News and Blog Report: Orange uniforms permanently replacing the blue

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Not gonna lie the orange has REALLY grown on me. Hated them at 1st, love them now.
Im OK with it. Neither happy or sad really. Ideally I want both.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Well they can double for hunting attire as well . The jersey needing a overhaul is the white.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I like both jerseys but man they really need to bring back these bad boys:

7f0291b3-4cdc-4158-82cd-1a4c71c40514.jpg

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I really don't get why switching suppliers would cause this issue.

We aren't a big enough sport for them to care most likely.

I'm a bit mixed. I love the blue, but I think I like the idea of forging a new identity with the Orange better. And in terms of the poll, hell no to ditching the white. We have the best road jersey in the league

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
We aren't a big enough sport for them to care most likely.

I'm a bit mixed. I love the blue, but I think I like the idea of forging a new identity with the Orange better. And in terms of the poll, hell no to ditching the white. We have the best road jersey in the league

I've never been a huge fan of the whites lol. Not enough orange on it for me. Looks too... sad? cold? Something like that. While the orange jerseys have too much orange. That's why I like the blue jerseys best.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Don't much care for the orange jerseys, but the one nice thing is that the crowd at Rogers has steadily been more and more solid orange. I always lamented that our jerseys didn't really work for a monochrome crowd like Nashville, Philly, Washington and the like.

Mowman

Jan 17, 2017
How about another option:

Like it, but really wish the Oilers weren't slightly changing the jersey to drive jersey sales...

Every team is making slight changes for next year as part of the change over to Adidas.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm pretty sure each jersey will look slightly different. Might not be the teams choice, but the actual look of every jersey will slightly change.

In terms of the jersey construction, and generic elements such as the collar, absolutely. I was more referring to any design elements on individual jerseys.

Mowman

Jan 17, 2017
In terms of the jersey construction, and generic elements such as the collar, absolutely. I was more referring to any design elements on individual jerseys.

ahh okay, i see what you are saying now. My bad

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
It'll be weird not seeing them in blue jerseys, but the orange jerseys seem to be popular.

Does anybody know what their record is when wearing the orange jerseys vs. when wearing the blue jerseys? If they play better in the orange jerseys then I'm happy with the switch.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I like the orange, in a few years every one will get tired of it and they will switch back to the vintage blue. All part of the cycle, but looks good for now.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Oilers1.png

I wonder if the slight alterations they mention to the whites will be to make them closer to the Alberta Oilers WHA jerseys: Orange shoulders and shoulder numbers. I think that'd look pretty good personally, and the shoulder numbers have grown on me after I initially hated them.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Edmonton/2017/02/07/22702537.html

With all that in mind your correspondent asked online editor Nathan Martin to create a poll to run on both Sun and Journal websites polling fans whether they wanted the Oilers to choose blue or orange for their home jerseys going forward.

You voted orange.

But it wasn’t anywhere near the overwhelming response indicated by the jersey sales.

In all, a whopping 5,687 readers responded with 2,939 voting orange and 2,748 voting blue.

That’s 52 per cent orange and 48 per cent blue.

“We sell 200% more orange than blue and white combined.

“Orange is definitely the colour.”

And sales of Oilers jerseys with McDavid’s name and No. 97 on the back are even more staggering.

“We sell more McDavid jerseys than we do blanks. That’s just unprecedented. The blank jerseys, just because of the costs being half of what a jersey crested with name and numbers cost, has always outsold the crested jersey. We’re selling about two McDavid jerseys to every one blank,” said Hodgson.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Oilers1.png

I wonder if the slight alterations they mention to the whites will be to make them closer to the Alberta Oilers WHA jerseys: Orange shoulders and shoulder numbers. I think that'd look pretty good personally, and the shoulder numbers have grown on me after I initially hated them.

I'd want the blue shoulders to stay.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I like the Orange. Blue is a common jersey color so the orange stands out more. if we start winning Championships and Mcdavid becomes the best player in the world for years then people will associate orange jerseys with Edmonton.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Really like the orange one, don't mind the change at all. Still hoping the blue jersey's will be back as 3rd one day.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I like the orange, but would rather we ditched the white. Sure, it'd be a little confusing for fans of other teams, but it doesn't seem like the Oilers without a blue jersey...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00