Oshawa Generals 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
As for Dal Colle, the Islanders have shown they are very patient with their prospects (ie. Strome). I would love to see him make the NHL, but if he can come back and make us competitive, through either his own play or his value in a trade, then im totally fine with him coming back.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Kyle MacLean committed to Northeastern U. last October.

That's what I thought. Just seeing some posts on the gens board that there are whispers he might come to the Gens. Wouldn't surprise me since his Dad was a General and his uncle and grandparents still live in Oshawa.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
That's what I thought. Just seeing some posts on the gens board that there are whispers he might come to the Gens. Wouldn't surprise me since his Dad was a General and his uncle and grandparents still live in Oshawa.

He could of change his mind it was last October that Kyle committed to Northwestern. Time will tell.

darmitage

May 13, 2012

is that John MacLeans son by any chance?

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Yes it is, and MacLean and DeBoer are pretty well connected from New Jersey. Id be willing to bet he signs with Oshawa.

wow I have great memories of John MacLeans in Oshawa he was on the 1982-83 team that team was even better and stronger than this team in my opinion John was great is there a chance Kyle will be coming to Oshawa?

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013
wow I have great memories of John MacLeans in Oshawa he was on the 1982-83 team that team was even better and stronger than this team in my opinion John was great is there a chance Kyle will be coming to Oshawa?

Zero clue, just know that DeBoer and him have NJ ties, im assuming DeBoer is still an owner in Oshawa.

gens90

Mar 16, 2015
Markham
Sunday is almost upon us! That was a wild semi-final game that showed Quebec fans being stupid by littering the ice when calls did not go their way. They showed no class, and deserved to get throttled by Kelowna in that game. I'm glad I won't have to deal with those shenanigans when I go to Quebec for the game tomorrow!

Speaking of, this is going to be one tough game, with Kelowna coming off such a dominating performance, the Gens need to get them off their game from the get go and get ahead to gain a huge advantage. If the Gens stick to the cycle game, they will win! Should be a great game against the two best teams in Canada!! GO GENS GO :yo:

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Sunday is almost upon us! That was a wild semi-final game that showed Quebec fans being stupid by littering the ice when calls did not go their way. They showed no class, and deserved to get throttled by Kelowna in that game. I'm glad I won't have to deal with those shenanigans when I go to Quebec for the game tomorrow!

Speaking of, this is going to be one tough game, with Kelowna coming off such a dominating performance, the Gens need to get them off their game from the get go and get ahead to gain a huge advantage. If the Gens stick to the cycle game, they will win! Should be a great game against the two best teams in Canada!! GO GENS GO :yo:

you are sure right and in my opinion the Refs are 80 per cent of the game win or lose but saying that I think the Refs have done a good job on both sides in the OHL Finals and Memorial Cup I can,t believe posters are complaining about more calls but if we get powerplays that means Kelowna will too

gens90

Mar 16, 2015
Markham
you are sure right and in my opinion the Refs are 80 per cent of the game win or lose but saying that I think the Refs have done a good job on both sides in the OHL Finals and Memorial Cup I can,t believe posters are complaining about more calls but if we get powerplays that means Kelowna will too

To be honest, posters can complain all they want about the refs, but the end result is still the same...Oshawa's style is better suited towards the "let 'em play" style and hopefully we won't see too many penalties on either side...Should be an entertaining hockey game and I hope I will get to witness history when I go to Quebec tomorrow :handclap:

darmitage

May 13, 2012
To be honest, posters can complain all they want about the refs, but the end result is still the same...Oshawa's style is better suited towards the "let 'em play" style and hopefully we won't see too many penalties on either side...Should be an entertaining hockey game and I hope I will get to witness history when I go to Quebec tomorrow :handclap:

I agree on all sides and have a super good time, do you happen to know if you can hear the sound of the big screen TV at Buffalo Wings? I have never been to Buffalo Wings so I don,t know thinking about going up tomorrow night I have been to places where you can,t hear the sound when Hockey is on just thought you might know

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Definitely going to be a tough game tomorrow. Yes Oshawa won the previous match, but lets be real here, Kelowna had some really good chances that Appleby stopped or the posts/crossbar bailed him out. That game could have easily gone the Rockets way. Either way, its been great getting to see so much hockey out of this Gens team this year.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I agree on all sides and have a super good time, do you happen to know if you can hear the sound of the big screen TV at Buffalo Wings? I have never been to Buffalo Wings so I don,t know thinking about going up tomorrow night I have been to places where you can,t hear the sound when Hockey is on just thought you might know

Sound is very good and the atmosphere even better
GO GEN'S GO

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

The sound should be up, there's no NHL or NBA games on so the place should mostly be showing the Gens game. I watched the Canada vs Sweden Gold Medal game there and it was pretty loud.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Or you could come down to Quebec City. Lots of seats available, great atmosphere and only around 7 hour drive. Leave around 9 am and you will have lots of time to enjoy gabfest and game .
Let's Go Gennies!!

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Definitely going to be a tough game tomorrow. Yes Oshawa won the previous match, but lets be real here, Kelowna had some really good chances that Appleby stopped or the posts/crossbar bailed him out. That game could have easily gone the Rockets way. Either way, its been great getting to see so much hockey out of this Gens team this year.

I would say Appleby is a better goalie than Jackson Whistle?I'll tell you now cheap penality calls could put us down in the game but remember we have last chance if it really matters when you get down to it
Also read Oshawa Express paper that a parade is being planned for June 2 now I'm not sure if its only if Oshawa wins the Cup or just because of there success this year breaking all time record, I think that's a good idea win or lose the Final because I think OHL Championship is just as important many think even more, Oshawa Generals are Champions win or lose tomorrow

Last edited:

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015
The quest began on March 27th against the Petes, we all knew 20 pucks would bring the prize back to Oshawa, 19 are out of the way, there is one more left.
You are the best Junior team in Canada, go out tomorrow night and let's seal the deal.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The bulk of the players on this Generals team gathered together for the first time on the opening day of training camp...August 27, 2014. That's 9 months + 4 days ago and including the pre-season, tonight will be their 99th game played.

This group, of course, will never be together again as in less than 3 months a new season will start with just 12 of them returning.

Go Gens Go!

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015
Half way through the second...come on DJ...Time out is in order, your team is getting schooled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad