Neumann deal sees OShawa trade Wong, who hasn’t lit the world on fire either plus a 2nd and 3rd and ONLY a conditional 2nd for an OA year.

I would suggest a guy like Moore may be an overpayment. I would also suggest in light of what we are starting to see, even the Robertson trade now looks like an overpayment.

In light of Neumann probably being an overager, I’d say his value is much higher than Studnicka. No disrepect to Studnicka because I like him as a player much more but I’d rather have Neumann for Wong than Studnicka for Moore. Just sayin....

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Entwhistle goes for picks. I know it is part of the Bertuzzi deal but Bertuzzi has not impressed and they only get an extra 2nd and 3rd after all the picks shake down.

Then the Neumann deal sees OShawa trade Wong, who hasn’t lit the world on fire either plus a 2nd and 3rd and ONLY a conditional 2nd for an OA year.

I would suggest a guy like Moore may be an overpayment. I would also suggest in light of what we are starting to see, even the Robertson trade now looks like an overpayment.

In light of Neumann probably being an overager, I’d say his value is much higher than Studnicka. No disrepect to Studnicka because I like him as a player much more but I’d rather have Neumann for Wong than Studnicka for Moore. Just sayin....

Neumann's value is because he's here for 1.5 years. That doesn't help Niagara who's all in this year. They need the best guy who's going to help them in this year's playoffs.

I present you: Jack Studnicka

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
In a world where mid-tier OA's like Commisso and Salinitri are going for 2 second rounders and more, getting Neumann for this price is a nice coup for Oshawa. I don't think the price would have changed much by next year's deadline.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Neumann's value is because he's here for 1.5 years. That doesn't help Niagara who's all in this year. They need the best guy who's going to help them in this year's playoffs.

I present you: Jack Studnicka

You are missing the point. I’m not saying they should get Neumann. I am saying we are starting to see a trend of less than stellar 17 year olds plus only a couple picks go for stud players.

Moore is a budding superstar. If they are seeing these sorts of deals they wouldn’t be doing their jobs if they didn’t now at least rethink their position.

Brassard is good but if they could use Moore and get Phillips and Suzuki in that deal? I’m not saying that is the case but it is starting to look more and more like prices are depressed more significantly than even I thought.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
OMG...you say you think Niagara is having second thoughts re moving Moore. A little late for that don't you think? By now, things must be signed (heard that happened yesterday), sealed...but not yet delivered?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OMG...you say you think Niagara is having second thoughts re moving Moore. A little late for that don't you think? By now, things must be signed (heard that happened yesterday), sealed...but not yet delivered?

I’m not saying it is true. I am saying if it was actually signed sealed and delivered, Studnicka would not have played last night and it would have been announced already. Why the hold up?

I am speculating that Niagara probably did not sign off on it and maybe planned for the 6th. Seeing these deals, I am suggesting it would be prudent, albeit slimy, to at least see what else is out these in light of these low returns.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
an accepted trade has likely not been handed to the OHL office; otherwise, the deal would have been announced at the same time as the Entswhile trade. Leaks and possibly asking players for waive of NTC would make this an almost done deal. But, the hold up just might be lessening of picks to the Gens in light of lower than normal costs of the other deals made.
Maybe, there is truth to the Tommasino rumour; and now that Neumann was acquired, the trade can be consummated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad