Prospect Info: Oscar Möller opening some eyes?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Meh, it was probably the same as Holloway where he wanted $1 million+ and a guaranteed spot on the roster. It just isn't going to happen. If they wanted that then they should have never left. It doesn't matter now. I don't know where he would have fit anyway.

I doubt they are worth anything other than future considerations.

Moller's situation was different, he asked permission to play in Euro, and the Kings granted it.

Moller is happy playing in his home town, he wasn't going to come back unless it was for an NHL roster spot.

Which he won't get cause the Kings roster is deep, and his style of play does not fit.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Not shocked. There's 0 chance he gets any kind of guaranteed / 1-way deal. Our top 6 (really top 9) is pretty much set pending what happens with Gabby.

Wont be surprised if his rights are traded for a late-round pick to an east coast team.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Moller's situation was different, he asked permission to play in Euro, and the Kings granted it.

Moller is happy playing in his home town, he wasn't going to come back unless it was for an NHL roster spot.

Which he won't get cause the Kings roster is deep, and his style of play does not fit.

Yeah, but if he had stayed he would likely be playing in the NHL somewhere if not here like Loktionov is. He knew what he was doing when he left and the consequences it would have on his career, but if he had stayed he would have been called back to the main club sooner or later and given more looks, and likely moved to another team if he couldn't stay on this roster. I'm sure he is happy and content with his decision though.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Really, where would Moller fit? You've got Brown, Toffoli & Williams as your top 3? He's not going to supplant any of those 3. Just deal his rights to somebody like Florida, Calgary, Toronto or Buffalo, Deano.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Really, where would Moller fit? You've got Brown, Toffoli & Williams as your top 3? He's not going to supplant any of those 3. Just deal his rights to somebody like Florida, Calgary, Toronto or Buffalo, Deano.

It was likely it would have been a deal like Johan Franson had a couple years ago. He signed, came over for camp, was demoted to Manchester, played a few games until he found a contract in Europe and left. I agree just trade his rights and take whatever draft pick you can get.

From Möller's agent: Oscar will not be playing in the NHL next season, there were negotiations with the Kings but they could not come to an agreement. The Kings own his rights until 2016.

How does that work? Thought he was a UFA after the draft this summer?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
It was likely it would have been a deal like Johan Franson had a couple years ago. He signed, came over for camp, was demoted to Manchester, played a few games until he found a contract in Europe and left. I agree just trade his rights and take whatever draft pick you can get.

How does that work? Thought he was a UFA after the draft this summer?

I thought the same, I am pretty sure Moller is an UFA due to pro games played. He is in a Pro league that is counting towards his UFA status. Just like Bud Holloway.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I know everyone wants to see Toffoli on the 2nd line but him being on the 4th line wrecked the NYR. It would be fun to put a Toffoli and Moller on the 4th line against certain teams with a Richards and watch them wreak havoc against the other team's weak 2nd or 3rd defense pairings.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

I was holding out the hope that something like Richards/Moller as a foundation of a 4th line..... I know this unrealistic... could be funny as hell.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I have no idea how it works but that's coming straight from his agent, gotta be true.

That was my thought, it's coming from the agent so he's got to know the right date. But it just stood out as strange considering everyone heres understanding was UFA this year and it seems it's another two years somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00