Oshawa Generals 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofer

Apr 1, 2014
Wahoo! Well done Gens. Best of luck in QC.:handclap:

A story like cerelli's would never have been told in years gone by since most of these GM'S strictly work from the list and almost never from the gut. An absolutely fantastic job done by the Gennies front office and on down to the bench. GREAT JOB!

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Hope everyone had a good time at the celebration tonight. I definitely had an awesome time. Was hoping to get some autographs, but I wanted to stay outside and catch the parade, so I ended up getting seats in the stands. Looked like a lot of young ones down on the floor, so good on them for taking in such a special moment. I'm enjoying this while in my 20's, I cant even imagine how nuts I would be going if I was still in elementary school and getting to see this unfold.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
A story like cerelli's would never have been told in years gone by since most of these GM'S strictly work from the list and almost never from the gut. An absolutely fantastic job done by the Gennies front office and on down to the bench. GREAT JOB!

Kelowna was outplaying us till cerelli's goal that was for sure in the 2nd period, it could have been 4-0 Kelowna at the end of the 1st Appleby stole that game bottom line Appleby won the Memorial Cup for us Oshawa played good in the 3rd and overtime, it sure turned out GREAT

road warrior

May 25, 2014
Congratulations to the Generals on the Memorial Cup Championship.

Appleby played great all year and he definitely was the best General on the ice in that final game. It’s a shame he didn’t get the tourney MVP – he should certainly get the General’s team MVP title when it’s announced. I trust his performance in the national spotlight will result in him being signed to a pro contract.

Got to wonder if DJ Smith will get scooped up by a pro team too. He’s done a great job in his 3 years coaching the team. The leafs have a lot of coaching vacancies to fill – Smith should get some serious consideration along with Keefe. The Leaf’s have already scooped up 3 OHL GM’s in the last year – so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they start pinching coaches now too

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Congratulations to the Generals on the Memorial Cup Championship.

Appleby played great all year and he definitely was the best General on the ice in that final game. It’s a shame he didn’t get the tourney MVP – he should certainly get the General’s team MVP title when it’s announced. I trust his performance in the national spotlight will result in him being signed to a pro contract.

Got to wonder if DJ Smith will get scooped up by a pro team too. He’s done a great job in his 3 years coaching the team. The leafs have a lot of coaching vacancies to fill – Smith should get some serious consideration along with Keefe. The Leaf’s have already scooped up 3 OHL GM’s in the last year – so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they start pinching coaches now too

you are right Appleby should for sure of been MVP he took us to Canadian Glory but last night at the Ceremony I think Rocco Tullio at least could have thanked Jeff Twohey Jeff drafted 85 per cent of the Oshawa Generals these players are from Jeff Twohey I guess Rocco wanted all the glory outside of maybe 6 players

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
you are right Appleby should for sure of been MVP he took us to Canadian Glory but last night at the Ceremony I think Rocco Tullio at least could have thanked Jeff Twohey Jeff drafted 85 per cent of the Oshawa Generals these players are from Jeff Twohey I guess Rocco wanted all the glory outside of maybe 6 players

Give me a break. Rocco never once said "I " he said we. Jeff Twohey is gone no need to thank him at this celebration. All you do is complain. They win the entire championship for the CHL and you complain. Isn't it time for you to move on? So I guess next you will complain about the team next year? They won it all! Be happy for a change instead of making this blog negative please I beg you.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Will the Gens be announcing the signing of Studnicka anytime soon? Figured they would take some time to enjoy the win, just wondering when we'll start to hear about our signings.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Give me a break. Rocco never once said "I " he said we. Jeff Twohey is gone no need to thank him at this celebration. All you do is complain. They win the entire championship for the CHL and you complain. Isn't it time for you to move on? So I guess next you will complain about the team next year? They won it all! Be happy for a change instead of making this blog negative please I beg you.

I can tell you haven,t been around long I speak the truth not as a homer I never complain and only for Jeff Twohey no championship he drafted the players its not a big deal

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I can tell you haven,t been around long I speak the truth not as a homer I never complain and only for Jeff Twohey no championship he drafted the players its not a big deal

All I have to say check your facts because none of it is true.
:shakehead

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

Twohey was involved in the Vande Sompel/Harding draft, but he was hired after Dal Colle was drafted. Really, Chris DePiero is responsible for a lot of the core that the team was built around. He drafted Brown, Appleby, Cassels, Petschenig, Latour, Carlisle, Desrocher, Manchurek, and Dal Colle. Traded for Wallace and Smith too. He was replaced by Twohey in 2012 just after the draft. Twohey does deserve some credit for sticking with this group of players and not trading anyone away for useless pieces. He did bring in Sterk, who was a good acquisition and fit in well with this team.

Last edited:

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Twohey was involved in the Vande Sompel/Harding draft, but he was hired after Dal Colle was drafted. Really, Chris DePiero is responsible for a lot of the core that the team was built around. He drafted Brown, Appleby, Cassels, Petschenig, Latour, Carlisle, Desrocher, Manchurek, and Dal Colle. Traded for Wallace and Smith too. He was replaced by Twohey in 2012 just after the draft. Twohey does deserve some credit for sticking with this group of players and not trading anyone away for useless pieces. He did bring in Sterk, who was a good acquisition and fit in well with this team.

I guess he does and last year he was involved in the draft too it was after the draft Rocco let him go or whatever happened Twohey might not have drafted every player but he rebuilt the team, I'm going to say he had a lot to do with Oshawa winning the Memorial Cup but Appleby was the big reason bailing us out game after game

Last edited:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I guess he does and last year he was involved in the draft too it was after the draft Rocco let him go or whatever happened Twohey might not have drafted every player but he rebuilt the team, I'm going to say he had a lot to do with Oshawa winning the Memorial Cup but Appleby was the big reason bailing us out game after game

Well you did say 85 per cent :laugh: don't know what happened but what I heard he was let go because of his draft drafted small players, and drafted 3 goaltenders in the same draft.
Yeah Appleby did bailed out the team but the team bailed Appleby the 1st two games ;) Generals won the Cup enjoy and quit trying to find faults

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Well you did say 85 per cent :laugh: don't know what happened but what I heard he was let go because of his draft drafted small players, and drafted 3 goaltenders in the same draft.
Yeah Appleby did bailed out the team but the team bailed Appleby the 1st two games ;) Generals won the Cup enjoy and quit trying to find faults

bottom line no Appleby no Cup that simple believe what you want and by the way 85 per cent of the team was here under Twohey

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
bottom line no Appleby no Cup that simple believe what you want and by the way 85 per cent of the team was here under Twohey

okay believe what you want there is NO way Twohey drafted 85% just look a his draft picks and look @ the Memorial Cup Champs, you are just trolling, you must be related to Twohey :laugh:
my last post on this as you do not know what you are talking about.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012

Yep you can tell that can you. Ya I haven't watched the Generals for over 40 years...You can tell that.....I wasn't at 4 Memorial Cups live 87, 90,97 and this year....you can tell that. Do you have tarot cards? Can you tell the future too?::shakehead

Roger Hunt pulled off the trades for BigMac Mistele Mermis......without those three NO Championship end of story. Go back and actually check who drafted most of this team.......not Twohey there bud.....before you make your big bold statements back it up with facts.......Enjoy your negative life
The real Generals fans on here are on cloud nine. I am still waking up with a smile on my face when I think of Cirelli popping that rebound in.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Here's my take on this whole situation,

Chris DiPiero was responsible for drafting Appelby, Brown, Petschenig, Carlisle, Cassels, Turner, Latour, (Urbanic and Hore who the Gens received picks for)

I'm sure he also had a hand in the drafting of Dal Colle, Manchurek, Desrocher & (Jacob Busch who the Gens got picks for).

However Twohey is the GM of note from the Dal Colle draft and was fully responsible for for Vande Sompel draft. An likely had a big hand in the Cliff Pu draft.

My personal opinion is, I believe Jeff Twohey deserves a ton of credit. He was smart enough to realize last seasons Generals squad would be in tough against North Bay, and then whomever the played in the finals, should they have gotten there. As London, Erie and Guelph all had better teams on paper. Thus not going all in last year when there where many fans questioning his abilities as he simply added Smoskowitz and Lepkowski. I think his patience was key for this seasons generals squad. In that regard I believe he deserves kudos as many may have seen a budding opportunity and jumped all over it. He realized the stronger shot would be this season and went with what he had.

However with that being said, you can't take away from Roger Hunt as he was the one who got Jeremy Brodeur and Michael Turner to commit to the Gens. Brought in Lindberg and Hertzberg and made the deals for McCarron, Mermis, Pedersen and Mistele.

I believe the three Generals GM's involved in the Josh Brown draft until the Cliff Pu draft all deserve credit. I'm a big supporter of Jeff Twohey, he's a great hockey mind, smart as the come. But the question will always remain would he have made the big splash this season ? I believe he would of, but thats an assumption and I understand where both sides are coming from.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Yep you can tell that can you. Ya I haven't watched the Generals for over 40 years...You can tell that.....I wasn't at 4 Memorial Cups live 87, 90,97 and this year....you can tell that. Do you have tarot cards? Can you tell the future too?::shakehead

Roger Hunt pulled off the trades for BigMac Mistele Mermis......without those three NO Championship end of story. Go back and actually check who drafted most of this team.......not Twohey there bud.....before you make your big bold statements back it up with facts.......Enjoy your negative life
The real Generals fans on here are on cloud nine. I am still waking up with a smile on my face when I think of Cirelli popping that rebound in.

I made a mistake when I said about Twohey drafting 85 per cent of the team okay but he had a lot to do with our success last years development you guys are not Gens Fans the Oshawa Generals would not be happy on the carrying on in here I've been a Generals fan before you little kids were born most posters on here are just little kids causing trouble so don,t worry I won,t be posting on here any more most or some are not fans anyway so SCREW OFF

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
However Twohey is the GM of note from the Dal Colle draft and was fully responsible for for Vande Sompel draft. An likely had a big hand in the Cliff Pu draft.

DiPiero was still GM for the Dal Colle draft.

Twohey was GM for the Vande Sompel/Pu drafts.

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013

Why so angry and aggressive? Such a silly argument.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Why so angry and aggressive? Such a silly argument.

Really not aggressive at all just a point being made. If you are going to chime in you really need to read all of his comments on here and I think you might understand. More frustration than aggression. I agree and like I said if you quoted my entire statement, the real Generals fans would like to enjoy this without the negativity from one person. Thanks

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I made a mistake when I said about Twohey drafting 85 per cent of the team okay but he had a lot to do with our success last years development you guys are not Gens Fans the Oshawa Generals would not be happy on the carrying on in here I've been a Generals fan before you little kids were born most posters on here are just little kids causing trouble so don,t worry I won,t be posting on here any more most or some are not fans anyway so SCREW OFF

Thank God. :handclap:

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Studnicka signs!

@jstudnicka23 Officially signed with Oshawa, can't wait for the upcoming season! Thank you to everyone who has helped me get to this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad