Prospect Info: Oscar Möller opening some eyes?

KingKopitar11*

Well its a good tradeoff. West is getting faster and more skilled since we won the cup. It's crazy how much better teams have gotten since. We can't just pound them any more.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Crazy that Blake is talking about Moller...

I just dont see where he'd fit. 3rd line? Cause its unlikely he'd be ahead of Pearson/Toffoli or even Vey for top 6 duty.

I doubt anything ever comes of this.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well said.

On Moller I have seen him a couple of times in person over the past couple of seasons and he looks like he did when he was with us. Very good. So long as he isn't being held on to he is a smart fast player with a very good shot but he still gets knocked off the puck in the corners a bit more easily then I would like to see.

It's is likely a moo point though because I can't see us offering more than a 2 way deal and I don't see why OM would take one to come here. I like the idea of adding skill and OM's speed is very good.

Well its a good tradeoff. West is getting faster and more skilled since we won the cup. It's crazy how much better teams have gotten since. We can't just pound them any more.

I think so too, we're one of the last with a pretty unique identity of being big but also skilled. As long as the little guys can bang and be gritty, why not bring them aboard? I mean, we grabbed Mike Richards for similar reasons. As long as you can battle you can come on in. But if Moller is still getting knocked off the puck like he's not there, that's a problem.

Obviously we don't want a team of midgets playing our style, but we do need an injection of speed (but skilled speed) to compete with teams like the Ducks, Chicago, et. al. Is there really anybody threatening in the conference that's scary size wise anymore? I mean, the Pacific has their gigantic centers and you want guys who can neutralize them, but that's about all I've got offhand.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's room for all of the little guys--I mean, at one point we had Moller, Kozun, Weal, Azevedo--talk about redundancy. But if they're faster and more skilled than what we are rolling, why not?

I like the observation about the league transitioning to more speed/skill, though. Montreal advancing over Boston shows that. The Hawks winning shows that. Obviously there's more than one way to build a franchise and we've seen teams of varying styles win over the last half-decade but our truest weakness is speed/shiftiness leading to counterpunches of teams like the Ducks/Hawks/Stars/et al and the best way to address it is to get a little faster ourselves. Look at what Gaborik is doing, man.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
Can't see much of a reason not to have more depth. Worse case he just heads back or moves to another team if he can show NHL level skills. He wouldn't be the first guy who we signed and then allowed back to Europe when we didn't have a spot for him and he was still under contract (Ersberg).

We really don't know what's going to happen in the off-season with Gaborik. The caps not going uo by much and god only knows how much he actually wants. I think both Richards and Carter are playing injured and King is up for a bit of a raise. Add a whole bunch of unknowns down on defense (RR injured badly, Wilie and Greene UFA) and you have question marks that another LW doesn't seem to have much downside.

Besides it's competition. If he beats out Pearson he gets the spot.

donkozak

Feb 16, 2014
canada
Moller Better Than Lewis... By Far

Nice hopefully he can make it back. He was always talented.

Some games I watch I wonder why Lewis and sometimes Brown are around. Lewis has zero scoring skills and marginal hockey skills. And he will never replace Stoll as our checking center. As for Brown well I see him being useless unless he's creating space for his linemates. His puck distribution is mediocre and scoring is done off of nifty plays by Kopitar or Gaborik. Moller is better suited to playing than the aforementioned because number one he has skills.Two he's as versatile maybe more. And three he's going to come with a better price tag than Brown's albatross contract and Lewis' 1.5 annual stipend which I would never have negotiated. Really 1.5 for a fourth line player. I would have let him walk.Moller could play first line with the multi talented Kopi and Gabby or 3rd-4th and be effective. Personally I would swap Brown to NYIsles for their first rounder in 2014. Lewis I'd give away for nothing(7th rounder). That way Moller gets his chance and while the Kings are at it bring Holloway back too.I bet those two would bring more scoring for us than Brown and Lewis.

PS My appreciation for Brown waxes and wans a lot lately(this year). When he's banging he's effective when he's not he's a minor leaguer!

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Some games I watch I wonder why Lewis and sometimes Brown are around. Lewis has zero scoring skills and marginal hockey skills. And he will never replace Stoll as our checking center. As for Brown well I see him being useless unless he's creating space for his linemates. His puck distribution is mediocre and scoring is done off of nifty plays by Kopitar or Gaborik. Moller is better suited to playing than the aforementioned because number one he has skills.Two he's as versatile maybe more. And three he's going to come with a better price tag than Brown's albatross contract and Lewis' 1.5 annual stipend which I would never have negotiated. Really 1.5 for a fourth line player. I would have let him walk.Moller could play first line with the multi talented Kopi and Gabby or 3rd-4th and be effective. Personally I would swap Brown to NYIsles for their first rounder in 2014. Lewis I'd give away for nothing(7th rounder). That way Moller gets his chance and while the Kings are at it bring Holloway back too.I bet those two would bring more scoring for us than Brown and Lewis.

PS My appreciation for Brown waxes and wans a lot lately(this year). When he's banging he's effective when he's not he's a minor leaguer!
Very odd moment to criticize Trevor Lewis...

As for Brown, yeah fully agree with that. It probably wont happen but if the Kings win the SC, than its a crime he's the first to lift the Cup. He's playing and is not a liability by any means but nobody would miss him if he didnt play. That for a captain and soon to be $6M caphit till eternity.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Pretty sure the Isles would not give up their #1 for Brown. The are slotted #5. Even if the Kings added their first! (which will hoepfully be #30 overall!)
I don't think Lewis is slotted for Stoll's #3 center position. I think Nick Shore is. As for Moller, I hope they sign him.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
So... you guys think the Kings will offer him a one-way deal? Skellefteås GM said they consider him lost to the NHL, I doubt he'd go over on a two-way contract though.

Doubt the Kings offer him a one way contract, when Shore/Vey/Andy are all knocking on the door.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Haven't heard much on the Moller front. Kings have a sick amount of talent showing up. This team could be completely transformed next year. Forget 3 offensive lines... go with 4!!! lol Sutter's going to bench everyone for not grinding in the corners!! It will be great!

Something about the Kings taking it to the Hawks, and possibly adding guys like Prokorkin/Moller... oh yeah and the AHL guys... this is just beautiful.

Dave in LA

Chick Magnet
Jul 16, 2002
Visit site

As for Brown, yeah fully agree with that. It probably wont happen but if the Kings win the SC, than its a crime he's the first to lift the Cup. He's playing and is not a liability by any means but nobody would miss him if he didnt play. That for a captain and soon to be $6M caphit till eternity.

Unbelievable. :shakehead

Brown deserves the money because, one, he deserves it. Two, the first captain to lead this team to a Cup. Three, he would have gotten a lot more if he would gone ufa. He took a discount to be a king for life.

His #23 will be hanging in the rafters. Deal with it people.

Oh yeah, Moller better than Lewis? :biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles

I usually agree with you 99.9% of the time F63, but I really disagree with this. I think Brown deserves his contract and I see him bouncing back well these coming years.
Hopefully... :)

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Moller does not have to be a center correct? Get rid of King. Have Moller play on the wing if his skill counts more than King's size.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Moller does not have to be a center correct? Get rid of King. Have Moller play on the wing if his skill counts more than King's size.

Pretty sure he can play all three positions. He was a LW for Sweden during the Worlds recently, and one of their best players.

Still not convinced Oscar is a fit on this team whereas King, as little as some think of him, clearly is.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
http://bloggar.expressen.se/mrmadhawk/2014/06/15/besked-moller-kvar-i-skelleftea/

From Möller's agent: Oscar will not be playing in the NHL next season, there were negotiations with the Kings but they could not come to an agreement. The Kings own his rights until 2016.

So my guess is that a 2-way contract offer was on the table and Möller wanted 1-way. But that's just me speculating.

Meh, it was probably the same as Holloway where he wanted $1 million+ and a guaranteed spot on the roster. It just isn't going to happen. If they wanted that then they should have never left. It doesn't matter now. I don't know where he would have fit anyway.

trade his rights at the draft

I doubt they are worth anything other than future considerations.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
At this point, i'm not sure where Oscar would fit into this roster either... The top 2 lines are basically cemented and the third line is probably where he would be. Maybe the 4th. It's tough to give money to a guy that may or may not fit in at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00