Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Why not take the chance? Let them battle it out. Nothing is given, it is earned. Soft generation these days
Yeah. I don’t want Maye playing a single snap this year and think we need to tank one more year while he sits. So what happens if Milton is ok when Jacoby has to sit bc we’re 1-9 and getting crushed?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Yeah. I don’t want Maye playing a single snap this year and think we need to tank one more year while he sits. So what happens if Milton is ok when Jacoby has to sit bc we’re 1-9 and getting crushed?
Play Milton. Maye is potentially the guy. Milton is a wildcard gunslinger. Maye is the kid they want to handle with care

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
1714267236414.png

Five, count em, FIVE, QB's going into offseason mini camp. There's no way this stays the course. Especially since Milton isn't switching positions. I have to believe the Patriots are going to finally move on from Zappe and either trade him to a desperate team or cut his ass. Rourke is only there to be a practice squad guy/scout team QB I think. He had a solid season quarterbacking the BC Lions last year, but this ain't the CFL.

Reactions: bbfan419

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
View attachment 860807
Five, count em, FIVE, QB's going into offseason mini camp. There's no way this stays the course. Especially since Milton isn't switching positions. I have to believe the Patriots are going to finally move on from Zappe and either trade him to a desperate team or cut his ass. Rourke is only there to be a practice squad guy/scout team QB I think. He had a solid season quarterbacking the BC Lions last year, but this ain't the CFL.
Milton is the weak link there. Training camp sideshow. Oh but he throws the football ninety yards. Zappe bad but then Milton shows what worse can be. Rooting for Zappe to hang around and smile.

Last edited:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Milton is the weak link there. Training camp sideshow. Oh but he throws the football ninety yards. Zappe bad but then Milton shows what worse can be. Rooting for Zappe to hang around and smile.
I agree. He's not a very good quarterback. Really nice kid, great teammate, incredible physical attributes, lacking in absolutely every other area.

Again, his best chance for NFL success is probably as a Taysom Hill type of player.

Reactions: DNE3

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

I don't disagree that he is a weak link. He's a guy with an inaccurate cannon arm that could be a pick six machine. But Zappe is also a weak link with a weak arm and an overinflated ego. I could see both of them getting the boot.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't disagree that he is a weak link. He's a guy with an inaccurate cannon arm that could be a pick six machine. But Zappe is also a weak link with a weak arm and an overinflated ego. I could see both of them getting the boot.

The best thing to do it get drake maye ready since he is the #3 pick

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Mac fans still very upset it seems.

No one's mentioned Mac Jones. You're the one who brought him up out of nowhere. Yeah. Mac Jones failed. So did Bailey Zappe and yet he still thinks he's Brett Favre when he's not even good enough to hold a clipboard, nevermind a starting QB job in the NFL. Clean slate the room.

The best thing to do it get drake maye ready since he is the #3 pick

Yeah, I don't disagree. Get Maye ready to go. The team can also cut the dead weight and get rid of two crap bag QBs.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
No one's mentioned Mac Jones. You're the one who brought him up out of nowhere. Yeah. Mac Jones failed. So did Bailey Zappe and yet he still thinks he's Brett Favre when he's not even good enough to hold a clipboard, nevermind a starting QB job in the NFL. Clean slate the room.

Yeah, I don't disagree. Get Maye ready to go. The team can also cut the dead weight and get rid of two crap bag QBs.

if Brissett does not work out in camp, and Maye is not ready, the Pats have a back up in Zappe who can go on the road in Pitt or Denver and win with a 2-10 team. The Pats aren't focused on revenge like you I assume

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
I would rather lose with Joe Milton than lose with Bailey Zappe
Joe Milton can not play the position of quarterback in the NFL. I don't know why he was drafted. Zappe not good but experienced with backup role. Maye is raw rookie and can't be number one off the bench if Brissett down. If Zappe plays well in camp he survives and could carve out backup career.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Joe Milton can not play the position of quarterback in the NFL. I don't know why he was drafted. Zappe not good but experienced with backup role. Maye can't be number one off the bench if Brissett down, raw rookie. If Zappe plays well in camp he survives and could carve out backup career.
Yeah but it’s no fun losing with Bailey Zappe it would be a lot of fun losing with Joe Milton

Reactions: EvilDead

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Yeah but it’s no fun losing with Bailey Zappe it would be a lot of fun losing with Joe Milton

Should have drafted Spencer Rattler and everybody could have fun all season. Plus the upgrade.

1714321752567.png

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
if Brissett does not work out in camp, and Maye is not ready, the Pats have a back up in Zappe who can go on the road in Pitt or Denver and win with a 2-10 team. The Pats aren't focused on revenge like you I assume

To hell with that. If the Patriots are going to suck, might as well make it hilarious by having Bazooka Joe throwing prayers across the field to Kenny Borne only for them to end up as pick sixes. Bailey Zappe is an arrogant ass clown who thinks beating the Browns and Lions when they were dogshit means he's a real QB in the league. His reality check is long overdue.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
To hell with that. If the Patriots are going to suck, might as well make it hilarious by having Bazooka Joe throwing prayers across the field to Kenny Borne only for them to end up as pick sixes. Bailey Zappe is an arrogant ass clown who thinks beating the Browns and Lions when they were dogshit means he's a real QB in the league. His reality check is long overdue.

how good drake maye is all that really matters. Just saying the need to rage cut Zappe for no reason isn't in the pats interest

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
how good drake maye is all that really matters. Just saying the need to rage cut Zappe for no reason isn't in the pats interest

Yes, you're exactly correct. He is all that matters. They just spent a top three pick on this kid. It's either him or Brissett. If they start Bailey Zappe ahead of those two guys, then this team wasted a top three pick on a QB that can't start ahead of a Dollar Tree Brett Favre when they could've had Marvin Harrison Jr.

I'm done watching Bailey Zappe under center for the Patriots and listening to people pretend as if it was acceptable and showed promise. The kid's arm was a wet noodle like Mac's and he has an overinflated ego. Mayo needs to make it clear that if Zappe wants to stay on this team, he needs to earn a spot. Because he's done nothing to merrit staying on this team. If you're going to suck, might as well make it funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad