Oshawa Generals 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Congrats gennies, guess we needed an eastern conference team to bring the cup back to the O!

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
As a former employee of the General Motors Car Plant in Oshawa I am so happy for the fans and city for the Generals Memorial Cup win. Congratulations!

Go U Gennies!

Yobbles

Aug 16, 2012
They said Peterborough had a chance, they said Niagara had our number, North Bay will beat us, oh there's no way we beat Erie well now we're Mastercard Memorial Cup Champions baby, I was calling it all year, but nobody would have any of it, what a feeling:handclap:

Who said that? :help:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Congratulations to the Gennies on winning the Mem Cup. Was nice to see ex Ranger Peterson out there at the end. He was a fan favourite in Kitchener basically because he worked so hard and set an example. The Gennies put together a great team with their regular players and some nice additions. Credit to the coaching staff for getting the most value out of their players. The Rockets are a heck of a team. Appleby stood on his head and deserves a ton of credit. Whoever gets him in the pros will be one lucky team. Love the way this guy competes for every puck. Great to see a team from the east win the Championship.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
That Shwa team was a treat to watch. A true team all the way thru the roster and staff.

Enjoy

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The Greyhounds were the #1 ranked CHL team...the Otters had the greatest player...all the Gens have is the Memorial Cup.

And how about the walk-on free agent Anthony Cirelli scoring both goals and 15th round draft pick Chris Carlisle setting up the game-winner.

Oh Baby! (Courtesy Bob Cole).

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I went to more Gens games this season than I ever have. I realized pretty quickly that these guys were something special. Not necessarily Memorial Cup Champs special, but I knew they could go far. Went to games in Peterborough, Niagara, North Bay, Quebec City, Belleville, Kingston.....:yo:

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Game winning hero is only 17. Not even of age in Quebec! I sure hope some of the guys were treating him last night

Yobbles

Aug 16, 2012
Nice to see the congrats from other teams fans. I generally cheer for the OHL team in the Memorial Cup, (I was even cheering for the Petes in '06) nice to see others do as well.

25 years is a long time between championships. When Tavares left the team I thought their best chance at winning was over. Luckily I was wrong!

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Congrats on the Memorial Cup Generals! You guys put on a great show last night! It's always so cool to see these kids rewarded for thier hard work...

rgrsboom

Dec 6, 2014
Sec 7 Row K
Congratulations to the Gens fans, players and management on winning the toughest trophy in all of sport. The fact that you won both the league and the Mem Cup without an 'MVP' is a real testament to the team first mentality that all the guys bought into.
Can't tell you who won the MVP awards going back, but do recall most, if not all of the teams that won going back as far as my old memory will permit. Think all the guys on your team will agree that is the most important trophy to own.
Have a great celebration tomorrow. Mother Nature looks to be in a cooperative spirit for that event!

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Congrats, Gens fans! Great to see McCarron and especially Mermis get a chance to finish the job they started in London. Mermis never seemed to get the appreciation he deserved here in London. Glad to see he went out on a high note....hopefully an NHL club will reward him for all his hard work in the upcoming draft! :handclap:

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
congrats to the gens fans on playing an excellent team game and getting some exciting goaltending from appleby. you are the envy of the nation. wear it well. :yo:

gens90

Mar 16, 2015
Markham
A little delayed in posting but here goes:

Congratulations to the 2015 Mastercard Memorial Cup Champion Oshawa Generals!! This was truly a magical year for hockey in this great city, and it brought the fans together in the best way possible! From the coaching of DJ Smith, straight through to the "stand on your head" goaltending from Kenny Appleby, this team truly deserved to win it all this year! Even though they didn't get the OHL playoff MVP or the Memorial Cup MVP, that is only a living testament to the fact they played as a team throughout the playoffs, and that it takes a team to win championships, not a sole individual.

I was truly blessed to be able to attend numerous Generals games this season, including every single home playoff game, as well as make the crazy 7 hour drive to Quebec for the final game on Sunday. This has been some of the best hockey the GTA has seen in quite some time, and it has been an honour to watch these MEN (not boys) play throughout the year.

Looking forward to what the next season brings, and I can't wait to hear the announcer introduce them as "5-time" memorial cup champs instead of 4 :yo::handclap:

GO GENS GO!!

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
A little delayed in posting but here goes:

Congratulations to the 2015 Mastercard Memorial Cup Champion Oshawa Generals!! This was truly a magical year for hockey in this great city, and it brought the fans together in the best way possible! From the coaching of DJ Smith, straight through to the "stand on your head" goaltending from Kenny Appleby, this team truly deserved to win it all this year! Even though they didn't get the OHL playoff MVP or the Memorial Cup MVP, that is only a living testament to the fact they played as a team throughout the playoffs, and that it takes a team to win championships, not a sole individual.

I was truly blessed to be able to attend numerous Generals games this season, including every single home playoff game, as well as make the crazy 7 hour drive to Quebec for the final game on Sunday. This has been some of the best hockey the GTA has seen in quite some time, and it has been an honour to watch these MEN (not boys) play throughout the year.

Looking forward to what the next season brings, and I can't wait to hear the announcer introduce them as "5-time" memorial cup champs instead of 4 :yo::handc

GO GENS GO!!

He did already (Terry Johnson) on Sunday @ the Buffalo Wild Wings Gen's Memorial Party :laugh:

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
Heading out to the parade now. Go Gens Go!!

Also some very classy posts by other OHL fans around the league. Greatly appreciated all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad