Oshawa Generals 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepHockey

Mar 19, 2015
It's a good thing there is only one Game 3 per series. The Generals let three giveaways directly cost them goals. Not a good game at all. Yes, the Otters played well but the Generals were terrible. Could have won the game if not for sloppy play. Devin Williams will be their undoing.

PS-I've never seen so many grotesquely fat people at a hockey game in my life! What the heck do they eat in Erie?!?

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
There was no way the Otters weren't going to make a series out of this. I'm glad the Gens showed they can take over like they did at the end of the game. The turnover by Carlisle really sucks the big one right now, but were getting at least 1 more chance to see the Gens at the GM Centre.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
The feed wasn't that bad, especially that cool retro look it had, but would it kill them to put the game time on the screen? I was just praying the play by play guy would say how much time was left in each period.

JeepHockey

Mar 19, 2015
Can someone sharpen Hunter Smith's skates before the next game?!? He has been falling down all over the place for the last three games.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
It's a good thing there is only one Game 3 per series. The Generals let three giveaways directly cost them goals. Not a good game at all. Yes, the Otters played well but the Generals were terrible. Could have won the game if not for sloppy play. Devin Williams will be their undoing.

PS-I've never seen so many grotesquely fat people at a hockey game in my life! What the heck do they eat in Erie?!?

are you that upset over one loss you have to make a comment like this?

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013

and what does that last comment have to do with the game?
really uncalled for

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Was the last Gens goal scored on the power play?

Yes. Darren Raddysh took delay of game penalty and Oshawa pulled goalie. Essentially was 6 on 4. Not sure why ohl website doesn't have it as PP goal but they will change that

JeepHockey

Mar 19, 2015
I'm sorry but, it was really shocking. Every time they showed people in the crowd they were huge. It was honestly distracting. Then I saw this article and understood things a bit better: http://www.goerie.com/article/20130...7/our-view-lets-drop-eries-fattest-city-label

At the end of the day, to answer the one Erie posters question, no I'm not that upset about one loss. The Generals have lost every Game 3 in the series. Your goalie is simply not good enough to allow you to win the series. I'm thankful for the Otters win. I wanted to see the Generals win the series at home.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I'm sorry but, it was really shocking. Every time they showed people in the crowd they were huge. It was honestly distracting. Then I saw this article and understood things a bit better: http://www.goerie.com/article/20130...7/our-view-lets-drop-eries-fattest-city-label

At the end of the day, to answer the one Erie posters question, no I'm not that upset about one loss. The Generals have lost every Game 3 in the series. Your goalie is simply not good enough to allow you to win the series. I'm thankful for the Otters win. I wanted to see the Generals win the series at home.

Cmon now, the Soo fans were talking cocky like that before playoffs even started. I don't think they're feeling too good these days and I dont want to feel like that either. I'll admit I would want to see the Gens win at home, but we still gotta take this one game at a time.

darmitage

May 13, 2012

PS-I've never seen so many grotesquely fat people at a hockey game in my life! What the heck do they eat in Erie

are you ever negative!!!!!!!!!your going to get people in here mad at you haha! yes Generals didn,t look good and they also let off covering McDavid the people in Erie do look fat I think they eat McDavids left overs!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

PS-I've never seen so many grotesquely fat people at a hockey game in my life! What the heck do they eat in Erie

are you ever negative!!!!!!!!!your going to get people in here mad at you haha! yes Generals didn,t look good and they also let off covering McDavid the people in Erie do look fat I think they eat McDavids left overs!

Apparently they ate the Gennies because the some how disappeared last night:handclap:

JeepHockey

Mar 19, 2015
Cmon now, the Soo fans were talking cocky like that before playoffs even started. I don't think they're feeling too good these days and I dont want to feel like that either. I'll admit I would want to see the Gens win at home, but we still gotta take this one game at a time.

I don't have to take this one game at a time. I'm a fan. The players probably should though. After Game 1 I told my wife, this is a five game series win for the Generals with Erie winning Game 3. The Generals have stalled in every Game 3 in the playoffs and put up their worst performance of each series during the first game on the road.

I think the comeback at the end of the game is going to boost their confidence. I think the first goal in the next game is vital. The Generals, like most teams, play much better hockey when they aren't forced to press. Pressing too hard last night caused turnovers by both Mistele and Carlisle that resulted in goals for the Otters.

I liked how DJ Smith and Cole Cassels shrugged off the excuses being teed up by the media during the press conference (bad ice, time at the end of the second period, crowd noise, etc.). They basically made no excuses.

The Generals need to come out tomorrow night and play their game. Get lots of pucks on Williams (they had less than 30 shots last night), crowd the net (like they did against Jake Smith) and sharpen Hunter Smith's skates.

After stand out games in Games 1 & 2 Brown and Latour need to rebound. Dakota Mermis, IMHO, is the MVP of the final so far for the Generals.

Last edited:

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I don't have to take this one game at a time. I'm a fan. The players probably should though. After Game 1 I told my wife, this is a five game series win for the Generals with Erie winning Game 3. The Generals have stalled in every Game 3 in the playoffs and put up their worst performance of each series during the first game on the road.

I think the comeback at the end of the game is going to boost their confidence. I think the first goal in the next game is vital. The Generals, like most teams, play much better hockey when they aren't forced to press. Pressing too hard last night caused turnovers by both Mistele and Carlisle that resulted in goals for the Otters.

I liked how DJ Smith and Cole Cassels shrugged off the excuses being teed up by the media during the press conference (bad ice, time at the end of the second period, crowd noise, etc.). They basically made no excuses.

The Generals need to come out tomorrow night and play their game. Get lots of pucks on Williams (they had less than 30 shots last night), crowd the net (like they did against Jake Smith) and sharpen Hunter Smith's skates.

After stand out games in Games 1 & 2 Brown and Latour need to rebound. Dakota Mermis, IMHO, is the MVP of the final so far for the Generals.

The comeback at the end of the game could also have Erie saying: we can't let our foot off the gas and have to play 60 minutes. Yes it was a "comeback" but never really felt in too much doubt. They had a wide up player in front of net on the first terrible missed assignment
defensively from Erie. Then a 6 on 4 PP goal. But Erie largely played hold the lead with 5-6 minutes left and if it wasn't for the penalty that Darren Raddysh took for delay of game late the final score might likely be 4-2 or 5-2 off an Erie empty net

Oshawa pressed cause they were down 2-0 and then 3-0. They play a lot different when behind for sure. So if Erie can strike first in games or take a lead to the 3rd period they will be in good shape. Easier said than done but think Erie players and coaches have all said it. You have the lead on this team and that is half the battle

three dog night

May 3, 2014
If this series goes like the Gens series in round one thru thru three they should win tom night maybe last night comeback attempt will spill over.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
If this series goes like the Gens series in round one thru thru three they should win tom night maybe last night comeback attempt will spill over.

I'm not being negative but if Oshawa don,t cover McDavid more then I doubt they will win the series !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoodoggie

Dec 27, 2014
RE: Grotesquely fat people jeephockey........It appears they eat Oshawa Generals in eerie!!

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
does anyone know if you can buy game 5 tickets on line? I looked and its blank

I went to the box office during game 2 to grab an extra ticket for game 5. All I could get was a standing room ticket. Check the night before, that's when season ticket holders seats become available if they didn't claim them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad