Prospect Info: Oscar Möller opening some eyes?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If he can be the type of player Silfverberg has been for the Ducks or Soderberg for the Bruins, then I'm all for it. Those guys have been effective on the forecheck for their teams and can make plays when the puck is on their stick. The Kings need more of that from their support players outside of the top six. So long as they can inject some creativity and offense in the bottom six while also surrounding him with players with some size and grit, because Moller will need that support to give him some space and time to make plays.

Apparently he's been playing LW in Sweden, and at this point, given how Clifford and Nolan have been in and out of the lineup, I'd rather see what a guy like Moller can do. If he can be another Brad Richardson, a versatile forward who can play anywhere in the lineup, then it makes sense to bring him back.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Interesting!

No doubt he can be a solid player once he got his 'man strength.' He can get stronger but such a little frame. He's going to succeed on his grit and speed alone but hope he can add a lot of balance/lower-body strength to go with his hands/mind. Love this kid and would love more than anything for him to make it here if he can fit.

KingKopitar11*

Hey if be got stronger, I'm all for bringing Moller back. I'm just surprised the Kings are interested. He's not a useless grinder so it's kind of weird to hear they're interested.

He's left wing? Sexy.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Seeing how one of the best players on the Rangers has been Mats Zuccarello, who is 5'7" and 179, and has 8 points in 13 playoff games, I don't see why Moller can't be given an opportunity.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
LA could use an influx of skill to balance the sliding skills of Brown and Richards, whom both appear to be bottom six shut down type in the near future(today). Not really Moller's game imo, he's a skill guy with some speed and good offensive instincts. Hope he works out, always appreciated his effort.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
LA could use an influx of skill to balance the sliding skills of Brown and Richards, whom both appear to be bottom six shut down type in the near future(today). Not really Moller's game imo, he's a skill guy with some speed and good offensive instincts. Hope he works out, always appreciated his effort.

They certainly do need a more balanced lineup. Seems like they have so many redundant players on the roster. Clifford and Nolan are no different, Stoll and Lewis have similar skill sets (hands of stone), Brown has played his way in a bottom six role and he hasn't been able to excel wherever he has been inserted in the lineup. So yeah, a fresh face with some jump in his skating and a touch of skill could be a welcome addition to the bottom six.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Bottom 6:

Moller Stoll Williams
King Shore Lewis

Andreoff, Clifford

A equal bit of speed, energy, skill, grit, and stone hands to call upon.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
We desperately need to add skill and speed into the bottom six, Moller is worth a try

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Moller will be an UFA soon, he has a good gig going in his home Country.

He makes decent money, he is a star on the team. Doubt he signs to come back to NA and bounce all over the lineup and NHL/AHL for less pay.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site

He makes decent money, he is a star on the team. Doubt he signs to come back to NA and bounce all over the lineup and NHL/AHL for less pay.

If he comes over it has to be NHL or bust. I can't see him taking an AHL Demotion. Also there has to be a crappier team that would take a flyer on him.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden

True, but some players actually dream about being NHL players and don't just say they do like Holloway. We'll see though, I still have my doubts on whether Möller can be an effective player on the Kings so it won't be the end of the world if he goes unsigned.

Craigy

Apr 11, 2007
Christian Ruutu? I remember when that guy played in the NHL. Didn't Tony Granato two hand over the head with his stick? Maybe that was another player but I remember Christian Ruutu and I think he played for the Blackhawks if i"m not mistaken. SOrry, I saw that and went off on a tangent.

I was at that game, couldnt believe it.... :yo:

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Seeing how one of the best players on the Rangers has been Mats Zuccarello, who is 5'7" and 179, and has 8 points in 13 playoff games, I don't see why Moller can't be given an opportunity.

You do realize who the GM and Coach are.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Racking up shots on goal, would be good for Corsi :sarcasm: and wait, I see "Hydra" in that link...hmm.

Seriously though would love to see him back in the NHL. He'd be a long shot for this team imo, but I love this kid and want to see him play.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's funny. With all these possible upgrades/movements for skill we're starting to lose size. Our top 6/9 isn't very big anymore.

I mentioned that before, too. It's a tradeoff. We had a bunch of battleships last year. The tradeoff to take on more skill/speed means you're going to on average get smaller. There are some big guys with good speed and good skill but they're few and far between. We're lucky to have the ones we do. It's gonna happen on the defensive end, too--you want mobility, more often than not you're going to have to pay with size.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I mentioned that before, too. It's a tradeoff. We had a bunch of battleships last year. The tradeoff to take on more skill/speed means you're going to on average get smaller. There are some big guys with good speed and good skill but they're few and far between. We're lucky to have the ones we do. It's gonna happen on the defensive end, too--you want mobility, more often than not you're going to have to pay with size.

Well said.

On Moller I have seen him a couple of times in person over the past couple of seasons and he looks like he did when he was with us. Very good. So long as he isn't being held on to he is a smart fast player with a very good shot but he still gets knocked off the puck in the corners a bit more easily then I would like to see.

It's is likely a moo point though because I can't see us offering more than a 2 way deal and I don't see why OM would take one to come here. I like the idea of adding skill and OM's speed is very good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $210.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs USA
    France vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $225.00