Oshawa Generals 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gensfan92

Dec 20, 2014
Oshawa
Congrats Generals you deserve it! Im happy McCarron and merrmis got to hoist the cup well done!
They said Peterborough had a chance, they said Niagara had our number, North Bay will beat us, oh there's no way we beat Erie well now we're Mastercard Memorial Cup Champions baby, I was calling it all year, but nobody would have any of it, what a feeling:handclap:

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Congratulation to the city of Oshawa as well as the players!! I am really happy for them even though I haven't lived in the city for 20 yrs. I always supported them growing up as a season ticket holder for some years.

The city has gone through some tough times. I am so happy for everyone.

have a good summer

And no MVP -wow

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
They said Peterborough had a chance, they said Niagara had our number, North Bay will beat us, oh there's no way we beat Erie well now we're Mastercard Memorial Cup Champions baby, I was calling it all year, but nobody would have any of it, what a feeling:handclap:

Gens were favourites in all those series.
Whose "they" anyway? Fans of teams you mentioned?

16 weeks as the #1 team in Canada.

This, " we're not respected" stuff is getting old lol

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Congrats Oshawa and fans!
Enjoy, the Memorial Cup is sweet gravy on top of a great season.
It es easy to cheer for Shwa with all the London connections.
With all they've done this year, theyve left no doubt, Shwa reigns supreme.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Congrats to Oshawa on a winning the Memorial Cup. Appleby should've won one MVP award either in the OHL or Mem Cup finals in my opinion but great effort from everyone. Phenomenal season!

Yobbles

Aug 16, 2012
Woohoooooooooooo!!!

Hard to believe the Gens are Memorial Cup Champs!!!!!!! :yo:

Thrilled for some new banners to be raised at the GMC!!!

jqb114274847_high.jpg

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Couldn't make it back to Quebec for the final, but what an amazing finish.

I will be there opening night to see TWO banners go up to the rafters!

What a special team. :yo:

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Gens were favourites in all those series.
Whose "they" anyway? Fans of teams you mentioned?

16 weeks as the #1 team in Canada.

This, " we're not respected" stuff is getting old lol

Just fans in general I would say. A lot of returning players and we start the season not in the top 10. As the season rolls along, Erie and Soo were getting tons of praise as well. Soo even finishing ahead of the Gens in the real standings and CHL top 10. Playoffs come around and the Soo are beating their opponents without a challenge, while the Gens lose a game in each series. People start questioning this team because were not sweeping teams like the Petes. Gens beat Erie and the Camera cuts out on the Gens celebrating to show McDavid talking with the media. Wasn't until this tournament where the Gens were finally being talked about as the team to beat.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Couldn't make it back to Quebec for the final, but what an amazing finish.

I will be there opening night to see TWO banners go up to the rafters!

What a special team. :yo:

Yup and to hear the team come out to the the words "5 time Memorial Cup Champions!"

lol and how about Appleby that game? You gotta admit this time, he was the reason that game went to OT

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Hearty congratulations to the Generals and their fans for bringing the Memorial Cup Championship to the O! I wish the Storm could have immediately had a do-over last year, so remember to really relish this moment!

Way to go!

Last edited:

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Congrats guys, you deserve every minute of this. You managed to do what no team for a few years has been able to do, bring the cup back to the OHL. Enjoy the party. (By the way Appleby definitely should've MVP, just saying)

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Congrats to Oshawa for winning the cup, nice to see the Windsor connection from ownership to coaches to some of the players on the roster, ie Smith, Manchurek, and Robertson reap the rewards, as well as everyone on the team, well deserved.
You did the OHL well.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
That was an awesome treat to watch! Major props to the Gens for winning the Mem Cup and rightfully bringing it back to the OHL!

Also, nice to see someone like Mermis finally win the Mem Cup and go out on such a high! Although making it to many Mem Cups does say something about the player and the Knights Organization to be able to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad