Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Last edited:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
What a soap opera :popcorn:

OHLInsiders‏ @OHLinsidersore
Oshawa & Niagara moving forward with Studnicka/Brassard deal after a stumbling block earlier this week. Owen Sound dangled Suzuki +++ to Niagara and it had Niagara wanting to back out of the Oshawa deal #OHL
10:15 AM - 4 Jan 2019

1. OHLInsiders‏ @OHLinsiders 14m14 minutes ago
      1 reply1 retweet5 likes

problem with that was - Oshawa had already informed their players and it would have been a really shady thing for Niagara to have done at this point Rocco Tullio's relationship with Lleyton Moore through summer hockey certainly helped avoid further conflict. On like Donkey Kong

nofriendsinhockey

Aug 31, 2018
Rocco isnt stupid, he knows how much upside Moore has. The dogs are more interested in short term gain which will hurt them in the long run.
Both Moore and Drysdale (Erie) will be top 5 D in the league next year.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Rocco isnt stupid, he knows how much upside Moore has. The dogs are more interested in short term gain which will hurt them in the long run.

Agreed. I’ve loved Moore and Drysdale since their Marlies days. Check the time stamp on these tweets lol

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

I don't know about next season, but the one after wouldn't surprise me. It was quite a draft for blueliners. Chayka is playing really well and Ryan O'Rourke has probably been the most impressive of the group so far.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I don't know about next season, but the one after wouldn't surprise me. It was quite a draft for blueliners. Chayka is playing really well and Ryan O'Rourke has probably been the most impressive of the group so far.

O’Rourke grew up a Gens fan, so obviously he’d grow up to be really good

Reactions: Fischhaber

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
With Studnicka and Brassard playing tonight, I am suspicious the Gens/Niagara trade was an ill-founded rumour , especially since a new rumour has the Gens moving Wong to Kingston for.??? ...Neumann... maybe and then making a run for it this year? Thoughts?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
With Studnicka and Brassard playing tonight, I am suspicious the Gens/Niagara trade was an ill-founded rumour , especially since a new rumour has the Gens moving Wong to Kingston for.??? ...Neumann... maybe and then making a run for it this year? Thoughts?

I said this in the Niagara thread, but 2 years ago Cirelli came back from the WJ (with the exact same rumours that a trade was done but they were waiting for the WJ freeze to lift) and played 1 game for the Gens before getting traded to Erie for McShane the next day.

If Wong for Neumann trade did happen, that wouldn't signal making a run this year. Neumann isn't a rental, he'll be back next year too. Would be the perfect trade imo because it helps you win a round this year and then Neumann is a strong candidate to be a 100 point guy next year and be one of the best OA's in the league. The Neumann one is all speculation though, wouldn't say that's near a sure thing or even a substantial rumour at this point

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
I don’t give specifics as I firmly believe we should understand the implications that has on a young kid’s/men’s life. Speaking on something that has already been done is ok in my mind, but not something that hasn’t been made public. That’s just me though.

Reactions: Drop the Puck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad